GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script sebaab's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sebaab's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sebaab's diary

I think 100% is worth considering x
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Firstly, apologies for my absence and not filling out my diary. I won't give excuses but will say that I have been out today and bought suspension files and have been through and recorded everything and now updated my diary to reflect this. I am committed to keeping it up to date from now on!

I have been surprised at the lack of post seeing as I haven't paid any creditors since September. I have been putting the money away though just in case. The debt that I do need advice on urgently please is debt 4 where they are talking about court action. Most of the entries have updates so do please look through the entries in red text and do please advise my next steps. When do I send a CCA request? Thank you so much

Comment

Hi

have you sent CCA requests off for the debts?

Comment

No I haven't. Not for any of them

Comment

That's something that needs to be done asap. By recorded delivery with the £1 fee. Template is in the templates section. You may need to send an LBA to the solicitor that sent you the threatening letter.

when you update your thread, you should reply with quotes do the update shows up otherwise we have to go back to the first page to view it.

Comment

OK I will do that from now on. I will send CCA requests now also. The threatening letter wasn't from a solicitor. It was from the debt recovery company

Comment

Originally posted by sebaab View Post
                OK I will do that from now on. I will send CCA requests now also. The threatening letter wasn't from a solicitor. It was from the debt recovery company
                You should immediately send PRA a LBA . They issue Claims in their own Right.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                  You should immediately send PRA a LBA . They issue Claims in their own Right.

Thanks I'll get that done Roger

- - - Updated - - -

Do I send CCA requests to the original creditor or debt company dealing with the account?

Comment

Thanks I'll get that done Roger

- - - Updated - - -

Do I send CCA requests to the original creditor or debt company dealing with the account?
                    To the company managing the account.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                      To the company managing the account.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi all, regarding the CCA request - do I sign it with a pen or digitally sign it? Also, regarding the LBA I need to send to PRA - do I send them a CCA request too? thanks in advance, Sebaab

Comment

Ideally don't use your normal signature.

Send a cca if not already, to PRA, yes indeed. no need for LBA - purely as you've never done a CCA yet. So do a CCA asap. Just the CCA & £1 fee.

* Ordinarily i'd say send a LBA as Roger advised but there's no CCA so right now they probs think you're just not paying. Do the CCA but keep any LBA for post s.78 request threats.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Debt 4
                            Type: Credit Card
                            Start Date: 2008
                            Balance: 5.2k
                            Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
                            Paying by: arrangement
                            Account Owner: PRA Group UK
                            Key:
                            sent
                            received
                            other information

Start of Diary:
                            11 Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
                            20 Jan 2016 from PRA Group "Your account is being managed by our investigations and Litigation Department to look at your outstanding debt for possible litigation recovery." "If we do not hear from you within 14 days we will move to the next stage"

8 Feb 2016 from PRA Group "This is a letter before claim as required by the Practice on Pre-Action Protocols, to give you notice of PRA Group's intention to issue court proceedings against you" Gives details of the "written agreement" that I entered into.

Update from PRA

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Ideally don't use your normal signature.

Send a cca if not already, to PRA, yes indeed. no need for LBA - purely as you've never done a CCA yet. So do a CCA asap. Just the CCA & £1 fee.

* Ordinarily i'd say send a LBA as Roger advised but there's no CCA so right now they probs think you're just not paying. Do the CCA but keep any LBA for post s.78 request threats.
                              Thanks Niddy I will sign with a squiggle. The CCAs will be sent today recorded delivery. I'll update once done.

Comment

Update from PRA
                                Send CCA asap - today.

Yea they may issue a claim but to do so when in default of your s.78 request is a mistake so send CCA as soon as possible - sign it to avoid delay / a claim.
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X