GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script At long last I am claiming life back - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At long last I am claiming life back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At long last I am claiming life back

Brief background

I am looking to set up F&F with all my creditors, those that agree of course. All have had sent a CCA request 12/09/17. I have been paying all 9 creditors through DMP SC ,since 2008. I have 2 years left apparently. Every where I have read it’s better to start with unenforceable route.... so here I am.

My credit file is now looking a lot better since a number of debts have dropped off. I feel this has been an achievement as I was starting with a failed relationship nearly £60k worth of debt and a credit file trashed. Now my debts are down to 8k hence title. After reading a lot of experiences from here and other sites I am feeling confident and empowered in getting on top of my debts.

Has Niddy seeen the copy of CCA1974 you state they sent you? as are they enforceable or just unenforceable, get them checked maybe just copies of what might have been sent to you
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi The Tech Clerk

Thanks for getting in touch. i was trying to post the response from Idem but the site was playing up. Will post shortly , all seems to be working now.

Comment

Hope I have done this correctly

MBNA
        • Type of account: credit card
        • Date commenced Not sure
        • definitely before Apr 2007
        • Approx balance: £1255
        • Date last paid: 2008
        • on DMP SC
        • Status :can’t remember if acct was defaulted vague recollection it was. Not showing on my credit file
        • Account owner : Idem

Comment

MBNA UPDATE.
          • CCA request sent September 17
          • Letter of Acknowledgement of request September 17
          • UPDATE 30/09/17
          • Letter from Idem stating they are unable to locate a copy of agreement. They acknowledge they cannot enforce agreement until agreement is located. They went in to say they still plan to pursue debt include registering any defaults and arrears.
          • This maybe familiar some of you. I’m guessing this is a standard letter. The query I have is can DCA register arrears if Debt has already dropped of my CF ?

Last edited by Selinek; 6 October 2017, 15:39.

Comment

the CCA1974 sent to you need checking by Niddy to see if enforceable or not have you sent them no covering up info as only Niddy is autorised under protection act
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for that. I will get on the case.

Comment

Hi the tech

i have tried to upload my letter to Nid using the thread he mentioned on here, but it’s not working. Do know how else I can upload ? Thanks in advance

Comment

Just send it to his email address webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk with a link to this thread and your name in the subject box. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Thank you Cymruambyth , cheers

Comment

Co-op
                      • Date commenced :2005
                      • Approx balance: £932
                      • on DMP SC
                      • Status :defaulted. Due to drop off my credit file 11/11/17
                      • Account owner : link

CCA request sent 11/09/17.

Received statement of account today , 05/10/17 dated 19 September 2017 . The statement of account goes on to say this notice is given in compliance with the consumer credit act 1974 because you are in arrears with your payments under this agreement. The current arrears represents the outstanding balance as you failed to maintain payments in accordance with the terms of the original agreement so the full amount has become due.

I will send a copy to nid to have a look at. I know it’s not the credit agreement but I wonder if this is anything I need to worry about what do I need to do next if anything

Thanks guys
                      Last edited by Selinek; 6 October 2017, 22:39.

Comment

Tried to edit post but for some reason the site freezes on me. hopefully you get the jist

Comment

Originally posted by Selinek View Post
                          Tried to edit post but for some reason the site freezes on me. hopefully you get the jist
                          No email received from you..... however am away now until 25th October so will need to wait and I will look after then. If it isn't an agreement then just give us a brief description on here, as others can then assist.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Co-op
                            • Date commenced :1996
                            • Approx balance: £932
                            • on DMP SC
                            • Status :defaulted. Due to drop off my credit file 11/11/17
                            • Account owner : lLink
                            • CCA Request went 11/09/17
                            • 05/10/17
                            received statement of account. States the same as previous Entry for Co-op. Not sure what to do next, suspect nothing . I’m still paying agreed amount as I have been for 9 years .
                            Last edited by Selinek; 6 October 2017, 22:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              No email received from you..... however am away now until 25th October so will need to wait and I will look after then. If it isn't an agreement then just give us a brief description on here, as others can then assist.
                              Thanks Nid I have fathomed out the problem. will repost now it's been have edited . I have received one agreement so far will send when you're back. Thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X