GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script FiscalFool's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FiscalFool's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FiscalFool's UE Diary - and General Journal!

Update :

Cabot sent me a letter with some general shite in it. However the incompetent fools have included a letter sent to someone else nearby(ish) ... with all his address, account details, amount owing and quite a threatening letter! Fools!
    "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Hang onto that other persons letter............you never know......I remember Phoenix getting someone else's details and Niddy used the fact that they had sent it to the wrong person in a letter that he wrote back to them.(or something along those lines). I'm sure Niddy will have something to say about it.!!lol

Comment

Egg Prudential - Egg Credit Card

14/02/2011 CCA Request Received, sent on 10th February. There's 6 pages of agreement then pages printed from Internet Explorer with terms and conditions, then another agreement with my latest address on.

Which bits does Lord Nid need? Else I'm going to be scanning 50 odd pages.

Comment

Ok, I'm busy changing address details of those I need to. Rather than change something I shouldn't, these are the ones Im changing:

I AM changing:
          Council Tax
          Driving License
          Car V5
          Car Insurance
          Employer
          TV License

I am NOT changing:
          BT
          First:Utility - Electricty
          Oil Supplier
          Broadband supplier
          House Insurance - Going to cancel and start new one for new property
          Mortgage for rental place
          Mobile Phone contract

AM I ok to change?:
          Water Supplier
          Insurance for Rental Place?
          Letting Agent for Rental Place?
          Pet Insurance?
          PayPal
          iTunes etc
          Fitness equipment rental - Direct Debit agreement

Postal Redirection sorted ... for others following this thread, if you do your postal redirection online, the RoyalMail helpfully offer to inform other organisations of your new address ... UNTICKED!!!
          Last edited by fiscalfool; 14 February 2011, 15:21.

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
            Update :

Cabot sent me a letter with some general shite in it. However the incompetent fools have included a letter sent to someone else nearby(ish) ... with all his address, account details, amount owing and quite a threatening letter! Fools!
            Hang on to it - do not mention it again, but keep it handy cos we'll probably need that at a later date (bargaining tool if they try and take you to court - you then throw this in their faces, when they tell the judge that they are good at paperwork and that they believe they followed due process).... Muppets!

Please remember to see this thread here: ---> Uploading Documents
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Egg Prudential - Egg Credit Card

14/02/2011 CCA Request Received, sent on 10th February. There's 6 pages of agreement then pages printed from Internet Explorer with terms and conditions, then another agreement with my latest address on.

Which bits does Lord Nid need? Else I'm going to be scanning 50 odd pages.
              Just upload onto the new section - see link below....

I only need to agreements at this stage..... no terms are necessary.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok, I'm busy changing address details of those I need to. Rather than change something I shouldn't, these are the ones Im changing:

I AM changing:
                Council Tax -- Ok
                Driving License -- Ok
                Car V5 -- Ok
                Car Insurance -- Ok
                Employer -- Ok
                TV License -- Ok

I am NOT changing:
                BT -- Ok Good!
                First:Utility - Electricty -- Ok Good!
                Oil Supplier -- Ok Good!
                Broadband supplier -- Ok Good!
                House Insurance - Going to cancel and start new one for new property -- Ok Good!
                Mortgage for rental place -- Ok Good, use mail divert for this!
                Mobile Phone contract -- Ok Good, use mail divert for this!

AM I ok to change?:
                Water Supplier -- Yes, but why? You just ring the new one when you move - no need to "change" per, se...?
                Insurance for Rental Place? -- Yes, however see note below
                Letting Agent for Rental Place? -- Yep, no probs here.
                Pet Insurance? -- Yes, however see note below
                PayPal -- No probs
                iTunes etc -- No probs
                Fitness equipment rental - Direct Debit agreement -- No probs

Postal Redirection sorted ... for others following this thread, if you do your postal redirection online, the RoyalMail helpfully offer to inform other organisations of your new address ... UNTICKED!!!
                See responses in red above....

Note: Insurance, ok you need to know that if you change addresses then you WILL be credit searched as an (unrecorded enquiry) at renewal because it is a credit agreement unless you pay the premium in full. I presume you pay monthly, in which case move them all over asap cos they will not create a link, (clever eh) - instead, it'll just continue with a new link to the new address ONLY.....

Bear in mind, only the insurance can catch you - but don't worry too much cos if you start to get letters from other creditors, you need to NOT open them and send back as "unknown"...

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  See responses in red above....

Note: Insurance, ok you need to know that if you change addresses then you WILL be credit searched as an (unrecorded enquiry) at renewal because it is a credit agreement unless you pay the premium in full. I presume you pay monthly, in which case move them all over asap cos they will not create a link, (clever eh) - instead, it'll just continue with a new link to the new address ONLY.....

Bear in mind, only the insurance can catch you - but don't worry too much cos if you start to get letters from other creditors, you need to NOT open them and send back as "unknown"...

Wonderful, thank you.

Ok, Insurance I shall sort straight away. Out of interest, when the insurances are due for renewal, should I worry about the credit check at that point if I go for monthly insurance?

Re: Water Supplier, same area ... so I wasn't sure if they just wanted to "move" my account rather than setup a new one. I'll try for the latter.

Thanks again, I'll scan and upload my credit agreement now.
                  Last edited by fiscalfool; 15 February 2011, 09:49.

Comment

Ok Folks, I need some advice:

Recommendations for the following, who do not perform credit checks:

GAS
                    Elec
                    (or combined)

Strangely just called my old elec supplier to cancel and she wont let me cancel until I've moved out. then they want new occupants details and my forwarding address!!!

I don't think they will be getting the latter!

Cheeky Car insurance, it went up a month ago when I renewed. Now I've come to change address, they've stuck another 50% on top!!! yeow!
                    Last edited by fiscalfool; 15 February 2011, 12:19.

Comment

Lord Nidster .... CCA uploaded for your viewing pleasure

Comment

Car Insurance Update:

It seems that my insurance renewal in January was at a slightly higher priced time of month. It's gone up slightly now.

Therefore to change address, means I still suffer consequences.

Current location:
                        £99 deposit in January
                        10 payments of £49.

Change location, and it ups the payment to:
                        9 remaining payments at £70 a month!

OR
                        New online quote:
                        £115 deposit now
                        10 payments at £58 a month

If I were to cancel existing, it's £35 refund!

Grrr ... Over-a-barrel !

Out of stubbornness I'm tempted to cancel on Monday when the house proceeds go through and pay in full for the year to the cheapest provider.

Comment

I would do just that.....Pay in full and then budget for next years insurance.

Wish I had been this clever in dealing with money when I had some.!!

Comment

Wonderful, thank you.

Ok, Insurance I shall sort straight away. Out of interest, when the insurances are due for renewal, should I worry about the credit check at that point if I go for monthly insurance?
                            No, no need to worry cos they will just perform an unrecorded enquiry and NOT link you. If you changed insurers then they would link you - so don't worry too much about this...

Re: Water Supplier, same area ... so I wasn't sure if they just wanted to "move" my account rather than setup a new one. I'll try for the latter.
                            Usually you just ring and say you're moving, and provide the final reading from the water meter (if applicable).... Then when you move into new house you ring and get a new account.. Remember the customer number, for water customers, is actually the meter number as well so usually you change accounts and get a new one for each address....

Thanks again, I'll scan and upload my credit agreement now.
                            Cheers mate - only one?

Comment

Car Insurance Update:

It seems that my insurance renewal in January was at a slightly higher priced time of month. It's gone up slightly now.

Therefore to change address, means I still suffer consequences.

Current location:
                              £99 deposit in January
                              10 payments of £49.

Change location, and it ups the payment to:
                              9 remaining payments at £70 a month!

OR
                              New online quote:
                              £115 deposit now
                              10 payments at £58 a month

If I were to cancel existing, it's £35 refund!

Grrr ... Over-a-barrel !

Out of stubbornness I'm tempted to cancel on Monday when the house proceeds go through and pay in full for the year to the cheapest provider.
                              I use MoreThan cos they give free contents when you take buildings (obv no use for rented) - so I pay about £370 for the year for both - until I need to claim on free contents - then i'll have to pay it again.... however, it is good deal right now!

There are a lot of good deals and cashback deals if you shop around properly..... Paying in full for the year also helps, well it'll save you what 7% or whatever they charge for monthly premiums - but you could haggle if you ring around!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                I use MoreThan cos they give free contents when you take buildings (obv no use for rented) - so I pay about £370 for the year for both - until I need to claim on free contents - then i'll have to pay it again.... however, it is good deal right now!

There are a lot of good deals and cashback deals if you shop around properly..... Paying in full for the year also helps, well it'll save you what 7% or whatever they charge for monthly premiums - but you could haggle if you ring around!
                                Contents insurance for Cars? lol

I had to reword it as I typed it, as it was misleading talking about change of address.

Ok .. did the uploaded CCA come through OK? I realise you've probably been too busy to check it.

Comment

Working...
                                X