My Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had the same email:

"PRA Group (UK) Limited recently transferred your account to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd."

Looks like PRA have been rearranging the deckchairs for some reason. One of my accounts they've lost a court case with, the other they've acknowledged is UE at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post
      I've had the same email:

"PRA Group (UK) Limited recently transferred your account to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd."

Looks like PRA have been rearranging the deckchairs for some reason. One of my accounts they've lost a court case with, the other they've acknowledged is UE at the moment.
      Going by the name, I did wonder whether it's a vehicle for offloading onto some other (poor) debt purchaser, batches of those accounts they haven't been able to get anywhere with. It's a cut-throat world out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
        Going by the name, I did wonder whether it's a vehicle for offloading onto some other (poor) debt purchaser, batches of those accounts they haven't been able to get anywhere with. It's a cut-throat world out there.
        Yes restructuring often goes with rationalising, profiling with AI will also be a significant feature.
        Their intent is to target for maximum profit which will extend beyond the account debt into charges on property for instance.

Comment

• Going by the name, I did wonder whether it's a vehicle for offloading onto some other (poor) debt purchaser, batches of those accounts they haven't been able to get anywhere with. It's a cut-throat world out there.
          This is a very good point - package 'em up & sell 'em on, just like the old sub-prime mortgage days.

It will be interesting to see if letters from new 'owners' start turning up in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

This is a very good point - package 'em up & sell 'em on, just like the old sub-prime mortgage days.

It will be interesting to see if letters from new 'owners' start turning up in the near future.
            If that does happen (i.e. sold on), is the next step to send a sold while in dispute (SWID) letter? or does each case need to be judged on its merits?

Comment

• Originally posted by ca71 View Post

If that does happen (i.e. sold on), is the next step to send a sold while in dispute (SWID) letter? or does each case need to be judged on its merits?
              I think the latter. In any case, we don't rush to reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

I think the latter. In any case, we don't rush to reply.
                I would tend to agree. While it is always tempting to respond with a knee jerk reaction, take time to consider and see what they do.

Comment

• Email received from PRA re: Debt1.

"Dear <Name>

We previously told you that our partner, Moorcroft Debt Recovery, would be in contact to resolve this matter. Your account has now been returned to us unresolved.

We have been trying to resolve this matter since Barclaycard sold your account to us on DD/MM/YYYY (Wrong date!) Unfortunately, there is still no payment arrangement to clear your balance. As a result, your unpaid balance is being evaluated for possible Litigation recovery by our Investigations and Litigation Department.

We understand that paying off your balance is rarely straightforward. Let's work together to find a way forward."

Filed and let's see what happens next.

Comment

• Emails from PRA have now restarted. Plus I've recently had a letter at my new-ish temporary address which I suspect was passed on from Moorcroft. This despite me writing to them to give them my proper (longer term) address. I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca71 View Post
                      Emails from PRA have now restarted. Plus I've recently had a letter at my new-ish temporary address which I suspect was passed on from Moorcroft. This despite me writing to them to give them my proper (longer term) address. I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

".. from Diary
                      22/12/2020 - CCA sent and proof of posting obtained
                      08/01/2021 - Reply from PRA; returning £1 Postal Order (they don't charge) and stating they need to refer to the original lender and that collection activity will cease.
                      15/01/2021 - CCA documents received from PRA Group. Scanned and sent to Niddy.
                      18/01/2021 - Niddy states unenforceable.
                      .."

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

".. from Diary
                        22/12/2020 - CCA sent and proof of posting obtained
                        08/01/2021 - Reply from PRA; returning £1 Postal Order (they don't charge) and stating they need to refer to the original lender and that collection activity will cease.
                        15/01/2021 - CCA documents received from PRA Group. Scanned and sent to Niddy.
                        18/01/2021 - Niddy states unenforceable.
                        .."
                        and since Nidy reviewed, Barclaycard have refunded due to incorrect interest which, I believe, invalidates the Default Notice. If a LBC arrives, then the attack dogs of JCS will be unleashed.

Thanks, Roger.

Comment

Working...
                        X