GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script At long last I am claiming life back - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At long last I am claiming life back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citi financial
    • Type of account: credit card
    • Date commenced pre 2007
    • Approx balance: £1109
    • Date last paid: 2008
    • on DMP SC
    • Account owner : 1st Credit
    • CCA request sent 11/09/17.
    Received letter stating that account is on hold until information has been found.

I know it’s a waiting game
    Last edited by Selinek; 16 October 2017, 11:00.

Comment

Capital One
      • Date commenced :2005
      • Approx balance: £504
      • on DMP SC
      • Account owner : Capital One
      CCA request sent 11/09/17.

Received what looks like an enforceable agreement. Will send to nid when he’s back.

If it’s enforceable what are my chances of a F&F settlement ?
      Last edited by Selinek; 16 October 2017, 10:45.

Comment

Even if an agreement appears to be enforceable there are many other things that would mean they would not win if they prosecuted you. As it has not been sold on, you would probably have more success once it has been sold.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

last paid/acknowledged 2008 then if so statute of limitations kick in i.e. statute barred???
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 16 October 2017, 10:04.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            Even if an agreement appears to be enforceable there are many other things that would mean they would not win if they prosecuted you. As it has not been sold on, you would probably have more success once it has been sold.
            Thought as much. Depending on nid’s review I will consider My next move

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              last paid/acknowledged 2008 then if so statute of limitations kick in i.e. statute barred???
              2008 is when I last paid full agreed amount. Been paying a reduced amount through step change. I only found out what statue barred meant a couple of months ago! If I’d known then what I know now.....
              Last edited by Selinek; 16 October 2017, 11:15.

Comment

paying thr so no clear 6 years or 5 years scotland Thu step change so no clear period then. so await outcome of the CCA response from niddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                  paying thr so no clear 6 years or 5 years scotland Thu step change so no clear period then. so await outcome of the CCA response from niddy.

Hya thanks tech clerk. Do I send everything the agreement and guff that comes with ? There’s an awful lot of pages I admit I haven’t read

Comment

Originally posted by Selinek View Post

Hya thanks tech clerk. Do I send everything the agreement and guff that comes with ? There’s an awful lot of pages I admit I haven’t read
                    Only send the agreement and any Terms and Conditions which purport to relate to the agreement.

Comment

and do not cover any info up, Niddy is registered and no one else will see the info, he then can give you info regarding the content

Comment

Thanks still waving and the tech clerk

Comment

MBNA UPDATE.
                          • CCA request sent September 17
                          • Letter of Acknowledgement of request September 17
                          • UPDATE 30/09/17
                          • Letter from Idem stating they are unable to locate a copy of agreement. They acknowledge they cannot enforce agreement until agreement is located. They went in to say they still plan to pursue debt include registering any defaults and arrears.
                          • This maybe familiar some of you. I’m guessing this is a standard letter. The query I have is can DCA register arrears if Debt has already dropped of my CF ?
                          • 16/10/17 received agreement. Sent off to niddy to have a look

Comment

Capital One
                            • Approx balance: £504
                            • on DMP SC
                            • Account owner : Capital One

Received what looks like an enforceable agreement. Will send to nid when he’s back.

If it’s enforceable what are my chances of a F&F settlement ?

Agreement been sent off to Niddy

Comment

Citi financial
                              • Date commenced pre 2007
                              • Approx balance: £1109
                              • on DMP SC
                              • Status :defaulted. Defaulted ,dropped off my credit file
                              • Account owner : 1st Credit
                              • CCA request sent 11/09/17.
                              Received letter stating that account is on hold until information has been found.

I know it’s a waiting game

20/10/17: received statement of account. No sign of CCA. I’m look to put in F&F is this is a good time or should I wait ?

Comment

Co-op
                                • Approx balance: £932
                                • on DMP SC
                                • Status :defaulted. Due to drop off my credit file 11/11/17
                                • Account owner : link

Received statement of account today , 05/10/17 dated 19 September 2017 . The statement of account goes on to say this notice is given in compliance with the consumer credit act 1974 because you are in arrears with your payments under this agreement. The current arrears represents the outstanding balance as you failed to maintain payments in accordance with the terms of the original agreement so the full amount has become due.

I will send a copy to nid to have a look at. I know it’s not the credit agreement but I wonder if this is anything I need to worry about what do I need to do next if anything

UPDATE
                                28/10/17. Received statement no sign of cca. Default drops off my credit file. 11/11/17. If I have heard nothing by then I plan to make a F&F offer

Comment

Working...
                                X