GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script FiscalFool's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FiscalFool's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FiscalFool's UE Diary

s.77 personal loan, certainly not HP. they have no hold over the car. Wish they did though!
    "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
      s.77 personal loan, certainly not HP. they have no hold over the car. Wish they did though!
      Then it is NOT secured against the car which is a bummer, in your circs..... Is the car still running lol
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Absolute bummer in my case.

Car finance is £370 approx a month.

£92 a shot to fill it up, and lasts a week ... just about.
        Had a new tyre yesterday £115.
        Taxed this month £250 for 6 months.

If I could ditch the car, and get anything reasonable back for it, then I would. But outstanding is £13k, the last valuation by a dealer offered me £6.5k.

BUT .. if I ditched the car and went for something provided through work, I'd get:
        Car
        Insurance
        Tax
        (no MOT as brand new)
        Tyres
        Servicing
        etc ... all provided for just one payment each month. Yes, I'd have to get an eco car, for lower company car tax.

But I worked out that on fuel alone if I paid exactly the same and had a car doing 48 mpg, then I'd save over £2k a year. Then add on Road Tax, MOT, Tyres, Servicing etc. Even with increased PAYE tax, I'd still be much better off.

Comment

You've answered it yourself then, sell it for £6.5k and then get a company one! Surely £6.5k in your bank is better than nothing...? Ditch the fuel guzzler and get an eco-friendly one mate!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm now all settled in the new house. Finally got around to sorting out my paperwork! Hope Niddy enjoyed his holiday, because I'm sure I'm going to stress him out

Abbey PLC - Cahoot Fixed Rate Loan
            16/02/2011 Niddy says therefore send this back: ---> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
            25/03/2011 CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - SENT TODAY! (Just got straight after house move!)

Letter Sent today! Ooops!

Barclaycard - Platinum

08/02/2011 Received letter today from Barclaycard saying "We acknowledge that we have received your request under S.78. We will respond to you as soon as we can!"
            Still heard nothing back from them!!

Barclaycard - Premier

28/02/2011 Letter from Barclaycard - not quite my CCA, and also copies of "Barclays Premier Credit Card Conditions"
            25/03/2011 Scanned and sent the above CCA letter to Niddy!
            I've uploaded this letter can you take a peek and let me know what you think? Also I guess I need to rebutt Cabot who now have the account with "Sold while under dispute letter" ????

Egg Prudential - Egg Credit Card

22/02/2011 Niddy said
            22/02/2011 Niddy suggested --->
            CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms and trying to blag it.
            25/03/2011 Sent CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
            Sent letter today - ooops!

Santander - Personal Finance - Car

22/02/2011 Niddy says:
            22/02/2011 Niddy suggested not making token payments until they default me.
            25/03/2011 Been receiving a slew of letters to set-up my direct debit. Telling me that I am in Default, but not issued Default YET! Holding on tight and just ignoring them!
            Still getting letters of either "Ooops it looks like you need a direct debit form" or "Pay us now or we will default you!". Filing and ignoring for now.

Car update:
            Planning to clean the car and sell it and pocket the dosh and then get a very efficient green runaround through work. In the weeks since I posted that it was valued at £6.5k, it's now down to £5.2k! aaaargh!!!!!!!! I need some spare cash to get a cosmetic scratch removed and can then flog it.

Comment

good news on the house move Fiscal
              Niddy is on holiday but your're doing OK.
              Upload the stuff for Niddy and he'll have a look when he gets back.

Doesn't look as if there is anything to worry about, all routine.

Comment

Hi Dopey,

I noticed after I posted that he's still on hols! Not to worry, it can wait.

I'm pretty sure I need to send a CCA Missing Terms letter to Barclaycard Premier, based on the letter I received ... but for the sake of a few days, I'll wait

Comment

• Re: FiscalFool's UE Diary - and General Journal!

Santander - Personal Finance - Car

Type of account (credit card/loan) = Personal Finance Loan
                  Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) = March 2009
                  Approx balance = £15k, Redemption Figure of £13k
                  Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) = February 2011
                  Are you on arrangement or not paying = No, Paying full payment each month
                  Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) = DEFAULT
                  Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) = Santander

28/01/2011 Ready!
                  01/02/2011 CCA Request sent, 1st Class Recorded with Postal Order stapled inside.
                  17/02/2011 CCA Request Received, dated 16th Feb and sent back via Recorded post. Signed for it Uploaded for Niddy!
                  22/02/2011 Niddy says:
                  22/02/2011 Niddy suggested not making token payments until they default me.
                  25/03/2011 Been receiving a slew of letters to set-up my direct debit. Telling me that I am in Default, but not issued Default YET! Holding on tight and just ignoring them!
                  26/03/2011
                  DEFAULT Recevied in Post - Dated 16th March. Did they leave it on the side for two weeks before posting!?!

As posted above ... Default has now been received, as I haven't paid a penny in three months! What should I do now? Just wait for it to be passed to DCAs ?

Comment

Hi

If you still have it keep hold of the envelope. Niddy may need that for proof that they did indeed not post it straight away. Is there a post mark or frank on the envelope ?

MK
                    One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                    Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Still got the envelope, but absolutely nothing on it. Just the digital royalmail barcode, no franking. All done by TNT post.

Comment

I would still hang onto the envelope, perhaps the barcode can be traced through TNT and find out exactly when it was posted.

Comment

Hi Dopey,

I noticed after I posted that he's still on hols! Not to worry, it can wait.

I'm pretty sure I need to send a CCA Missing Terms letter to Barclaycard Premier, based on the letter I received ... but for the sake of a few days, I'll wait
                          Yep, send this off: ---> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

Comment

• Re: FiscalFool's UE Diary - and General Journal!

As posted above ... Default has now been received, as I haven't paid a penny in three months! What should I do now? Just wait for it to be passed to DCAs ?
                            Keep the envelope and also write on it the date received, don't worry too much about this right now - just ignore it but keep it all safe, especially the envelope!

Comment

Still got the envelope, but absolutely nothing on it. Just the digital royalmail barcode, no franking. All done by TNT post.
                              Yep, that's the proof you need.

If there aint 14 days then you my friend have a defective default notice which opens a huge can of worms, as per recent court cases suggest! Just ignore for the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                Yep, send this off: ---> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
                                Excellent thanks. Should I send the letter to Barclaycard or Cabot? Since Cabot are now dealing with?
                                (Ref Barclaycard - Premier)

Initially I sent the CCA to Cabot, who asked Barclaycard to dig it out. Do you suspect like I do, that Barclaycard have lost it? I signed the paperwork with my personal account manager during a house visit! He was never very efficient!

My Barclaycard Platinum, have never even bothered responding to my CCA request!

Comment

Working...
                                X