GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script FiscalFool's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FiscalFool's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FiscalFool's UE Diary - and General Journal!

Sorry Niddy, Didn't mean to get your back up. I really do appreciate the help and advice.

I guess what I'm saying is ... "At present I don't have all my creditors bashing down the door"

Granted, PayPlan are useless.

So questions:
    1) If I cancel DMP and we later realise that one of the cards is enforceable ... do I simply make an arrangement to pay with that lender directly rather than worry about PayPlan / CCCS? I see what you are saying now about "DMP would have to list all debt, and I cannot say 'Oh don't pay him, he's UE' ... it just wouldn't work".

2) If I do a runner and just disappear .. then what about:
    Baliffs or collection agents knocking on the door if/when the find where I am?
    Of course some of my current credit agreements will see my new address ... Mobile Phone, Bank account, Driving license info etc?
    Surely this info is available to the collection agents too?

I'm just very worried about doing something that will turn around and bite me in the ass! :P
    "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Ever felt like a day at the dentist extracting teeth is interesting....

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry Fiscal don't want to take up too much of your thread on other things

I am too going to be selling my house and will have to look to rent with 3 cats and a dog! and I KNOW i will fail a credit check - so I know I have an uphill struggle - but 6 months rent in advance or a guanator should help - that is the way I have to look at it and then finding a suitable property for the zoo.....

and me - I think I would suffer the month with the parents so I could keep the doglee.

Sorry I know you have lots of questions and it seems like there is so much to do, but once you get in your mind set that this is your way forward, sit back, relax and put your trust in Niddy.

Also as you can see there are many of us with questions and diaries that Nid has to sort (still think he has a time machine to get all this work done!!) so don't worry if you don't hear back from him immediately and there are also some old hands at this that can also help.

Just make sure in you own mind that UE is something you want to follow it. It is time consuming and you have to keep on top of paperwork (she says looking at the mound of green files piling up)

and lastly I know easier said than done, but with all you have going on, just try not to worry...........

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Its £50 that you do not have though, right?

I thought as much, so they have no control over the car in which case you classify this as a personal loan and NOT car finance!

Hmmm, did I already say that PayPlan are shyte? If not, you can gather my next response......

Why? It cannot get repo'd cos you OWN it - let me ask, who has possession of the V5? You? If so then you own that car 100% and can do what you want with it. Its YOURS!

Seems the easiest option all round, being you're selling up etc anyway!
          Damn right, it would be better spent paying off my enforceable debts.

Correct, Personal loan. No hold over the car.

Me, my V5

WHOA ... stop the car ... are you suggesting I stop paying for EVERYTHING, the ones that are UE and those that are Enforceable, including the Personal Loan for the car?
          (Dawn shines on marble skull!)

So ... errr ... other than a default for each debt, what else do I have to worry about ??? Plus if a lender did "find me" via whatever means, then surely they could then serve me with a court summons for Bankruptcy?! So say I defaulted, and it lasts for 6 years, then in the 5th year I was made bankrupt by a lender ... that would be 11 years of nothing. ?!

Sorry we seem to be crossing our posts!

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
            Sorry Niddy, Didn't mean to get your back up. I really do appreciate the help and advice.
            you're not getting my back up - its just stopping me answering other queries.....

I guess what I'm saying is ... "At present I don't have all my creditors bashing down the door"
            And that will continue to be the case, you're moving aren't you?

Granted, PayPlan are useless.
            At last - hallelujah!

So questions:
            1) If I cancel DMP and we later realise that one of the cards is enforceable ... do I simply make an arrangement to pay with that lender directly rather than worry about PayPlan / CCCS? I see what you are saying now about "DMP would have to list all debt, and I cannot say 'Oh don't pay him, he's UE' ... it just wouldn't work".
            You wait and i'll advise what to do and when to do it, right now there are loads of varying permutations - we can go on forever with if's and but's.... decide if you're doing this, yes or no!

2) If I do a runner and just disappear .. then what about:
            Baliffs or collection agents knocking on the door if/when the find where I am?
            No legal powers - as previously advised to you. You tell them to get lost, and the correct term would be doorstep collection agents - a bailiff is court appointed and this is civil, NOT criminal so no bailiffs can ever hassle you unless you get a CCJ - great, but still you won't be there will you so how will they find you...?

Of course some of my current credit agreements will see my new address ... Mobile Phone, Bank account, Driving license info etc?
            Surely this info is available to the collection agents too?
            Eh? When you go UE you CLOSE EVERYTHING! Why would you do this and try and keep credit...?

The logic is you close everything then move, then go get a new bank account unlinked to the current baks you owe to and get a basic (not credit scored) account. That's about the best you expect for the next 6yrs i'm afraid....

I'm just very worried about doing something that will turn around and bite me in the ass! :P
            You have me here though, that's the difference.... the banks, they don't!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

cig time - am head fried!

Comment

Ever felt like a day at the dentist extracting teeth is interesting....

LOL sorry bit stressed at present with all that's going on. Trying to understand before wildly jumping.

Teefs ... wot teefs?! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylooloo View Post
                  Sorry Fiscal don't want to take up too much of your thread on other things

I am too going to be selling my house and will have to look to rent with 3 cats and a dog! and I KNOW i will fail a credit check - so I know I have an uphill struggle - but 6 months rent in advance or a guanator should help - that is the way I have to look at it and then finding a suitable property for the zoo.....

and me - I think I would suffer the month with the parents so I could keep the doglee.

Sorry I know you have lots of questions and it seems like there is so much to do, but once you get in your mind set that this is your way forward, sit back, relax and put your trust in Niddy.

Also as you can see there are many of us with questions and diaries that Nid has to sort (still think he has a time machine to get all this work done!!) so don't worry if you don't hear back from him immediately and there are also some old hands at this that can also help.

Just make sure in you own mind that UE is something you want to follow it. It is time consuming and you have to keep on top of paperwork (she says looking at the mound of green files piling up)

and lastly I know easier said than done, but with all you have going on, just try not to worry...........
                  Thanks for the message.

I'm facing that one too ... Parents, get dad to be guarantor ... or spend a few months with them "saving".

Oh I do trust Niddy ... but also want to understand why things happen. Rather than "Oh so you got this advice off some bloke on the internet! "

I've learnt my lesson with regards to credit, but now desperately want to get back to a situation where I have some cash free every month to start saving. As I now see savings as a vehicle to pay for things in emergencies, not credit cards.

We were out shopping this weekend ... my new g/f wanted to do baking with the kids, and was buying all the different ingredients. I told her to put them back and suggested a packet mix. Kerchinng!

Comment

cig time - am head fried!
                    Whoops ... I've killed Niddy!

I'll reply to the post above!

Comment

you're not getting my back up - its just stopping me answering other queries.....
                      Oh yes, but we are creating one hell of a FAQ thread !!!
                      But sincerely, I don't want to take up all your time, I do appreciate all the help though.

And that will continue to be the case, you're moving aren't you?
                      How very true ... just scared of being tracked down. One small slip and knocking at the door!

At last - hallelujah!
                      I heard you holler then!!! :P

You wait and i'll advise what to do and when to do it, right now there are loads of varying permutations - we can go on forever with if's and but's.... decide if you're doing this, yes or no!
                      YES ... YES course I will.

No legal powers - as previously advised to you. You tell them to get lost, and the correct term would be doorstep collection agents - a bailiff is court appointed and this is civil, NOT criminal so no bailiffs can ever hassle you unless you get a CCJ - great, but still you won't be there will you so how will they find you...?
                      So I take it that, as long as it's JUST unsecured debt, and not council tax/income tax etc, then I won't have baliffs. The rest sent "doorstep collection agents"

Eh? When you go UE you CLOSE EVERYTHING! Why would you do this and try and keep credit...?
                      Ok, I hope you have some hair left ... because now I'm going to ask a daft question. I thought when you go UE, it's just the specific lenders that are not deemed to be enforceable. So I should keep paying the enforceable ones.

BUT

The logic is you close everything then move, then go get a new bank account unlinked to the current banks you owe to and get a basic (not credit scored) account. That's about the best you expect for the next 6yrs i'm afraid....
                      Well I have a new bank account with Co-Op, not linked to anyone that I owe money to. Its the cashminder with zero facilities. I'm happy with that. In fact I have 2 Cashminders and a savings account. House Bills, Spending money and Christmas saving fund.

Ok, what about other current credit agreements such as Mobile Phone, Internet, BT, Water, Gas, Elec? If I take the relocate without advising approach, they will all be wanting deposits before they connect me. Plus the first thing they will ask is address details for past 3 years.

Do I move with the utilities and just "forget" loans and credit cards?

You have me here though, that's the difference.... the banks, they don't!
                      Well I certainly hope you stay around for the next 6 years!!! I'm gonna need some help!

Are you suggesting moving, and then sending letters back to lenders saying "UE ... don't contact me". Or just ignoring them and hiding?!

I'm scared Niddy!!!

Comment

WHOA ... stop the car ... are you suggesting I stop paying for EVERYTHING, the ones that are UE and those that are Enforceable, including the Personal Loan for the car?
                        (Dawn shines on marble skull!)
                        How do you know which are UE and which are enforceable until you send off the CCA and receive the paperwork? Point is though, that is exactly what I am saying!

So ... errr ... other than a default for each debt, what else do I have to worry about ??? Plus if a lender did "find me" via whatever means, then surely they could then serve me with a court summons for Bankruptcy?! So say I defaulted, and it lasts for 6 years, then in the 5th year I was made bankrupt by a lender ... that would be 11 years of nothing. ?!
                        Nope, more chance of winning the lottery every week for a year than any lender getting a BR petition against you - they only go for CCJ's - your mail divert will alert you to this at which point i'd then sort you a reply to get rid of them/defend it.....

Comment

Right ... enough procrastinating from me .. I'll sort the CCA requests and we can ascertain where we are.

Ah ok, so just a CCJ instead of BR. But surely a CCJ will still screw me for another 6 years?! You honestly think it could be rebutted that easily? You must have some inside knowledge.

Should I mention now, that I have a second property ... which is mortgaged, with negative equity and a tenant in place.

If I have to cut all ties, then I've just been reading this:
                          http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ead.php?122045
                          and
                          http://www.freedebtadvice-uk.com/201...om-your-debts/

Comment

Thanks for the message.

I'm facing that one too ... Parents, get dad to be guarantor ... or spend a few months with them "saving".

Oh I do trust Niddy ... but also want to understand why things happen. Rather than "Oh so you got this advice off some bloke on the internet! "

I've learnt my lesson with regards to credit, but now desperately want to get back to a situation where I have some cash free every month to start saving. As I now see savings as a vehicle to pay for things in emergencies, not credit cards.

We were out shopping this weekend ... my new g/f wanted to do baking with the kids, and was buying all the different ingredients. I told her to put them back and suggested a packet mix. Kerchinng!
                            time to trust that geezer off the internet!! haha!

Comment

Oh yes, but we are creating one hell of a FAQ thread !!!

How very true ... just scared of being tracked down. One small slip and knocking at the door!
                              follow my advice, and nobody will ever find you - that I am certain of

So I take it that, as long as it's JUST unsecured debt, and not council tax/income tax etc, then I won't have baliffs. The rest sent "doorstep collection agents"
                              Ahhhh at last - you're getting there

Ok, I hope you have some hair left ... because now I'm going to ask a daft question. I thought when you go UE, it's just the specific lenders that are not deemed to be enforceable. So I should keep paying the enforceable ones.
                              Why? Nobody knows where you lives - doh!

BUT
                              Oh deary me.......

Well I have a new bank account with Co-Op, not linked to anyone that I owe money to. Its the cashminder with zero facilities. I'm happy with that. In fact I have 2 Cashminders and a savings account. House Bills, Spending money and Christmas saving fund.
                              Excellent - see, easy peasy!

Ok, what about other current credit agreements such as Mobile Phone, Internet, BT, Water, Gas, Elec? If I take the relocate without advising approach, they will all be wanting deposits before they connect me. Plus the first thing they will ask is address details for past 3 years.
                              Sorry if this sounds harsh, didn't you just say two minutes ago that you do not have anywhere to go to....? Then please explain how you will have a landline, water, gas, electric...?

Anyway, without sounding too cheeky - if you move with your gf then you explain all this to her and ask her to get in her name - two things, DO NOT use British Gas or BT as both do credit search you. As do Virgin/Telewest so no matter what you cannot apply for these until at least 3yrs from the date you move (approx)...

Do I move with the utilities and just "forget" loans and credit cards?
                              See above - huge mistake to do that. If in arrears, then as I said earlier you use mail divert and then you can pay the bills for the old address without them knowing the new address....

Well I certainly hope you stay around for the next 6 years!!! I'm gonna need some help!
                              I built this baby, I aint gonna do a runner now am I?

Are you suggesting moving, and then sending letters back to lenders saying "UE ... don't contact me". Or just ignoring them and hiding?!
                              Nope, we've not got that far yet - there are letters that we send, however we blag the enforceable ones as well and treat them as UE until we get something more solid to go with, ie your job/finances etc etc.... at this stage it is too early to go into details....

I'm scared Niddy!!!
                              No need to be.... those that have had court action taken, will also find i'll help them defend it - have a word with a mod and take a look into the hidden legal thread for an idea of what we do when things hit the fan - put simply, we kick arse and play dirty beggars back at the banks....

Comment

Right ... enough procrastinating from me .. I'll sort the CCA requests and we can ascertain where we are.

Ah ok, so just a CCJ instead of BR. But surely a CCJ will still screw me for another 6 years?! You honestly think it could be rebutted that easily? You must have some inside knowledge.

Should I mention now, that I have a second property ... which is mortgaged, with negative equity and a tenant in place.

If I have to cut all ties, then I've just been reading this:
                                http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ead.php?122045
                                and
                                http://www.freedebtadvice-uk.com/201...om-your-debts/
                                Jesus, no wonder you're confused reading that nonsense over at CAG

Limitations Act will be fine, avoid it for 6yrs and it will be statute barred.

As for the second property - lol. Well thanks for that little gem - talk about throwing a spanner in the works! Are you selling? The fact you have this also means you'll be treated worse in court if it ever got that far - ie skint but own two houses?

How much neg equity are you in...?

Comment

Working...
                                X