No announcement yet.

My Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earlier this year, I got married and changed my surname. I also put a Royalmail redirection in place. A few weeks later I got a letter through from Cabot regarding Debt #2. They had discovered my new address (presumably through my credit file).

My latest credit report shows that shortly there will be 2 updates to it - 1 to remove Debt 2 and 1 to add Debt 2. (I'm assuming due to change of name or address)

My question is - this default is due to drop off my credit report in Q2 2023 (6 years since default) - Will the above 2 changes affect this 'drop off' at all?

MTIA

Comment

Originally posted by ca71 View Post
      Earlier this year, I got married and changed my surname. I also put a Royalmail redirection in place. A few weeks later I got a letter through from Cabot regarding Debt #2. They had discovered my new address (presumably through my credit file).

My latest credit report shows that shortly there will be 2 updates to it - 1 to remove Debt 2 and 1 to add Debt 2. (I'm assuming due to change of name or address)

My question is - this default is due to drop off my credit report in Q2 2023 (6 years since default) - Will the above 2 changes affect this 'drop off' at all?

MTIA
      No the CRA is for 6 years thats it!
      But update your Diary to show that CABOT now know your NEW Address. Don't want a sneaky CCJ by their sending to the Old Address!
      Don't contact them BUT watch your back!

Comment

Had contact from PRA at my new address. Included was a sheet (dated this month) headed 'Notice of Assignment' which states the account was assigned to them a number of years earlier. Also, included was a 1 pager called the Fair Processing Notice which PRA state they are obliged to send to me under the Data Protection Act 2018.

Duly filed - I await further contact.

Comment

Had contact from PRA at my new address. Included was a sheet (dated this month) headed 'Notice of Assignment' which states the account was assigned to them a number of years earlier. Also, included was a 1 pager called the Fair Processing Notice which PRA state they are obliged to send to me under the Data Protection Act 2018.

Duly filed - I await further contact.
          Assigned to who exactly?
          How many years earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

Assigned to who exactly?
            How many years earlier?
            Assigned to PRA Group in 2017.

Comment

Assigned to PRA Group in 2017.
              I only asked because PRA had issues in earlier years.
              Frankly it seems odd to send a Assignment Notice that refers to an earlier Date and 5 years late!
              For this reason I should keep that letter safe.

Comment

Letter from Cabot re: Debt number 2 and a referral to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors. Filed.

Comment

Letter from MCS re: Debt 2- I have 26 days to respond else court action will commence.

Comment

Letter from MCS re: Debt 2- I have 26 days to respond else court action will commence.
                    No response ever to your CCA request?

Comment

is this an actual LBC, is it just a one page letter or are there other pages with tick boxes A-onwards?
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

No response ever to your CCA request?
                        Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

is this an actual LBC, is it just a one page letter or are there other pages with tick boxes A-onwards?
                          Just a one pager.

Comment

Not real one just freigtener before 5 page official letter before claim
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I suspect they will never be able to come up with your CCA. This happened to me after sale to Cabot- even though Natwest had provided a totally compliant S78 response. Might well be something in the assignment but that is just a guess.

For me , they called me and I said they had not complied, they closed both accounts thee and then - but I am not saying that is what you should do, especially as it is for a large amount.

Comment

If/when the LBC drops, I'll be getting JCS on the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X