My Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Your update on the detail of Debt No.3 says 30%, but here you say 20% - confusing.

Why pay anything on an unenforceable debt? Further, if you make an offer they will assume you have funds available, which will affect their approach to Debt No.2 - if they make the connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
      Hi

Your update on the detail of Debt No.3 says 30%, but here you say 20% - confusing.

Why pay anything on an unenforceable debt? Further, if you make an offer they will assume you have funds available, which will affect their approach to Debt No.2 - if they make the connection.
      Sorry, my mistake - The initial offer was to settle for 30% and the very latest is now 25%. I've corrected my mistake.

From my side, it's a case of putting these specific debts behind me.

Comment

In deciding you should consider not just the UE but your Credit status with the Credit Report Agencies!
        Because if there is NO impact on your Credit nothing will be achieved by a settlement other than giving these pariah's your or your families hard earned monies.
        The moment you accept their offers the Statute Bar Clock will restart.
        The Original Debt will have been sold for pennies in the pound and the Lender's Bad Debt written off against Tax.

Comment

you beat me to it Roger,
          I will add, they will continue to contact you even when the default drops of your credit file, but if you continue to ignore them, there is nothing they can do,
          UE means they can ASK for you to pay them, BUT they CANNOT enforce the debt in court, even though some may say they can, or even try frightening you by sending letters saying they are looking at court action.
          Always read any letters a couple of times before running round like a headless Chicken, or in this day and age, a Chickenless nugget.
          post on here anything that your not sure of, one of us will be around, even at silly o'clock, (namely me) the voice of illogical thinking at your service

Have a nice weekend,
          I am off to visit Hubby in hospital, just started up visiting for an hour twice a week, he's been in since beginning of may.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Had a letter from Cabot re: Debt 2 stating that this debt has now been passed to BPO Collections for "management".

Comment

OK that's fine.

they have just passed it of for someone else to try and persuade you to donate to the Christmas party.
              If BPO did not have a letter in with the one saying they had passed it over to them, then you can expect some calls and sometime a letter of introduction.
              just post up when it happens,
              \if you do happen to answer a call from them, just say "in writing only please" and hang up.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi nightwatch - Yes, welcome letter from BPO was included. Filed accordingly.

Comment

Hi All - 2022 will bring a change of name and address for me - I'll put a Royalmail diversion in place from my current address to the new address. Would it be prudent to inform PRA/Cabot of my new name and address?

Comment

Hi

When I moved I kept the RM Redirection going for several years. It costs, but prevents any sneaky Court action going un-noticed. Some creditors picked up my new address all by themselves, others didn't. How long will your redirection be?

Advising them, absent any letter from them, is kinda like inviting them to write to you. If you do decide to write, you need to include phrases like "..... alleged debt, which I do not acknowledge ...".

You could perhaps wait for their next letter, and when replying include that it was sent to your old address.

Comment

Just checked and it looks like I can setup a Royalmail redirection for a maximum of 4 years.

Comment

Debt 3

A letter from Cabot (first in 8 months) stating that as I have failed to respond to their attempts to make contact, that I have 9 days to respond or they will increase contact frequency of contact (more by phone, email, SMS and letter).

Comment

Harassment by Telephone send and get free proof of posting keep copy of all on file date order

Comment

Originally posted by ca71 View Post
                            Debt 3

A letter from Cabot (first in 8 months) stating that as I have failed to respond to their attempts to make contact, that I have 9 days to respond or they will increase contact frequency of contact (more by phone, email, SMS and letter).
                            probably another template from drawer NO 4. Threatograms section.

Comment

I would just wait and see what happens next

Comment

I'm inclined to agree with The Tech Clerk. I think I would send the harassment letter with the first sentence amended to reflect their threat of phone calls, SMS etc. If they ignore that, they immediately put themselves in the wrong.

It's good to ignore them, but it's even better to put them in the wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X