X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

I think the latter. In any case, we don't rush to reply.
    I would tend to agree. While it is always tempting to respond with a knee jerk reaction, take time to consider and see what they do.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Originally posted by ca71 View Post

If that does happen (i.e. sold on), is the next step to send a sold while in dispute (SWID) letter? or does each case need to be judged on its merits?
    I think the latter. In any case, we don't rush to reply.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

This is a very good point - package 'em up & sell 'em on, just like the old sub-prime mortgage days.

It will be interesting to see if letters from new 'owners' start turning up in the near future.
    If that does happen (i.e. sold on), is the next step to send a sold while in dispute (SWID) letter? or does each case need to be judged on its merits?

Leave a comment:

• Night Monkey
    replied
    Going by the name, I did wonder whether it's a vehicle for offloading onto some other (poor) debt purchaser, batches of those accounts they haven't been able to get anywhere with. It's a cut-throat world out there.
    This is a very good point - package 'em up & sell 'em on, just like the old sub-prime mortgage days.

It will be interesting to see if letters from new 'owners' start turning up in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Going by the name, I did wonder whether it's a vehicle for offloading onto some other (poor) debt purchaser, batches of those accounts they haven't been able to get anywhere with. It's a cut-throat world out there.
    Yes restructuring often goes with rationalising, profiling with AI will also be a significant feature.
    Their intent is to target for maximum profit which will extend beyond the account debt into charges on property for instance.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post
    I've had the same email:

"PRA Group (UK) Limited recently transferred your account to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd."

Looks like PRA have been rearranging the deckchairs for some reason. One of my accounts they've lost a court case with, the other they've acknowledged is UE at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Night Monkey
    replied
    I've had the same email:

"PRA Group (UK) Limited recently transferred your account to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd."

Looks like PRA have been rearranging the deckchairs for some reason. One of my accounts they've lost a court case with, the other they've acknowledged is UE at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Originally posted by ca71 View Post

Nope - no mention of assigning.
    "but the benefits, rights, title and interest in this account are now owned by PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd."

This company was set up only a few months ago, but I can't yet see the reason for it.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post
    ".. Actual words from .."email: PRA Group (UK) Limited recently transferred your account to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd. .."
    Nothing about Assigning?
    Might or might not be important but the devil is often in the details
    Nope - no mention of assigning.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkles
    replied
    That's what they said to me, in an email with no date of transfer.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkles
    replied
    PRA Reference: x

Dear x
    PRA Group (UK) Limited recently transferred your account to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd.

There is no change to how you normally talk to us, your account will continue to be managed by PRA Group (UK) Limited, but the benefits, rights, title and interest in this account are now owned by PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd.

If you are paying us directly or through a third party, such as a debt management company, this change will not affect your payment plan; please continue to make your agreed payments.

We have included some frequently asked questions, but please get in touch if you have any other questions.

The Legal Bit

PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd and PRA Group (UK) Limited are now data controllers of your personal data for this account.

We have included a copy of each company's fair processing notice with this email as required under the Data Protection Act 2018. These notices set out what personal data the companies collect and how they use that data.

View PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd fair processing notice

View PRA Group (UK) Limited fair processing notice

Details of your transferred account can be found below:
    Original Creditor Account Number: x
    PRA Account Number: x
    Original Creditor: x
    Account Balance: x
    Agreement Date: x
    Yours sincerely
    Carissa Rae
    Head of UK Core Operations
    PRA Group (UK) Limited

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    ".. Actual words from .."email: PRA Group (UK) Limited recently transferred your account to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd. .."
    Nothing about Assigning?
    Might or might not be important but the devil is often in the details

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied

I don't understand why the OP made a F&F offer after PRA had said they consider the account UE.
    That was a mistake. I was bolstered by the fact that the Cabot court action had failed and I thought I could easily dispense with another one. Lesson well and truly learnt.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Debt > £10

Your Diary doesn't mention which PRA Group company was Assigned the Debt.
    01/08/2021 - PRA considers the account unenforceable. (This Letter is GOLD DUST!)
    When you say passed do you mean Assigned and from whom in PRA to PRA Group UK Portfolios Limited

I presume nothing has changed since 1st August 2021
    File do nothing which would restart the Statute Bar Clock and SILENCE
    I don't understand why the OP made a F&F offer after PRA had said they consider the account UE.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Debt > £10

Your Diary doesn't mention which PRA Group company was Assigned the Debt.
    01/08/2021 - PRA considers the account unenforceable. (This Letter is GOLD DUST!)
    When you say passed do you mean Assigned and from whom in PRA to PRA Group UK Portfolios Limited

I presume nothing has changed since 1st August 2021
    File do nothing which would restart the Statute Bar Clock and SILENCE
    Hi Roger

Actual words from email: PRA Group (UK) Limited recently transferred your account to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd.

Silence is indeed golden (and my default position!)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X