GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script sebaab's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sebaab's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sebaab's diary

Originally posted by sebaab View Post
    Debt 6
    Type: Credit Card (Santander)
    Start Date: 2006
    Balance: 2.3k
    Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
    Paying by: not paying
    Account Owner: (Was SCL Collections) Now Santander
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:
    Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
    Dec 2106 from Santander "Notice of Sums in Arrears"
    Jan 2017 from Santander "Please make a payment", "We may be charging you fees for missing payments"
    Jan 2017 from Santander "Notice of Default Sums"
    Jan 2017 from Santander "Please call us urgently"
    Feb 2017 "We need you to repay the outstanding overdue amount", "if you don't you will need to pay the whole outstanding balance instead of just the arrears"
    Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Santander
    Feb 2017 Letter From Santander "As you have not made a payment to clear the arrears, we now need you to clear the full balance outstanding of £x,xxx. Please make a payment by ringing us on xxxxxxxx"
    Feb 2017 Checked Royal Mail and CCA Request Letter hasn't been delivered yet (Posted 1st class signed for on 10th Feb)
    Feb 2017 from Santander (in response to my CCA request) "please find enclosed a copy of your Credit Agreement, T&C's & Statement of Account"
    Niddy says
    Feb 2017 from Santander Late payment charge and Interest on balance transfer added to debt

Uddate March 2017 from Santander "The above debt is still outstanding. If you do not make payment a default will be recorded on your account. Please call us"

Letter from Santander received as above ^^ will ignore

Comment

Debt 6
      Type: Credit Card (Santander)
      Balance: 2.3k
      Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
      Account Owner: (Was SCL Collections) Now Santander
      Key:
      sent
      received
      other information

Start of Diary:
      Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
      Dec 2106 from Santander "Notice of Sums in Arrears"
      Jan 2017 from Santander "Please make a payment", "We may be charging you fees for missing payments"
      Jan 2017 from Santander "Notice of Default Sums"
      Jan 2017 from Santander "Please call us urgently"
      Feb 2017 "We need you to repay the outstanding overdue amount", "if you don't you will need to pay the whole outstanding balance instead of just the arrears"
      Feb 2017 Letter From Santander "As you have not made a payment to clear the arrears, we now need you to clear the full balance outstanding of £x,xxx. Please make a payment by ringing us on xxxxxxxx"
      Feb 2017 Checked Royal Mail and CCA Request Letter hasn't been delivered yet (Posted 1st class signed for on 10th Feb)
      Feb 2017 from Santander (in response to my CCA request) "please find enclosed a copy of your Credit Agreement, T&C's & Statement of Account"
      Niddy says
      Feb 2017 from Santander Late payment charge and Interest on balance transfer added to debt

Uddate March 2017 from Santander "The above debt is still outstanding. If you do not make payment a default will be recorded on your account. Please call us"
      Update March 2017 from Santander
      Notice of default sums. "We've charged for missed payments" + Balance transfer interest has been added to the total. "You have failed to make a minimum payment"

Letter from Santander. They're adding charges for non payment and adding interest now for the balance transfer

Comment

Letter from Santander. They're adding charges for non payment and adding interest now for the balance transfer

Do you think I should reply back with something now? Thanks guys

Comment

Once they default then the charges will stop. You could confuse/delay them by sending a missing PTs letter. Not sure what anyone else would suggest. Pixie is your best bet to ask.

Comment

Debt 6
            These two letters seem to indicate they have closed the account.
            Others might have other suggestions, but if it was me I wouldn't reply or have contact again with Santander.

Comment

Hi Roger

I disagree - it seems to me they are saying pay the arrears (ie overdue payments on the DMP), or else you will become immediately liable to pay the entire amount owing.

But I don't think they have closed the account (yet).

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                Hi Roger
                I disagree - it seems to me they are saying pay the arrears (ie overdue payments on the DMP), or else you will become immediately liable to pay the entire amount owing.
                But I don't think they have closed the account (yet).
                I would simply take them at their words this clearly says "..we now need you to clear the full balance outstanding of £x,xxx. Please make a payment by ringing us on xxxxxxxx"
                Without knowing the terms on the agreement I wouldn't know about other charges etc.. But the FULL BALANCE OUTSTANDING has been called for and this isn't the arrears or normal payments.

Others might have other suggestions, but if it was me I wouldn't reply or have contact again with Santander.

Comment

If an account goes into default (ie repayments are not kept up) they are entitled to demand repayment of the full alleged debt. However they have since added further charges and interest, which suggests that the account has not been closed off.

Comment

With respect to the Santander account how would I know if it's been closed? Thanks for your input by the way

Comment

It would be closed when its defaulted. Barclaycard added a couple of months of interest onto mine before they sold it, but mine was UE, do I sent SWID (in December) and haven't heard anything since. I'd also had a threatening letter from Howard Cohen so I sent them and LBA, but probably didn't need to do that as Robinson Way put the account on hold.

Comment

With respect to the Santander account how would I know if it's been closed? Thanks for your input by the way
                        Just keep ALL correspondence (with envelopes if possible) together.
                        We obviously don't know the actual terms of the Agreement all we know is that Santander called for the full outstanding balance in February.

Niddy has looked at the s.78 and there is nothing to be gained with further correspondence with Santander at this moment.
                        Seems to me that silence is the better approach at this time.

Others may have different opinions.
                        Last edited by Roger; 26 March 2017, 21:10. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          Just keep ALL correspondence (with envelopes if possible) together.
                          We obviously don't know the actual terms of the Agreement all we know is that Santander called for the full outstanding balance in February.

Niddy has looked at the s.78 and there is nothing to be gained with further correspondence with Santander at this moment.
                          Seems to me that silence is the better approach at this time.

Others may have different opinions.
                          Thanks Roger seems like a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                            It would be closed when its defaulted. Barclaycard added a couple of months of interest onto mine before they sold it, but mine was UE, do I sent SWID (in December) and haven't heard anything since. I'd also had a threatening letter from Howard Cohen so I sent them and LBA, but probably didn't need to do that as Robinson Way put the account on hold.
                            Thank you. I don't think it's defaulted yet but by the looks of things probably will soon. Will sit tight for now.

Comment

Debt 2
                              Type: Credit Card (Barclaycard)
                              Start Date: 2005
                              Balance: 800
                              Account Owner: PRA Group UK
                              Key:
                              sent
                              received
                              other information

Start of Diary:
                              11 Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
                              Apr 2017 Letter From PRA Group
                              "Could you settle your account?", "You can pay by installments or make a one off discounted payment" (discounted by 10%)

PRA have finally contacted me. I don't think I'll take up their offer

Comment

Debt 5
                                Type: Credit Card (M&S)
                                Balance: 2k
                                Account Owner: M&S
                                Key:
                                sent
                                received
                                other information

Start of Diary:
                                11 Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
                                4 December 2016 Received letter from M&S Credit Card "we've been trying to contact you" and "We can give you a 40% reduction if you pay us a full and final settlement amount
                                5 Jan 2017 from M&S "we've now asked Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd to take responsibility for your account"
                                8 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "Your account has been passed to us. Please contact us to pay"
                                24 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "We've been unable to make contact with you"
                                8 Feb 2017 from Moorcroft "Monthly installment offer. Please call if you wish to take advantage of the offer"
                                Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Moorcroft
                                Update Feb '17: Letter received from Moorcroft "We have requested the relevant documentation from our client and will forward it to you when it is received", "We must also stress that we are not seeking to enforce an agreement and have only asked that payment is made towards a debt that is outstanding by way of an affordable payment plan"
                                Update March 2017 from M&S They have sent me a credit agreement. Will send to Niddy
                                This one is
                                Update March 2017 from Moorcroft 'As we have complied with your request we will commence collection methods in 2 weeks"
                                Update March 2017 from Moorcroft "We haven't been able to make contact with you so will continue with debt collection. This may include us or another agency writing to you"
                                Update Apr 2017 from Moorcroft "monthly Installment Offer"
                                Monthly installment offer received from Moorcroft. No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X