GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bricktop's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricktop's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bricktop's UE Diary

Hopefully NatWest will keep Apex waiting for a very long time.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nat West Overdraft

19th Nov: Apex - 'Our client has advised due to the age of the account they are unable to provide the original copy of the agreement, find enclosed a copy of a mandate that shows your liability. (nothing enclosed)

I think this letter can go in the storage file and will wait to see what waffle they decide to come up with next

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        Nat West Overdraft

19th Nov: Apex - 'Our client has advised due to the age of the account they are unable to provide the original copy of the agreement, find enclosed a copy of a mandate that shows your liability. (nothing enclosed)

I think this letter can go in the storage file and will wait to see what waffle they decide to come up with next
        A good result for now, As you say, file it away safely
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Well its been about 5 1/2 years and nothing during the whole of 2017

Letter lands out of the blue from AIC asking me to contact them to arrange paying the overdraft, I think I will tell them the good news that Nat West sold them a pup and there is no agreement to be found.

not long to go.........

Comment

• Its been 6 years and 3 weeks since I started the diary.

Will give it a couple more months to be on the safe side but I think I am nearly there

Can't express how much I appreciate all the advice I have been given since joining.

Thanks to you all !

Comment

• My advice would be not to break cover ( Should you ever need to) until a year or more down the line........ if you can......

you have worked hard for this long...... don’t want to go throwing that away if they dispute any dates down the line

Comment

• Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                Its been 6 years and 3 weeks since I started the diary.

Will give it a couple more months to be on the safe side but I think I am nearly there

Can't express how much I appreciate all the advice I have been given since joining.

Thanks to you all !
                Congratulations, I have some that are SB but (as Spud says) I am keeping very quiet at the moment in case they try to dispute anything. At least now you can relax knowing that unless they did try to argue the dates which should be easy to sort out, they can be seen off for good with a letter
                When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

• Congratulations on reaching SB,
                  my Tesco card is now SB as is the UE barclaycard that Robinsonway own (last payment March 2012), unfortunately they don't know this as they sent a Field agent to my house last Wednesday, Or they do and they were hoping to get me to say the account was mine, I very nicely asked him to leave as my Mother had just passed away and was not in the mood to discuss anything, he just carried on talking and as the door lock clicked he said loud enough for any nearby person to hear "I'm here to talk about the debt you owe" I shouted back through the door, Go and check your dates and left him there, Guess who will be getting a letter of complaint as soon as I'm free of the complications of organising a funeral.

Comment

A few credit cards

Quick reference guide with current state of affairs...

MBNA - no agreement found
                    CAP ONE - sent a recon - UE
                    BARCLAYCARD - sent a recon - UE
                    LLOYDS - Sent a recon - UE
                    NAT WEST - Sent a recon - UE
                    EGG - Confirm no agreement found
                    HALIFAX - Confirm no agreement found
                    AMEX - sent a recon - UE

NAT WEST - Overdraft (most posts in overdraft thread but might update in here so I don't lose my place). Sold (?) to Apex Oct 16

The new friends I have made so far.... DLC, Cabot, Moorcroft, Midas, Alpins, Credit Solutions, Triton, Green & Co, UCA, MK Rapid, MKDP, Keynes Collections (last 3 are all the same firm), Fredricksons, Bryan Carter, Firstsource Advantage, Apex, AIC

I've looked back at your first post on this Diary to see what/who you were facing when you started your unenforceable journey in June 2012.

The debt mountain may have seemed insurmountable at the time but you've made it to the Statute Barred finishing post if your last payments were June 2012 and it appears they were all defaulted before that date too.

This must come as a huge relief to you

It also shows that all your hard work and 308 forum posts over the years were worth it.

Di
                    Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 9 July 2018, 20:55. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Thanks

At the start of this I was getting up to 6/7 phone calls per day, every day and I am not surprised some people are tipped over the edge.

things I learned that were a big help.....

1. Don't give out security details via phone so as to not engage in a conversation with them
                      2. Change all phone numbers and do not give them out
                      3. Change bank to one that I don't 'allegedly hold a debt' with to avoid any 'internal transfer of funds'
                      4. Everything in writing and save it all, I have a separate box file for each of my friends
                      5. Don't pay or admit to anything
                      6. Use the template letters
                      7. Read as many diaries on here as possible to see how things work

At the start I was also quick on replying to them, I since learned that dragging responses out is a lot better as it can add weeks to the back and forth and all those extra weeks add up.
                      Last edited by Bricktop; 15 July 2018, 00:26.

Comment

• Well done Bricktop, these are exactly the rules I follow myself.

No.2 (Change all phone numbers and do not give them out) makes a vast difference especially in the first few months and especially with those who find the stress of the phone constantly ringing a bit difficult to handle. I know it's possible to get BT etc to block calls but it's never 100% and so doesn't really take the stress away. There is nothing like being able to pick up the phone knowing that it can't possibly be a DCA.

No.7 (Read as many diaries on here as possible to see how things work) can take a long time and I have spent very many hours doing just that, but it is very well worth it and I would put this at No.1. Niddy's tremendous contributions in previous years are invaluable as of course are Di Mayhew's more recently. Not to mention all the moderators etc.

Comment

• Been a couple of years since I posted in this thread.

Latest update - I might have had a couple of letters last year, I didn't waste a stamp on them by replying, I just filed with all the other junk mail in my file boxes, I have kept everything from day one just in case.

I am just keeping my head down, am well past statute barred on all the CC debts. Even Nat West with the overdraft gave up (which I thought was a 'bad un' to fight).

As Diana has mentioned a couple of posts above, it does seem that you will never see the end of it but good results are obtainable, you just need to have faith in the processes advised on this forum, follow that advice, keep things going at a snails pace, no point in rushing to answer someone by return when they give you a month to respond, take the month.

One of the things that was a big eye opener for me was the diary entries, they showed that most of the DCA's have no clue other than blast out template letters, don't fall for it. Read any letters you get carefully, they 'could' do this, they 'could' do that, don't let it worry you, I could run naked down the street, doesn't mean I am going to.

That said, do not leave yourself open in anyway, before writing something if you are unsure then ask on here first. Far better to ask first on here rather than do your own thing and mess something up. Use the template letters wherever possible.

Any time I hear of someone in debt trouble I always point them to this forum and I hope you all do the same.

Good luck with your battles.

Comment

Been a couple of years since I posted in this thread.

Latest update - I might have had a couple of letters last year, I didn't waste a stamp on them by replying, I just filed with all the other junk mail in my file boxes, I have kept everything from day one just in case.

I am just keeping my head down, am well past statute barred on all the CC debts. Even Nat West with the overdraft gave up (which I thought was a 'bad un' to fight).

As Diana has mentioned a couple of posts above, it does seem that you will never see the end of it but good results are obtainable, you just need to have faith in the processes advised on this forum, follow that advice, keep things going at a snails pace, no point in rushing to answer someone by return when they give you a month to respond, take the month.

One of the things that was a big eye opener for me was the diary entries, they showed that most of the DCA's have no clue other than blast out template letters, don't fall for it. Read any letters you get carefully, they 'could' do this, they 'could' do that, don't let it worry you, I could run naked down the street, doesn't mean I am going to.

That said, do not leave yourself open in anyway, before writing something if you are unsure then ask on here first. Far better to ask first on here rather than do your own thing and mess something up. Use the template letters wherever possible.

Any time I hear of someone in debt trouble I always point them to this forum and I hope you all do the same.

Good luck with your battles.

What a great post - it's living proof that the AAD Process works.

Thank you for encouraging others.

Di

Comment

• It's been nearly 10 years since I started this diary and 18 months after that last post I made.

Today a bottom feeder writes to me about Capital One.

At some point they may give up.

But I doubt it............

Comment

It's been nearly 10 years since I started this diary and 18 months after that last post I made.

Today a bottom feeder writes to me about Capital One.

At some point they may give up.

But I doubt it............
                                Hi

We joined AAD at about the same time. My alleged creditors have all been SB for almost 4 years now. I get the very occasional begging letter in respect of one or two, but not often enough to be a nuisance. I just add them to the file. One of these days I may just point out SB to them, but only when I can be bothered to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X