GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script sebaab's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sebaab's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sebaab's diary

Originally posted by sebaab View Post
    Debt 5
    Type: Credit Card (M&S)
    Start Date: 2006
    Balance: 2k
    Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
    Paying by: not paying
    Account Owner: M&S
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:
    11 Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
    4 December 2016 Received letter from M&S Credit Card "we've been trying to contact you" and "We can give you a 40% reduction if you pay us a full and final settlement amount
    5 Jan 2017 from M&S "we've now asked Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd to take responsibility for your account"
    8 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "Your account has been passed to us. Please contact us to pay"
    24 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "We've been unable to make contact with you"
    8 Feb 2017 from Moorcroft "Monthly installment offer. Please call if you wish to take advantage of the offer"
    Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Moorcroft
    Update Feb '17: Letter received from Moorcroft "We have requested the relevant documentation from our client and will forward it to you when it is received", "We must also stress that we are not seeking to enforce an agreement and have only asked that payment is made towards a debt that is outstanding by way of an affordable payment plan"
    Update March 2017 from M&S They have sent me a credit agreement. Will send to Niddy
    This one is
    Update March 2017 from Moorcroft 'As we have complied with your request we will commence collection methods in 2 weeks"
    Letter received from Moorcroft. I will await further correspondence

Comment

Let us know when they send anything xx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
        Let us know when they send anything xx

I will prob won't hear anything for a few weeks now

Comment

Relax drink beer x

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Did you send anything back to Moorcroft when you received the cca? It's a good idea to send one of the replies as if it's UE
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              Did you send anything back to Moorcroft when you received the cca? It's a good idea to send one of the replies as if it's UE
              Is it? Makes sense I guess. I was going to wait until their next letter. What reply do you suggest? and thanks

Comment

I agree with Pixie. The CCA's for a couple of my alleged debts were deemed enforceable by Niddy. However, I have managed to blag them as UE, using the templates, for 3.5 years until they were sold on.

When the new debt purchaser started chasing, I issued new CCA requests. That was about 5 months ago, and they are still awaiting documentation from the originating creditor.

(Edit; Although waiting for another chasing letter before replying could be a good idea too. Especially as that could be in a couple of weeks. )
                Last edited by Still Waving; 8 March 2017, 17:23.

Comment

Debt 1

Type: Credit Card (Barclaycard) (Formerly Egg Card)
                  Start Date: 1999
                  Balance: 4.5k
                  Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
                  Account Owner: Link Financial Outsourcing
                  Key:
                  sent
                  received
                  other information

Start of Diary:
                  21 Oct 2016 from Asset Link Capital "we have assigned Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd to service your account. Please continue with your regular payments"
                  Feb 2017 CCA request sent
                  Update Feb '17 Letter from Link Financial "You've requested documents under section 77/88", "We purchased your debt from Barclaycard in Sept 2016", "We've requested the documents", "Can take up to 30 days"
                  Update March 2017 Letter from Link Financial "With reference to your section 77/78 request the original creditor has confirmed that they are unable to fulfill this. Although the agreement is unenforceable the account balance remains collectable"

Letter from Link saying this is unenforceable

Comment

Fantastic result , keep that letter very very safe. Congratulations ,love good news me .1 down xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

That's great news. Keep that letter safe just in case ......... If only every CCA request resulted in the same letter!

Comment

Congratulations, thats a lovely letter to receive
                        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Brilliant news

Comment

Great - you must be chuffed.

Comment

Thank you everyone I am well chuffed and I will keep the letter very safe. I feel very lucky to have found AAD when I did

Comment

Debt 5
                                Type: Credit Card (M&S)
                                Start Date: 2006
                                Balance: 2k
                                Account Owner: M&S
                                Key:
                                sent
                                received
                                other information

Start of Diary:
                                4 December 2016 Received letter from M&S Credit Card "we've been trying to contact you" and "We can give you a 40% reduction if you pay us a full and final settlement amount
                                5 Jan 2017 from M&S "we've now asked Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd to take responsibility for your account"
                                8 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "Your account has been passed to us. Please contact us to pay"
                                24 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "We've been unable to make contact with you"
                                8 Feb 2017 from Moorcroft "Monthly installment offer. Please call if you wish to take advantage of the offer"
                                Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Moorcroft
                                Update Feb '17: Letter received from Moorcroft "We have requested the relevant documentation from our client and will forward it to you when it is received", "We must also stress that we are not seeking to enforce an agreement and have only asked that payment is made towards a debt that is outstanding by way of an affordable payment plan"
                                Update March 2017 from M&S They have sent me a credit agreement. Will send to Niddy
                                This one is
                                Update March 2017 from Moorcroft 'As we have complied with your request we will commence collection methods in 2 weeks"
                                Update March 2017 from Moorcroft "We haven't been able to make contact with you so will continue with debt collection. This may include us or another agency writing to you"
                                Update from Moorcroft. Standard letter saying they will send more letters if I don't contact them. Ignoring for now

Comment

Working...
                                X