GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script commit2change UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

commit2change UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Committed2Change UE diary

Originally posted by Committed2Change View Post
    Sorry no no I'm with stepchange for my DMP. I don't think I worded it clearly. But at least they aren't a fee charging dmp company.

The who I'm paying refers to who holds the debt now.

Do I send the CCA request to the original creditor or who has the debt now?
    send it to whoever stepchange are paying now

you would be much better stopping the DMP now, you're really just throwing money away. WSe had a DMP as well, but stopped it three and half years ago when we started UE..............................................

Comment

Well I do like to be in control and I have heard some of the horror stories about interest being added on at the end - which does worry me a lot.

OK, I will stop my DMP payments - arrange to pay my student loans directly, they were getting the full amount via the dmp anyway so shouldn't be too difficult to sort out and send out my CCA letters.

Scary!

Comment

Nothing to be scared of now, you're in very safe hands.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
          send it to whoever stepchange are paying now

you would be much better stopping the DMP now, you're really just throwing money away. WSe had a DMP as well, but stopped it three and half years ago when we started UE..............................................
          Totally agree, similar experience with Payplan.
          They are both sponsored by the Banks and Financial Industry, they are simply the happy smiley cuddly face of the Debt Collection Industry.
          Because they have a 90% recovery rate the banks love them.
          You're far better off putting the money away.
          I've CCA'd 5 creditors in November and so far nothing's happened yet!

Comment

OK - I'm convinced.

And I like the idea of putting money away - this last year has been so stressful due to problems that have left me with no money and having to stop my dmp due to mot failures etc. Would be nice to have a safety net again. It's not like I haven't paid them a fair whack of my cash anyway.

Comment

Something I wished I'd thought about years ago.
              Stop paying those cockwombles and put the money to better use.

Comment

Yep - what's the worse that can happen? - I have no house etc - so I just get ordered to pay what I was paying but have built up a safety net in the meantime.

I think cockwombles is my new favourite word for them

Comment

If you have no assets is BR an option?
                  Another problem with DMPs is they very rarely recommend BR as it won't deliver funds back to the Financial System.
                  You are definitely in good hands here.
                  As an aside I noticed that Paragon/Idem increased their profits from £69 million to £75 million last year alone.
                  Feel no guilt, they've purchased 240,000 accounts recently.
                  Good Luck
                  Last edited by odetter; 14 January 2014, 19:16.

Comment

I would rather avoid a BR if I could, that was one of the reasons I did the dmp. They did actually suggest a BR initially for me.

Comment

Ok understand.
                      On the right road now.

Comment

Listen to Niddy and the advice you will get from this forum. You will realise that you are being scammed!

Comment

Hi all

Thanks for all the comments, I've been reading peoples diaries - I have a few questions if you don't mind.

If we decided the a debt is UE does that mean they can keep writing to me forever to try to get me to pay it - and while the default will drop off my file could I get letters from them forever harassing me for the money?

I assume that as we are challenging the debt it doesn't ever fall under the statue barred status - even after 6 years of claiming UE/refusing to pay?

I'm scared by stories of people going to court over this, losing and getting forced to pay high costs - I guess this is a reality and this is probably an impossible question but is this likely to happen?

If any of my debts are found to be enforceable - like the 2009 Halifax one - would it not be better to keep paying the DMP on it rather than challenge it and risk a CCJ?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm still sending off all my requests on Saturday - I just like to really think things through. After all in theory the DMP is working - but the though of spending the next 4 1/2 years paying only to get hit with a high interest bill at the end is stressing me out.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Committed2Change View Post
                            Hi all

Thanks for all the comments, I've been reading peoples diaries - I have a few questions if you don't mind.

If we decided the a debt is UE does that mean they can keep writing to me forever to try to get me to pay it - and while the default will drop off my file could I get letters from them forever harassing me for the money?

they will keep hassling you for a couple of years but things quieten down a lot, yes. Read diaries and you'll see - but they don't write forever as after it goes SB then you can pretty much forget it anyway.

I assume that as we are challenging the debt it doesn't ever fall under the statue barred status - even after 6 years of claiming UE/refusing to pay?

yes we aim for SB - that's the whole plan of what we do!! Of course if you don't use our templates you could acknowledge the debt and affect SB so always speak to us before doing anything and always send our templates and you'll be fine.

I'm scared by stories of people going to court over this, losing and getting forced to pay high costs - I guess this is a reality and this is probably an impossible question but is this likely to happen?

on here in 4 years we've seen a couple of losses and a lot of wins, we rarely lose. We use a solicitor who checks the agreement for free and if it is good he will tell you. If it has a high chance of success he will tell you. If there are higher odds you will lose he will refuse to take the claim. You are in safe hands now.

If any of my debts are found to be enforceable - like the 2009 Halifax one - would it not be better to keep paying the DMP on it rather than challenge it and risk a CCJ?

nope it's best to blag it and if they get heavy we can either look to settle that account with a F&F or we fight them on some other grounds. Forget the dmp for now, that's irrelevant at this stage.

Sorry for all the questions - I'm still sending off all my requests on Saturday - I just like to really think things through. After all in theory the DMP is working - but the though of spending the next 4 1/2 years paying only to get hit with a high interest bill at the end is stressing me out.

thanks
                            see points in red next to your questions.....
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks - I think I was just getting myself confused over the SB status.

I promise to stick to the templates and letters you guys tell me to send

Comment

Hi

yet another question - sorry.

My HSBC debt which is now with IDEM has been placed on default twice on my credit report - once in 2011 with IDEM but now again in October 2013 with HSBC, obv this will add another 2 years before the default disappears off my CR.

I get that it will be SB 6 years from now anyway but it really annoys me that they have done this. It looks like I owe an extra £7000 when I don't (and gave me a heart attack when I first saw it)

Should I write to HSBC explaining and tell them to take off the second default - or should I just ignore it?

Oh I also saw that I shouldn't access my CR after I go down the UE route - so I will do this but just wanted to see about this first since I'm letter writing.

Comment

Working...
                                X