No announcement yet.

My Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...as others have said - leave it alone.
    I concur. It's fleetingly crossed my mind to push this before but I ultimately decided not to rattle any cages. Defaults will drop off in their own good time and on balance SB seemed the greater prize.

Comment

• Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

I concur. It's fleetingly crossed my mind to push this before but I ultimately decided not to rattle any cages. Defaults will drop off in their own good time and on balance SB seemed the greater prize.
      Silence and sitting on hands!!

Do your homework read AAD and especially be uptodate on current tactics etc.. Because tactics have changed over time!

AAD for me has been a friend and guide through considerable Stress.

What I learnt was that a Good and Informed Diary helped Me and AAD
      Good Diaries make for good decisions. They put you in control of your Debts!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

I don't think it's the obvious one, as when it does drop off very soon there would still be the uncertainty as to the real reason. However, as others have said - leave it alone.
        I was thinking more along the lines of what response I would get from Cabot which then might help inform others about whether to do the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca71 View Post

I was thinking more along the lines of what response I would get from Cabot which then might help inform others about whether to do the same thing.

Leave well alone. You may enlighten office jockey there that you are an easy target (lack of knowledge or a clever clog)?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Re: Debt 2 - Confirmation from Cabot that no further action will be taken to collect the outstanding balance. Thanks JCS!

I was thinking about sending Cabot a SAR for, say, the last 2 months traffic to see if I can pick up anything interesting which might help in the fight with my other account with Cabot.
            Last edited by ca71; 5 January 2023, 10:28.

Comment

Re: Debt 2 - Confirmation from Cabot that no further action will be taken to collect the outstanding balance. Thanks JCS!

I was thinking about sending Cabot a SAR for, say, the last 2 months traffic to see if I can pick up anything interesting which might help in the fight with my other account with Cabot.
              "Debt 3

23/08/2021 - Cabot confirmed that the outstanding balance is unenforceable. Cabot offered to settle account for 25% of the outstanding debt.
              04/04/2022 - Cabot stating that as I have failed to respond to their attempts to make contact, that I have 9 days to respond or they will increase contact frequency of contact (more by phone, email, SMS and letter)",

Cabot have confirmed that the account is unenforceable. What has happened since 04/04/22, have they increased frequency of contact, and are they still chasing you?

Comment

"Debt 3

23/08/2021 - Cabot confirmed that the outstanding balance is unenforceable. Cabot offered to settle account for 25% of the outstanding debt.
                04/04/2022 - Cabot stating that as I have failed to respond to their attempts to make contact, that I have 9 days to respond or they will increase contact frequency of contact (more by phone, email, SMS and letter)",

Cabot have confirmed that the account is unenforceable. What has happened since 04/04/22, have they increased frequency of contact, and are they still chasing you?
                No contact from them at all.

Comment

No contact from them at all.
                  In that case I would let sleeping dogs lie. Don't wake them up with a SAR.

Comment

In that case I would let sleeping dogs lie. Don't wake them up with a SAR.
                    I'm not sure I've got anything to lose by submitted a SAR. Court action for one has just been discontinued and the other - by their own admission - they do not have the original agreement. Sorry, not trying to be obtuse, just like to understand the risks involved in submitted a SAR at this point.
                    Last edited by ca71; 10 January 2023, 10:15.

Comment

• ...by their own admission - they do not have the original agreement.
                      Which does not always stop court action. Maybe the system grinding along without any logic being applied, or a conscious decision that it's 'worth a punt' that you'll cave in or they'll get a default decision if you don't defend it.

I'd be asking what you'd gain by sending an SAR? Unless there's a definite purpose to rattling their cage now I'd leave it until there was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

Which does not always stop court action. Maybe the system grinding along without any logic being applied, or a conscious decision that it's 'worth a punt' that you'll cave in or they'll get a default decision if you don't defend it.

I'd be asking what you'd gain by sending an SAR? Unless there's a definite purpose to rattling their cage now I'd leave it until there was.
                        Good point. Just thought there might be something useful in it which could help me or the wider community.

Comment

• sit on your hands
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy_the_cat View Post
                            Name Virgin
                            Type of Account Credit Card
                            Date Commenced March 2017
                            Date Defaulted June 2019
                            Approx Balance £10,000
                            Account Owner Cabot
                            Arrangement/Not paying Not paying
                            Last Date paid March 2021
                            1. Early Feb - CCA Request sent to Cabot
                            2. 26 Feb 21 - Response from Cabot - Need 12 days
                            3. 11 Mar 21 - Response from Cabot - Still Processing (Account unenforceable)
                            4. 07 May 21 - I made a F&F offer of £400
                            5. 14 May 21 - Offer Rejected and counter made of £8k
                            6. 21 Jun 21 - Letter received from Cabot - "We haven't been able to obtain the information you requested from the original lender. If this information becomes available to us later, we'll complete your request and send you the relevant information. Until we can supply this, your account is unenforceable".
                            7. 29 Dec 22 - I made a F&F offer of £250.
                            8. 29 Dec 22 - Offer Accepted
                            For reasons I can't go into here, I'd like to try to clear Debt3 by means of a F&F offer. My circumstances are very similar to above.

Comment

For reasons I can't go into here, I'd like to try to clear Debt3 by means of a F&F offer. My circumstances are very similar to above.
                              Well, you've had the advice here. What you do is up to you.

Comment

Well, you've had the advice here. What you do is up to you.
                                agree we tried! end of the day your decision happy with that then OK.
                                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 10 January 2023, 20:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X