My Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had the same email:

"PRA Group (UK) Limited recently transferred your account to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd."

Looks like PRA have been rearranging the deckchairs for some reason. One of my accounts they've lost a court case with, the other they've acknowledged is UE at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post
      I've had the same email:

"PRA Group (UK) Limited recently transferred your account to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd."

Looks like PRA have been rearranging the deckchairs for some reason. One of my accounts they've lost a court case with, the other they've acknowledged is UE at the moment.
      Going by the name, I did wonder whether it's a vehicle for offloading onto some other (poor) debt purchaser, batches of those accounts they haven't been able to get anywhere with. It's a cut-throat world out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
        Going by the name, I did wonder whether it's a vehicle for offloading onto some other (poor) debt purchaser, batches of those accounts they haven't been able to get anywhere with. It's a cut-throat world out there.
        Yes restructuring often goes with rationalising, profiling with AI will also be a significant feature.
        Their intent is to target for maximum profit which will extend beyond the account debt into charges on property for instance.

Comment

• Going by the name, I did wonder whether it's a vehicle for offloading onto some other (poor) debt purchaser, batches of those accounts they haven't been able to get anywhere with. It's a cut-throat world out there.
          This is a very good point - package 'em up & sell 'em on, just like the old sub-prime mortgage days.

It will be interesting to see if letters from new 'owners' start turning up in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

This is a very good point - package 'em up & sell 'em on, just like the old sub-prime mortgage days.

It will be interesting to see if letters from new 'owners' start turning up in the near future.
            If that does happen (i.e. sold on), is the next step to send a sold while in dispute (SWID) letter? or does each case need to be judged on its merits?

Comment

• Originally posted by ca71 View Post

If that does happen (i.e. sold on), is the next step to send a sold while in dispute (SWID) letter? or does each case need to be judged on its merits?
              I think the latter. In any case, we don't rush to reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

I think the latter. In any case, we don't rush to reply.
                I would tend to agree. While it is always tempting to respond with a knee jerk reaction, take time to consider and see what they do.

Comment

Working...
                X