GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script FiscalFool's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FiscalFool's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FiscalFool's UE Diary

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
    Ah because it is enforceable.

I just want the DCA to understand that I'd been in discussions with Santander, and that I don't want doorstep visitors. (Not that they have the correct address anyway!)
    DOH!

That helps lol, its a blagger - sorry mate, missed that

Yep, just use similar wording within that template to stop the visit, and add a bit about whatever you want to, regards to the discussions....

best of luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm just in a fighting mood. Quite happy to tell them to jog on.

I've been in discussion with Santander, and until I have completed those discussions I'd rather not deal with any other muppets!

I guess I really should offer Santander a token payment though.

I'm nicking bits of other letters to say:
      Account Sold.
      No Doorstep Visits
      No harassing me at work, or I'll sue you!

Plus bits about Santander not having a financial interest in the vehicle.

Also that I'd agreed with Santander that I'm applying for a Time Order, and will make a payment as soon as I sell the car privately.
      "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

I'm just in a fighting mood. Quite happy to tell them to jog on.

I've been in discussion with Santander, and until I have completed those discussions I'd rather not deal with any other muppets!

I guess I really should offer Santander a token payment though.

I'm nicking bits of other letters to say:
        Account Sold.
        No Doorstep Visits
        No harassing me at work, or I'll sue you!

Plus bits about Santander not having a financial interest in the vehicle.

Also that I'd agreed with Santander that I'm applying for a Time Order, and will make a payment as soon as I sell the car privately.
        Nice one, way to do it really
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nid, any chance I can PM the letter to you before I send it for a sense check?

Comment

Nid, any chance I can PM the letter to you before I send it for a sense check?
            Course

Comment

Cheers dude .. sent

Comment

Cheers dude .. sent
                Looks good, keep us updated

Comment

Well the debt collection agency for the previous tenant, who is desperately trying to seek my Landlords contact details have now sent a "doorstep visit" card.

I've used an anonymous email account and used the "No doorstep visits template", but also told them that I have forwarded their letters to my letting agency (which I haven't done), and that due to data protection, I am not willing to divulge my letting agent details!

Tee hee.

Comment

General update:

Not heard anything back from Santander or the DCA which they engaged with relation to the car.

Santander have however finally responded to my last letter concerning my Cahoot account. They now deem it to be enforceable ... I'll scan/upload, and post details shortly!

Comment

• Re: FiscalFool's UE Diary - and General Journal!

Abbey PLC - Cahoot Fixed Rate Loan

Type of account (credit card/loan) = Flexible Loan
                      Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) = August 2004
                      Approx balance = £15k (and rising, thanks to 16% interest!)
                      Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) = January 2010
                      Are you on arrangement or not paying = DMP Arrangement
                      Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) = Account in arrears, but up to date with arranged payments!
                      Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) = Lender, Santander.

28/01/2011 I have found my copy of credit agreement if you wish to inspect that.
                      28/01/2011 Ready!
                      01/02/2011 CCA Request sent, 1st Class Recorded with Postal Order stapled inside.
                      16/02/2011 CCA Request received, uploaded for Niddy.
                      16/02/2011 Niddy says therefore send this back: ---> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
                      25/03/2011 CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - SENT TODAY! (Just got straight after house move!)
                      08/04/2011 Letter received from Santander - I assume it's in response to the above. Random reference number, and no mention of my account! Uploading
                      15/04/2011 DMP cancelled - Let the barrage of letters begin!
                      *** Other letters received saying "sorry for delay we are still looking into your complaint" (I guess it's from the CCA Query letter). Nothing of note. ***
                      15/06/2011 Letter received from Santander (dated 7th June) - Saying "Start paying us now"! Won't upload unless needed.
                      15/06/2011 Letter received from Santander (dated 9th June) - Finally a response to the CCA Request. Interestingly despite the letter being dated 9th June 2011, one attachment was dated 13th June! Uploading
                      17/06/2011 YELLOW Letter received from Santander (not dated) - Saying urgent give us a call on this number. I didn't!
                      17/06/2011 Santander called me on my work mobile. I agreed to call them back. They removed my work mobile from their contact sheet, and replaced it with my personal number. (was a bit slow, should have given my "free sim" number, as I never answer that one! She asked me to start making payments. I explained I'm still in dispute with it, she was fine

Nid, the important bit to look at here is 15th June entry, and I've uploaded the docs for your perusal.

When I spoke to the Collections lady on 17th June, I was polite but still firm. I advised that I was still in dispute of the agreement and would be sending another letter. I asked for no further telephone contact, and to correspond via letters. She said that they were still allowed to call me and would still do so. Fair enough!

She was quite happy with the "still in dispute" argument and didn't push.

I did ask her why every single letter I received from Santander collections department was dated 7-10 days prior to the date at which I received the letter? She said "Ummm, errrr, oh it must be a problem with our postal department!".

It wasn't until after the call that I noticed that an attachment in the letter was faxed, and the fax was dated 13th June!!! Sneaky Santander!!!!!!

Anyway, docs uploaded for your delight and perusal!

Comment

Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) = Account in arrears, but up to date with arranged payments!

28/01/2011 I have found my copy of credit agreement if you wish to inspect that.
                        28/01/2011 Ready!
                        01/02/2011 CCA Request sent, 1st Class Recorded with Postal Order stapled inside.
                        16/02/2011 Niddy says therefore send this back: ---> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
                        25/03/2011 CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms - SENT TODAY! (Just got straight after house move!)
                        08/04/2011 Letter received from Santander - I assume it's in response to the above. Random reference number, and no mention of my account! Uploading
                        *** Other letters received saying "sorry for delay we are still looking into your complaint" (I guess it's from the CCA Query letter). Nothing of note. ***
                        15/06/2011 Letter received from Santander (dated 7th June) - Saying "Start paying us now"! Won't upload unless needed.
                        15/06/2011 Letter received from Santander (dated 9th June) - Finally a response to the CCA Request. Interestingly despite the letter being dated 9th June 2011, one attachment was dated 13th June! Uploading
                        17/06/2011 YELLOW Letter received from Santander (not dated) - Saying urgent give us a call on this number. I didn't!
                        17/06/2011 Santander called me on my work mobile. I agreed to call them back. They removed my work mobile from their contact sheet, and replaced it with my personal number. (was a bit slow, should have given my "free sim" number, as I never answer that one! She asked me to start making payments. I explained I'm still in dispute with it, she was fine

Ive already stated this was UE ages ago - nothing has changed other than they have sent another copy of an unsigned document that does not relate to anything, it has a hand written name and address and could have been added by anyone.

I would respond to Santander with this: CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status

* Bear in mind these templates are new so will not be the same as previous ones you have sent!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Ive already stated this was UE ages ago - nothing has changed other than they have sent another copy of an unsigned document that does not relate to anything, it has a hand written name and address and could have been added by anyone.
                          Additionally the address is that that I'm currently registered at, not the address I took the Cahoot Loan out at!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          I would respond to Santander with this: CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status

* Bear in mind these templates are new so will not be the same as previous ones you have sent!
                          Cheers ... letter in post later today.

:niddy

Comment

Santander - Personal Finance - Car

Type of account (credit card/loan) = Personal Finance Loan
                            Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) = March 2009
                            Approx balance = £15k, Redemption Figure of £13k
                            Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) = February 2011
                            Are you on arrangement or not paying = No, Paying full payment each month
                            Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) = Up to date
                            Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) = Santander

28/01/2011 Ready!
                            17/02/2011 CCA Request Received, dated 16th Feb and sent back via Recorded post. Signed for it Uploaded for Niddy!
                            22/02/2011 Niddy says:
                            22/02/2011 Niddy suggested not making token payments until they default me.
                            25/03/2011 Been receiving a slew of letters to set-up my direct debit. Telling me that I am in Default, but not issued Default YET! Holding on tight and just ignoring them!
                            26/03/2011
                            DEFAULT Recevied in Post - Dated 16th March. Did they leave it on the side for two weeks before posting!?!
                            19/04/2011 External Collection Action Notice - Recevied in Post - Dated 14th April. Received between 18-20th April while I was away on business. - Uploaded
                            19/04/2011 TERMINATION Notice - Recevied in Post - Letter Undated. Received between 18-20th April while I was away on business. - Uploaded
                            21/04/2011 48 Hour Notice - Recevied in Post from "CodeRED" Collections - Letter Dated 17th April. Uploaded
                            28/04/2011 Uploading Finance Agreement for Niddy to review!
                            28/04/2011 Niddy said "Bl**dy hell - This is more complicated than thought. Seek advice from my colleague <name omitted>
                            13/05/2011 Letter - Recevied in Post from "CodeRED" Collections - Letter Dated 24th April. (seems it takes them a week to process their post! Uploaded
                            14/05/2011 Letter - Recevied in Post from "CodeRED" Collections - Letter Dated 28th April. Passing back to Santander for Legal Action Uploaded
                            16/05/2011[COLOR=#0000ff] Following conversation with Paul, have spoke to Santdander and they have removed Finance Marker ... so I can now sell the car, and be able to offer Santander a regular payment. To be arranged shortly! Santander confirmed that they would not sell my debt to a DCA.
                            19/05/2011 Letter - Recevied in Post from "Anglia" Collections.
                            25/05/2011 Letter - Recevied in Post from "Anglia" Collections.
                            27/05/2011 Sent Anglia an email saying "Debt sold while in dispute", "no doorstep visits", "Do not harass me" ... "Refer to original lender"
                            23/06/2011 Crikey time has flown since last update. I've not heard back from Anglia, so preparing a letter to send to Santander making an offer of reduced payment. Emailed Paul to see if he's had chance to check the Default Notice before I go ahead and post the letter, as if served incorrectly the default can have an impact!

As per latest update, just in process of sending a letter to Santander arranging to make a reduced payment.

I've put:

As previously explained in my letter dated 1st February 2011, I currently in a dire financial situation, whereby I am struggling to meet the contractual payments on any of my current agreements.

Therefore I would like to make an offer of £10 per month, commencing July 2011, lasting for three months until which point I shall review my situation and hopefully increase my payments if my situation has improved.

If this offer of reduced payment is satisfactory, please respond in writing, along with details of how I should make a payment. Unfortunately I am unable to write a cheque, and am unwilling to set up a direct debit facility. Therefore a regular standing order would be my preference.
                            Should that be ok???

Comment

Nice one mate - worth a shot

Comment

28/01/2011 Ready!
                                24/06/2011 Letter Sent: CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status
                                27/06/2011 Letter received from Santander (Dated 24/06/2011) - They've apologised for last agreement sent, and have found my actual one. Shame it's still not enforceable!

Little update that Santander seem to have finally located my Cahoot agreement from 2004, with my signature. However as Niddy mentioned it's not enforceable anyway, due to the "Flexible Loan" product.

Still waiting on their response to my CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status letter.

Comment

Working...
                                X