GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script At long last I am claiming life back - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At long last I am claiming life back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wescot are only agent for Lloyds hoping to make a commission on any collections, they never own any debts just collectors
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Selinek View Post
      A “true” copy of Agreement bent sent today. Even though my address is there the agreement could be for anything.
      That sounds like a reconstituted credit agreement. Did they say that in the covering letter?

This is a Citi Financial credit card opened before 2007 so can you remember how you opened the account (online, response to a pre-approved invitation letter etc)?

Did you have PPI on the account?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

That sounds like a reconstituted credit agreement. Did they say that in the covering letter?

This is a Citi Financial credit card opened before 2007 so can you remember how you opened the account (online, response to a pre-approved invitation letter etc)?

Did you have PPI on the account?

Di

Hi Di

relooked at the cover letter. It says is a true copy .... later on in the letter explaining the agreement is reconstituted. I applied for card early 200’s or there abouts. I applied online can’t remember if was after an invitation letter. Is it likely to be enforceable? I can’t remember if there was PPI didn’t think to check to be honest
        thanks for any advice Di

Comment

Citi financial
          • Type of account: credit card
          • Date commenced pre 2007
          • Approx balance: £1109
          • Date last paid: 2008
          • on DMP SC
          • Now self managed: Not paid November 2017
          • Account owner : 1st Credit
          • CCA request sent 11/09/17.
          Received letter stating that account is on hold until information has been found.

I know it’s a waiting game
          22/12/17

was only thinking yesterday how quiet it has been. A “true” copy of Agreement bent sent today. Even though my address is there the agreement could be for anything. I could be wrong but I will send to niddy after the festivities. Merry crimbo

29/01/18

Niddy says its . 1st Credit have been in touch expecting to be paid! I would imagine letters and phone calls will start as I am not paying. Any ideas what I do next I don't have the stomach waiting for 6 year statue barred.
          Last edited by Selinek; 30 January 2018, 19:40.

Comment

Lloyd’s TSB
            • Approx balance: £545
            • on DMP SC 21/11/17 cancelled DMP
            • Account owner :Westcot

CCA request sent 11/09/17.

20/09/17 received letter and returned £1 cheque( not one in my name) to either send to the O/C or I request they do it . Not bothered as yet will get onto them

UPDATE: 27/11/17 resent CCA REQUEST making chq payable to LLoyds

UPDATE: 30/12/17

Letter from westcot informing acct on hold until Agreement is found. Take as long as you need !

Update: 29/01/18: Received Reconstituted CCA which looks like Lloyd terms. I applied to TSB in the 90's well before they merged . They have included a poor copy of an agreement for TSB . the date of the signature looks like September 1965 . Clearly I didn't apply then , I wasn't born then.does that make unenforceable? Will send to the man who knows , Niddy
            Last edited by Selinek; 30 January 2018, 19:38.

Comment

westcott lameness DCA commission agents
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

29/01/18

Niddy says its . 1st Credit have been in touch expecting to be paid! I would imagine letters and phone calls will start as I am not paying. Any ideas what I do next I don't have the stomach waiting for 6 year statue barred.
                If Niddy has said that it is U/E......Then if you are chasing the U/E route.......It is a 6 year wait unfortunately......But I can tell you from experience that once you get started......Those 6 years will go quite quickly.......I'm around 5 years in and cant tell you where the time has gone

Have you joined AAD+ ....... There are a whole selection of template letters on there that you can send to creditors to stop them from telephoning you etc........That's what I would reccomend

Send the harassment by telephone letter - Get them to engage in writing only

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post

If Niddy has said that it is U/E......Then if you are chasing the U/E route.......It is a 6 year wait unfortunately......But I can tell you from experience that once you get started......Those 6 years will go quite quickly.......I'm around 5 years in and cant tell you where the time has gone

Have you joined AAD+ ....... There are a whole selection of template letters on there that you can send to creditors to stop them from telephoning you etc........That's what I would reccomend

Send the harassment by telephone letter - Get them to engage in writing only
                  Thanks spud welcome your advice. I will join ADD+ looks like I’m in for long haul. I’ve been “protected” when I was with SC. Being self managed can be a little wobbly. All part of journey I’m beginning to learn

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                    westcott lameness DCA commission agents
                    Regards the shoddy copy I know. The date of signature is my doing! What was I thinking. I would have thought TSB would have returned Agreement back. But hey it was the 90’s

Comment

30th December 2017, 09:53
                      Lloyd’s TSB
                      • Approx balance: £545
                      • on DMP SC 21/11/17 cancelled DMP
                      • Account owner :Westcot

CCA request sent 11/09/17.

20/09/17 received letter and returned £1 cheque( not one in my name) to either send to the O/C or I request they do it . Not bothered as yet will get onto them

UPDATE: 27/11/17 resent CCA REQUEST making chq payable to LLoyds

UPDATE: 30/12/17

Letter from westcot informing acct on hold until Agreement is found. Take as long as you need !

UPDATE : 25/02/18

Niddy says. Wescott are expecting to be paid , don't they all!

Comment

MBNA UPDATE.
                        • CCA request sent September 17
                        • Letter of Acknowledgement of request September 17
                        • UPDATE 30/09/17
                        • Letter from Idem stating they are unable to locate a copy of agreement. They acknowledge they cannot enforce agreement until agreement is located. They went in to say they still plan to pursue debt include registering any defaults and arrears.
                        • This maybe familiar some of you. I’m guessing this is a standard letter. The query I have is can DCA register arrears if Debt has already dropped of my CF ?
                        • 16/10/17 received agreement. Sent off to niddy to have a look
                        30/10/17 Niddy confirmed this . . As I’ve been paying so SB isn’t an option for me sadly. Looking for f& f for definite

01/03/18: Idem Servicing have written after calling countless times a day ,telling me about their concern of them not being able to speak to me about payment . The have suggested that if I don't contact them I will either have some appear on my doorstep , have my acct placed with an external DCA ( Aren't IDEM a DCA?) or consider litigation proceedings. Not frighten of these letters now, well not as much .I will see what they come back with , but send an harassment letter in the mean time
                        Last edited by Selinek; 19 April 2018, 22:43.

Comment

they can record factual defaults and arrears regardless but must be a true record

anybody turns up you do not have to speak to them tell them to depart, and they will. just bad Debt collection tactics.

Comment

Hi Tech, the account has already defaulted and dropped off CF some time ago. From what I understand nothing about the account can re-appear. That is correct right?

Comment

once off it cannot reappear is the rule

Comment

once off it cannot reappear is the rule, (Default)

Comment

Working...
                                X