My Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you do is up to you
    Always this. To me AAD is about making informed decisions without being bullied by DCAs. Everyone's circumstances and preferences are different and as long as we're happy with the outcome (as far as is possible given the general topic ) then that's all we can ask.

Comment

• I think you must do what is right for you however a couple of points to bear in mind
      If you make a F&F then you may well be acknowledging the debt and thus resetting the bar
      It might be that if you were to ask, they may just close the account- they did this with a couple of mine but they totalled under 5K

No one, and I mean no one, on a forum or in real life can tell you the right way to deal with it- As NM says, everyone's circumstances are different.

Good Luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat View Post
        I think you must do what is right for you however a couple of points to bear in mind
        If you make a F&F then you may well be acknowledging the debt and thus resetting the bar
        It might be that if you were to ask, they may just close the account- they did this with a couple of mine but they totalled under 5K

No one, and I mean no one, on a forum or in real life can tell you the right way to deal with it- As NM says, everyone's circumstances are different.

Good Luck
        Thanks, Pat. I've submitted a SAR to the original lender in the hope of picking up some additional chatter between them and Cabot. Once I reviewed the output, I'll then decide on a way forward.
        Last edited by ca71; 12 January 2023, 05:43.

Comment

I think you must do what is right for you however a couple of points to bear in mind

Good Luck
          I'm wondering if there are a form of words I could to use to request them to close the account that does not reset the SB clock.

Comment

• I am not sure but I think getting a 3rd party to write making the offer may not reset the clock. So if you have a family member who knows about your debts - but I am not sure. Years ago there used to be letters on here, not sure if they are still about.

Comment

• Making Offers, Formula & CFS

If for any reason you're not comfortable with making offers to your creditor then we are happy to help you to compile a suitable letter, however we cannot actually get involved on your behalf and deal direct with the creditor. Please contact us if you need assistance with a bespoke offer template. This last paragraph probably is still the case!

Never-In-Doubt may be able to update on this issue?
              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 11 January 2023, 16:08.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Re: Debt1 - Yay! Default will drop off my credit file soon.

Comment

• All 3 defaults have now dropped off my credit report and score has increased significantly.

Comment

• Re: Debt2 - Official notification from the court that the claim has been dismissed
                    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 6 July 2023, 20:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca71 View Post
                      Re: Debt2 - Official notification from the court that the claim has been dismissed
                      Good Result.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Re: Debt1 - Update today: The account is being transferred to Moorcroft. Do they usually mean sold on or just passed over for them to try to get some cash out of me?

Comment

• Originally posted by ca71 View Post
                          Debt 1 - PRA Group - Status: In Dispute

Type of account: Barclaycard Platinum Credit card

Date commenced: October 2010
                          Approx balance: >£10k
                          Date last paid in full: December 2016
                          Date last part paid: August 2021

Being Reported to CRA: No

Current status: Not paying
                          Assigned: PRA Group in December 2017
                          Account Owner: PRA Group

History:
                          09/05/2019 - PRA offered to settle account for 37.5% of the outstanding debt - Filed
                          17/12/2020 - SAR output received from Barclays.
                          22/12/2020 - CCA sent and proof of posting obtained
                          08/01/2021 - Reply from PRA; returning £1 Postal Order (they don't charge) and stating they need to refer to the original lender and that collection activity will cease.
                          15/01/2021 - CCA documents received from PRA Group. Scanned and sent to Niddy.
                          18/01/2021 - Niddy states unenforceable.
                          09/06/2021 - Letter from Barclaycard refunding (direct to PRA) fees due to incorrectly calculated default fees.
                          01/08/2021 - PRA considers the account unenforceable.
                          28/08/2021 - Standing order cancelled.
                          19/12/2022 - I made a "Without Prejudice" F&F offer of <1%. PRA countered saying they would accept 90% of the alleged outstanding balance.
                          12/01/2023 - Notification from ClearScore that this card will shortly be removed from my credit file.
                          27/09/2023 - Your account is being transferred to Moorcroft. They'll be in touch.
                          Lets look at your Diary
                          1/ 01/08/2021 - PRA considers the account unenforceable.
                          2/ 12/01/2023 - Notification from ClearScore that this card will shortly be removed from my credit file.
                          3/ 09/06/2021 - Letter from Barclaycard refunding (direct to PRA) fees due to incorrectly calculated default fees.

There is Case Law that says can't be reported to CRA'S if UE and while it remains UE hence 2/

Barclaycard reference to Default fees seems to imply that any Default Notice figures were wrong and as the A|ccount has been sold to PRA these cannot be corrected 3/

PRA can in Law ask (using Moorcroft as there Agent) but they have admitted 1/ above UE and this means they can't make a legal claim.

No CRA so this can't inpact on your credit rating! PRA can't sue!

This is going nowhere!

Just ignore completely your last payment 28/08/2021 well added 6 years and 1 month takes you to 28/09/2027 another 4 years to sit out!
                          SILENCE here is golden and do or say nothing that would restart the Statute Bar clock!

Comment

• Passed to MOORCROFT (They are collectors not Owners) they do not buy debts just hopeful commissions

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

Lets look at your Diary
                              1/ 01/08/2021 - PRA considers the account unenforceable.
                              2/ 12/01/2023 - Notification from ClearScore that this card will shortly be removed from my credit file.
                              3/ 09/06/2021 - Letter from Barclaycard refunding (direct to PRA) fees due to incorrectly calculated default fees.

There is Case Law that says can't be reported to CRA'S if UE and while it remains UE hence 2/

Barclaycard reference to Default fees seems to imply that any Default Notice figures were wrong and as the A|ccount has been sold to PRA these cannot be corrected 3/

PRA can in Law ask (using Moorcroft as there Agent) but they have admitted 1/ above UE and this means they can't make a legal claim.

No CRA so this can't inpact on your credit rating! PRA can't sue!

This is going nowhere!

Just ignore completely your last payment 28/08/2021 well added 6 years and 1 month takes you to 28/09/2027 another 4 years to sit out!
                              SILENCE here is golden and do or say nothing that would restart the Statute Bar clock!

I rather think the reason the account is being removed from the credit file is because it is 6 years since it was defaulted.

It would be good to know what the case law about not reporting UE accounts- I know it exists as someone told me but I can't for the life of me remember who or what it is.

Comment

It would be good to know what the case law about not reporting UE accounts- I know it exists as someone told me but I can't for the life of me remember who or what it is.
                                Colin G Quinn mentioned that in this comment on my thread:

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...07#post1544107

Comment

Working...
                                X