GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script At long last I am claiming life back - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At long last I am claiming life back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SarahSarah View Post

Can I ask what you mean by this? I have been paying via a DMP to some unenforceables and the advice seems to be that you can just go quiet...??
    At the time I was looking to make Full and final offers as I was a long way off Statue Barr. Now I am more confident I going down the unenforceable route which means going quiet until such time I need to send a letter if necessary

Comment

• Great to hear! So have you not paid anything since coming off the DMP? Did you settle any?

Comment

Great to hear! So have you not paid anything since coming off the DMP? Did you settle any?

Thats right nothing. I haven't settled any and don't plan to as they are unenforceable !

Comment

• One more Q: did you use a template to break up with the DMP, or simply say “I no longer require your services”?

Comment

One more Q: did you use a template to break up with the DMP, or simply say “I no longer require your services”?
            I just called SC told them I was going self managed no questions asked ,account closed
            there and then. If that’s your plan make sure you get the account numbers etc of Your creditors For future use

Comment

24th April 2018, 17:55
              Citi financial
              • Type of account: credit card
              • Date commenced pre 2007
              • Approx balance: £1119
              • Date last paid: 2008
              • on DMP SC until November 2017
              • Now self managed: Not paid November 2017
              • Account owner : 1st Credit
              • CCA request sent 11/09/17.
              Received letter stating that account is on hold until information has been found.

I know it’s a waiting game

Updates
              22/12/17

was only thinking yesterday how quiet it has been. A “true” copy of Agreement bent sent today. Even though my address is there the agreement could be for anything. I could be wrong but I will send to niddy after the festivities. Merry crimbo

29/01/18

Niddy says its . 1st Credit have been in touch expecting to be paid! I would imagine letters and phone calls will start as I am not paying. Any ideas what I do next I don't have the stomach waiting for 6 year statue barred.

Hi Some guidance would be appreciated. I have received a letter from 1st credit paying they are " considering " county court action. What do I need to do ? Had a CCJ some years ago , now got rid and all defaults removed from CF. Credit is looking good , not wanting to undo that.

Thanks in advance

Updates:
              February 2018 1st credit sent letters one threatening to consider court action:

Great advice from ADD+ to sent missing PT letter and SAR to Citi Financial

March 2018: Letter from 1st Credit for me to contact them regarding a discount they are willing to offer... FILED away
              Letter from Intrum in response to missing PT letter. Of course they believe the agreement in enforceable and want paying . More great advice from ADD+ will send to 2nd agreement to Niddy to be doubly sure and possibly SAR Stepchange as well .

Just waiting for SAR response for Citi Financial , then take it from there

UPDATE: 24/04/18

Received response to SAR. Sent originally to 1st credit. Received a letter from Canada Square operations stating they will be dealing with request. I have received over 400 pages of paperwork. Surprisingly I have received a copy of the EGG loan agreement and credit card agreement made in the early 2000's. These debts are currently owned by Link. I must say I was surprised to see the agreements , baring in mind I had not heard from Link after sending a CCA last year. They have stepped up their phone calls recently. Have I shot myself in the foot by asking for SAR ? Shall I send the EGG agreements to NIDDY to have look at. In terms of Citi financial they have sent another agreement. Apparently according the letter one is the "original CCA" the other is "the current CCA" One has my current address on it the other has my old address on it. It looks like the one sent from 1st credit from CCA request. Shall I send this NIDDY again too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Update: 28/06/18

Letter from Intrum dated 24.04.18 informing me of change of name from 1st Credit: Filed

Letter from Intrum dated 15/06/18 offering a reduction off outstanding amount. Ignored filed

Letter from Intrum received today, dated 25/06/18: Heading YOUR ACCOUNT WILL SHORTLY BE PASSED TO OUR INTERNAL LEGAL DEPARTMENT. They go onto to say " your account will be passed our legal department to consider county court proceedings. They then list the consequences of a judgment attachment to earnings , warrant of control charging order. They don't want to pursue this course of action . They have given me 10 days to contact them to prevent further action. Of course I have no intention of contacting them. Do I just wait to hear from their legal department. Just so I'm clear does a letter before claim need to be sent before they actually go ahead and obtain a CCJ?
              Last edited by Selinek; 29 June 2018, 17:17.

Comment

• 18th June 2018, 22:58
                30th December 2017, 09:53
                Lloyd’s TSB
                • Approx balance: £545
                • on DMP SC 21/11/17 cancelled DMP
                • Account owner :Westcot

CCA request sent 11/09/17.

20/09/17 received letter and returned £1 cheque( not one in my name) to either send to the O/C or I request they do it . Not bothered as yet will get onto them

UPDATE: 27/11/17 resent CCA REQUEST making chq payable to LLoyds

UPDATE: 30/12/17

Letter from westcot informing acct on hold until Agreement is found. Take as long as you need !

UPDATE : 25/02/18

Niddy says. Wescott are expecting to be paid , don't they all!

UPDATE: 18/06/18

14/06/18:Letter from LLOYDS saying due to me not paying they have transferred my account to Moorcroft. They go on to say they have instructed Moorcroft to collect outstanding amount: Didn't realise Lloyds still own the account. No date on letter

15/06/18 :Letter from Moorcroft a day later : Dated 13/06/18. They want me to contact them to arrange payment within 7 days or they will recommend further recovery to their client. Interestingly they say that Lloyds has registered a default against my credit file. This account has already defaulted and dropped off my CR , indicating to me Moorcroft aren't checking their records . I take it this is being passed around from DCA to another ? Do I need to do anything ?

Letter from Moorcroft received toady dated 25/06/18 informing of possible further action . They go on to say to prevent this from happening to contact them within 7 days with a payment proposal. I will wait to what they come back with. Will file in the mean time.

Comment

• Citi financial
                  Received letter stating that account is on hold until information has been found.

I know it’s a waiting game

Updates
                  22/12/17

was only thinking yesterday how quiet it has been. A “true” copy of Agreement bent sent today. Even though my address is there the agreement could be for anything. I could be wrong but I will send to niddy after the festivities. Merry crimbo

29/01/18

Niddy says its ​ . 1st Credit have been in touch expecting to be paid! I would imagine letters and phone calls will start as I am not paying. Any ideas what I do next I don't have the stomach waiting for 6 year statue barred.

Hi Some guidance would be appreciated. I have received a letter from 1st credit paying they are " considering " county court action. What do I need to do ? Had a CCJ some years ago , now got rid and all defaults removed from CF. Credit is looking good , not wanting to undo that.

Thanks in advance

Updates:
                  February 2018 1st credit sent letters one threatening to consider court action:

Great advice from ADD+ to sent missing PT letter and SAR to Citi Financial

March 2018: Letter from 1st Credit for me to contact them regarding a discount they are willing to offer... FILED away
                  Letter from Intrum in response to missing PT letter. Of course they believe the agreement in enforceable and want paying . More great advice from ADD+ will send to 2nd agreement to Niddy to be doubly sure and possibly SAR Stepchange as well .

Just waiting for SAR response for Citi Financial , then take it from there

UPDATE: 24/04/18

Received response to SAR. Sent originally to 1st credit. Received a letter from Canada Square operations stating they will be dealing with request. I have received over 400 pages of paperwork. Surprisingly I have received a copy of the EGG loan agreement and credit card agreement made in the early 2000's. These debts are currently owned by Link. I must say I was surprised to see the agreements , baring in mind I had not heard from Link after sending a CCA last year. They have stepped up their phone calls recently. Have I shot myself in the foot by asking for SAR ? Shall I send the EGG agreements to NIDDY to have look at. In terms of Citi financial they have sent another agreement. Apparently according the letter one is the "original CCA" the other is "the current CCA" One has my current address on it the other has my old address on it. It looks like the one sent from 1st credit from CCA request. Shall I send this NIDDY again too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Great Advice from Roger . Thank you

Letter from Intrum dated 24.04.18 informing me of change of name from 1st Credit: Filed

Letter from Intrum dated 15/06/18 offering a reduction off outstanding amount. Ignored filed

Letter from Intrum received today, dated 25/06/18: Heading YOUR ACCOUNT WILL SHORTLY BE PASSED TO OUR INTERNAL LEGAL DEPARTMENT. They go onto to say " your account will be passed our legal department to consider county court proceedings. They then list the consequences of a judgment attachment to earnings , warrant of control charging order. They don't want to pursue this course of action . They have given me 10 days to contact them to prevent further action. Of course I have no intention of contacting them. Do I just wait to hear from their legal department. Just so I'm clear does a letter before claim need to be sent before they actually go ahead and obtain a CCJ?

01/07/18
                  Just a query : After receiving the letter from Intrum I was prompted to finish wading through the the paper work sent by Canada Square ( acting on behalf of Citi ) ; in reposes to my SAR: all 1100 pages I was confused as they sent me details of my old EGG accounts. Roger put me right ,on why this was the case..what a relief. Had a look at the Citi Financial details sent me. I have all the contact details and application dates etc re EGG accounts but not so much for Citi . Canada square sent me the same copy of the credit agreement requested to 1st Credit. The interesting part is the year at the top of agreements is 2008, but they have statements for citi cards dating 2003. According to the wording from Intrum (see above) they are likely to pass onto their legal team for pursue a CCJ. Will this will discrepancy be my defence ? I know I should wait just want to get in mind what my plans will be.

Thanks in advance

Comment

• As I read it you were sent a CCA which Niddy declared to be UE. So if that CCA was received as the result of a formal request, enclosing £1 payment and with the correct wording etc then you are in a strong position. If it was obtained some other way, not as a formal request, then it won't give you the necessary protection and you may now need to make a formal request. What's in the SAR is less important at the moment I think, perhaps 1st credit don't have that info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Selinek View Post
                      Citi financial
                      • Status :defaulted. Defaulted ,dropped off my credit file

01/07/18
                      Just a query : After receiving the letter from Intrum I was prompted to finish wading through the the paper work sent by Canada Square ( acting on behalf of Citi ) ; in reposes to my SAR: all 1100 pages I was confused as they sent me details of my old EGG accounts. Roger put me right ,on why this was the case..what a relief. Had a look at the Citi Financial details sent me. I have all the contact details and application dates etc re EGG accounts but not so much for Citi . Canada square sent me the same copy of the credit agreement requested to 1st Credit. The interesting part is the year at the top of agreements is 2008, but they have statements for citi cards dating 2003. According to the wording from Intrum (see above) they are likely to pass onto their legal team for pursue a CCJ. Will this will discrepancy be my defence ? I know I should wait just want to get in mind what my plans will be.

Thanks in advance
                      Hi

Nice of them to set out the consequences of a judgment. However, first they have to make their case to a Court and get that judgment in their favour. They probably have at least one hurdle to clear, in that Niddy's opinion is that the CCA is unenforceable. There may be other reasons too. Also you are correct that they have to issue a formal Letter Before Claim in the first instance. That is when tactics come into play, and there are timetables laid down for various stages following the LBC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Hi

Nice of them to set out the consequences of a judgment. However, first they have to make their case to a Court and get that judgment in their favour. They probably have at least one hurdle to clear, in that Niddy's opinion is that the CCA is unenforceable. There may be other reasons too. Also you are correct that they have to issue a formal Letter Before Claim in the first instance. That is when tactics come into play, and there are timetables laid down for various stages following the LBC.

Thanks Stilll Waving and Mr K your responses really keep me going...: I am feeling confident that if it comes to it I have a good defence to fight my corner. I take it that citi were clutching at straws digging up an agreement that doesn't relate to an account that was taken out 5 previously.
                        Last edited by Selinek; 1 July 2018, 18:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by MisterK View Post
                          As I read it you were sent a CCA which Niddy declared to be UE. So if that CCA was received as the result of a formal request, enclosing £1 payment and with the correct wording etc then you are in a strong position. If it was obtained some other way, not as a formal request, then it won't give you the necessary protection and you may now need to make a formal request. What's in the SAR is less important at the moment I think, perhaps 1st credit don't have that info.
                          Yes CCA conducted formally as were the SAR, before the 25th May where I paid £10... I could have waited , but I live and learn

Comment

• I’ve noticed that Moorcroft has done a search on my credit file. What would they see and what purpose would they have to do a search ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Selinek View Post
                              I’ve noticed that Moorcroft has done a search on my credit file. What would they see and what purpose would they have to do a search ?
                              It could be to see if anything has changed, or to see if they are likely to be paid If they see the debts you have listed, they will most likely not get the impression that you have a lot of money to pay them with!
                              When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

• Originally posted by Susie View Post

It could be to see if anything has changed, or to see if they are likely to be paid If they see the debts you have listed, they will most likely not get the impression that you have a lot of money to pay them with!
                                Thanks Susie makes sense. All the years I had a DMP not one of the DCA's checked my CR, was bit surprised. They will see a file that is in good condition interested what they plan to do next with the info

Comment

Working...
                                X