My Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ca71 View Post
    Letter received from Resolvecall re: Debt #2 - Filed.

Thank you for the update.

This is your NatWest credit card from 1999 where your s77-79 CCA Request sent to Cabot in December last year (2020) has not been complied with.

This means the debt is currently unenforceable even if they haven't acknowledged that in writing.

Was Resolvecall's letter specific about discount offers, or just a tease to get you to contact them?

Di

Original post history >

Debt 2 - Cabot (Financial) Europe Ltd

Type of account: Natwest Credit Card

Date commenced: September 1999
    Approx balance: £11.5k
    Date last paid in full: December 2016

Current status: Not paying (was £5 per month by standing order since date of default)
    Assigned: Cabot (Financial) Europe Ltd in Mar 2019
    Account Owner: Cabot (Financial) Europe Ltd

History:
    01/10/2020 - Cabot offered to settle account for 30% of the outstanding debt
    22/12/2020 - CCA sent and proof of posting obtained
    27/01/2020 - No response received
    27/03/2021 - Standing Order cancelled.
    11/05/2021 - Letter from Cabot: Would I like to 'Set up a personal payment plan?'
    14/05/2021 - Letter from Resolvecall Limited: We've been passed your details from Cabot. Would I like to settle? Discounts available.

Comment

Hi Di

Nothing specific. It was, as you say, just a tease :-)

Comment

Hi Di

Nothing specific. It was, as you say, just a tease

They're going to have to try harder than that

Di

Comment

PRA have written to me to ask me to cancel the payment to Barclaycard and send it direct to them (even though Barclaycard are obviously sending the payments onwards as they are showing up on my PRA statements).

Would it do any harm to do as they ask?

Comment

my view why make it easy for the blinders? a company asked me save as to make easier for them I stated No, they have to work for their intrusion. my thoughts only!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

PRA have written to me to ask me to cancel the payment to Barclaycard and send it direct to them (even though Barclaycard are obviously sending the payments onwards as they are showing up on my PRA statements).

Would it do any harm to do as they ask?

I've looked back at your thread and the post below in particular which says Niddy deemed the credit agreement unenforceable This was over a year ago so I'm also curious as to why PRA suddenly want to change the payment arrangement now.

I can see the debt was assigned to PRA in 2017 so have you been paying Barclaycard £5 per month since then (i.e. nearly 4 years ago) with no complaint from PRA and/or no request to change your payments to them before now?

PRA aren't known for their patience so there must be a reason why they've tolerated this for so long.

Before doing as they ask (change the standing order) maybe send a SAR to Barclaycard in case it flags up assignment issues and/or any interaction between the pair of them which could be revealing or useful to you

Debt 1 - PRA Group

Type of account: Barclaycard Platinum Credit card

Date commenced: October 2010
              Approx balance: £25.8k
              Date last paid in full: December 2016

Current status: £5 per month by standing order since date of default
              Assigned: PRA Group in December 2017
              Account Owner: PRA Group

History:
              09/05/2019 - PRA offered to settle account for 37.5% of the outstanding debt - Filed
              22/12/2020 - CCA sent and proof of posting obtained
              08/01/2021 - Reply from PRA; returning £1 Postal Order (they don't charge) and stating they need to refer to the original lender and that collection activity will cease.
              15/01/2021 - CCA documents received from PRA Group. Scanned and sent to Niddy.

18/01/2021 - Niddy states this is unenforceable.
              Di

Comment

Hi Di

I submitted a SAR to Barclaycard a few weeks after I submitted the CCA to PRA Group to see if there was any 'chatter'. Nothing at all. I'm just going to leave the payment as it is for now as they are obviously getting it.

edited to add - The PRA response was January 2021 (4 months ago).

Comment

Hi Di

edited to add - The PRA response was January 2021 (4 months ago).

You're right about the timeline - you sent the CCA Request in December 2020, and the documents were sent to you 3 weeks’ later in January 2021.

My excuse is I was typing on my iPad without wearing my usual glasses

But that doesn’t change the fact that the credit agreement appears to be unenforceable.

Di
                  Last edited by PlanB; 18 May 2021, 21:14.

Comment

Now a more specific discount (25%) from Resolvecall. Filed.

Comment

Now a more specific discount (25%) from Resolvecall. Filed.

Now's the time to put on your poker face.

This is your NatWest credit card from 1999 which is currently unenforceable so you've got a good hand, but no need to show it just yet

Di

Comment

Letter received from Barclaycard regarding default fees. Small refund will be sent direct to PRA. Diary updated.

Comment

Letter received from Barclaycard regarding default fees. Small refund will be sent direct to PRA. Diary updated.
                          See https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...62#post1540862

PRA can't simply reduce the debt by this refund!
                          The mention of default fees raises a host of questions about the CCA (because default fees will be included in the terms) as well as any Default Notice and calculated outstanding Debt and the assigned debt to PRA.

Make a note for yourself of this and obviously say nothing!

Comment

Small refund will be sent direct to PRA
                            I've just had one of them. Looks like Barclaycard are joining the club that HSBC started a while ago.

Comment

& also - point to remember; the creditor refunding back to the account does NOT affect any SB status, just carry on as normal.
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I've just received an offer to settle Debt 3 for 20% of the sum outstanding. I am thinking of writing back to offer a *much* lower amount. However, given that I have another debt with Cabot) which is unenforceable as they have not complied with my CCA request). In fact, they have not responded at all which makes me think it has been lost in the post.

My concern is that if I was to offer a F&F settlement figure for Debt 3, it might spur them into looking at Debt 2 a bit more closely. If they do find the requisite documentation then I could suddenly find myself on their radar (which I want to avoid) and potentially looking down the barrel of a LBC.

I'd appreciate thoughts on what I should do now (if anything).

Comment

Working...
                                X