GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 925pws UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

925pws UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 925pws UE diary

Update Halifax

• Type of account: CC 2
    • Date commenced: 10 + years
    • Approx balance: £12,000
    • Date last paid May 2012
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying: not paying from June
    • Status up to date
    • Account owner: Halifax

06/06/12 cancelled DMP
    06/06/12 requested CCA
    09/07/12 reconstituted CCA received and emailed to Niddy for comment
    12/07/12 Niddy says
    23/07/12 Sent MPT letter as well as Harassment Letter nicely rolled in to one
    30/07/12 Letter received from Halifax stating you have not paid - no shit Sherlock!
    20/08/12 Letter received from Halifax asking me to call to arrange payment - don't think so matey
    25/08/12 Letter received asking for payment or they will call the house.
    28/08/12 Sent doorstep visit letter as wasn't sure if they meant phone the house or call. In any case they have yet to respond to the harassment letter and MPT letter I sent. Think they are getting their knickers in a twist over these letters
    15/09/12 DN received from Halifax. Filed.
    09/12 Sent another harassment letter.
    09/12 Received letter stating they are transferring this to a DCA. Filed for now.
    29/09/12 Received letter from Halifax asking for my I&E and list of creditors to come to an arrangement for repaying. Filed.
    06/10/12 Received a lovely letter from Albion DCA introducing themselves as now dealing with this account and asking me nicely IN BIG RED LETTERS to pay £12k.
    08/10/12 Sent Sold in Dispute letter as suggested.
    23/06/14 Debt now transferred to Wetcots.
    24/06/14 Sent Sold in Dispute letter.
    07/07/14 Received letter to say they are now dealing with my request.

Nothing more to do at this stage but wait on the next tree to be cut down and the paper that ensues. Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Comment

Update
      MBNA

• Type of account: CC3
      • Date commenced: 2010
      • Approx balance: £8000
      • Date last paid: May 2012
      • Status up to date but reduced from 1st June
      • Account owner: MBNA

06/06/12 cancelled DMP
      06/06/12 requested CCA
      23/06/12 received CCA
      25/06/12 Niddy says
      23/07/12 Sent MPT letter as blagging for now.
      10/08/12 Received letter from MBNA stating they believe they have complied with CCA request and the agreement is in order as original was sent.
      15/09/12 Letter received saying they have placed a hold on my credit card. Filed.
      16/02/12 Received letter saying if I would like to make them a reasonable offer on the debt they will consider it. Filed
      29/03/13 Received letter from Aktiv Kapital saying they are now dealing and to make payment.
      07/02/14 latest letter received from MK Rapid Recoveries asking me to call them to make arrangements to pay the outstanding balance
      20/02/14 Sent Final Response - UE letter
      Feb-July Various letters saying dealing with request for CCA. Ignored.
      07/07/14 Received letter enclosing CCA
      08/07/14 Sent missing prescribed terms letter.

Received letter on Saturday which I don't understand, can someone please help?

States: "Please find enclosed copy of the credit agreement pertaining to your account along with the accompanying prescribed terms and conditions. I understand that you have also requested a full statement of your account, please note that this request is not applicable for documents under section 77-78 CCA 1974. A copy of statements that relate to consecutive periods not a full statements of account must be provided, please refer to section 77A (1) for further information."

Many, many thanks.

Comment

Never rains but pours! Another update and help needed please.

MBNA

06/06/12 cancelled DMP
        06/06/12 requested CCA
        23/06/12 received CCA
        25/06/12 Niddy says
        10/08/12 Received letter from MBNA stating they believe they have complied with CCA request and the agreement is in order as original was sent.
        15/09/12 Letter received saying they have placed a hold on my credit card. Filed.
        16/02/12 Received letter saying if I would like to make them a reasonable offer on the debt they will consider it. Filed
        29/03/13 Received letter from MKDP saying they are now dealing and to make payment.
        Jan 14 Sent sold in dispute
        Feb 14 Received CCA
        Feb 14 Sent MPT letter.
        19/07/14 Received long letter from MKDP as below.

Really don't understand this letter received. Very long, referring to my MPT letter and enclosing all documents from B/card and saying they believe they have fulfilled their legal obligation. They do not class the account to be in dispute nor do they consider it to be unenforceable and I have been supplied with all relevant documention under Section 78. They say they will resume attempts to contact me to discuss a suitable repayment method regarding this account. Please also note this was sent recorded.

I really need help.

Many thanks as always.

Comment

If you want to keep blagging I would send http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...cept-ue-status

The fact that the second letter was sent recorded delivery and it's from MKDP doesn't bode well I fear. I haven't read back through your diary so I don't know your circumstances. Would you be able to get hold of any money to make a F&F settlement should it become necessary?
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many thanks. I guess the length of this letter and the recorded delivery did give me a sinking feeling. How much are we talking about in relation to F&F do you think?

Comment

You can never tell with F&F settlements. The general rule is to start at 10%.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie. I am going to offer an F&F, I have looked at the calculations so will base it on that. Since I am making it on this debt would you reckon I should also make it on the others?

Can you or someone else tell me also how much DCAs normally purchase the debt for?

Thanks so much.

Comment

I certainly wouldn't bother with the UE ones! It's up to you if you want to make offers with the other enforceable ones or if you want to continue blagging and only make an offer if they get heavy.

How much the dcas purchase debts for doesn't really have any bearing on how much they'll accept. It's more about how much they think they can get from you...that's why it's best to start with a very low offer and work your way up to what you can afford

Not many debts are actually sold on...they're just passed to different dcas. If a debt is sold you should get a letter telling you that it has been sold....not just a letter saying that they've been asked to collect the debt or that they are now dealing with it. When they are sold it's for a few pence in the £.

Comment

MBNA

06/06/12 cancelled DMP
                    06/06/12 requested CCA
                    23/06/12 received CCA
                    25/06/12 Niddy says
                    29/03/13 Received letter from MKDP saying they are now dealing and to make payment.
                    Jan 14 Sent sold in dispute
                    Feb 14 Received CCA
                    Feb 14 Sent MPT letter.
                    19/07/14 Received long letter from MKDP sent recorded.
                    22/07/14 Sent a 'testing the water' F&F letter
                    28/07/14 Received letter with counter offer for F&F

Hi folks, I sent a testing the water F&F and have received a letter back with an offer which is still too high for me. I'm assuming sending another counter offer would be the best way forward for this one? I was thinking of sending the one in the templates section that highlights they are one of many debts etc, etc. What do you think?

Comment

definitely use the template, as it will help establish in their wee brains that this is what you have. if they don't accept the next offer, I would leave it did you start at about 10%?

Comment

Actually MrsD I started at 6%! Based on what I can pull together 10% might well be the highest I could go so I thought going in at 6% would give me room to move up to my maximum. They have offered me a 40% reduction lol.

Comment

well done, they always come back with a stupid offer, so if you want to up it a bit to 8.5% using Niddy's template let's see where that goes

Comment

Originally posted by 925pws View Post
                            Actually MrsD I started at 6%! Based on what I can pull together 10% might well be the highest I could go so I thought going in at 6% would give me room to move up to my maximum. They have offered me a 40% reduction lol.
                            Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                            well done, they always come back with a stupid offer, so if you want to up it a bit to 8.5% using Niddy's template let's see where that goes
                            40% reduction is actually not a bad start from a DCA - shows there may be room to go further, though perhaps not to the 10% you're suggesting but don't ask don't get. This is the template you need:

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...ttlement-offer

Best
                            SnV
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Thanks MrsD and SnV. I appreciate 10% is low and I may be able to get that up a little at a push but I will utilise all the templates on here to get the best deal I can based on my circumstances.

Your support and help is always appreciated. Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by 925pws View Post
                                Thanks MrsD and SnV. I appreciate 10% is low and I may be able to get that up a little at a push but I will utilise all the templates on here to get the best deal I can based on my circumstances.

Your support and help is always appreciated. Thank you so much.
                                You're welcome - and remember they cannot get blood out of a stone, if 10% is your max then thats it. Also offering a settlement figure, which you can demonstrate is the maximum you can afford, if they reject that offer and then subsequently write to you putting more pressure on you, or threaten doorstep visits etc, can land them in breach of FCA guidelines, and also gives YOU more ammunition, so this is not effort wasted on your part.
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                                X