GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 925pws UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

925pws UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 925pws UE diary

Originally posted by 925pws View Post
    UPDATE:

Halifax
    • Type of account: Loan
    • Date commenced: 2009
    • Approx balance: 12,000
    • Date last paid: May
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying: not paying from June
    • Status default
    • Account owner: Blair, Oliver & Scott

06/06/12 cancelled DMP
    06/06/12 requested CCA
    25/06/12 received CCA
    26/06/12 emailed CCA to Niddy and will await his suggestions
    26/06/12 Niddy says

14/07/12 Letter from Blair, Oliver, Scott saying they are servicing this a/c. Filed.
    23/07/12 Sent MPT letter to BOS.
    26/07/12 Bunch of phoned my work this morning. Have just sent off Harrassment letter.
    03/08/12 Letter from Halifax stating: sorry you have had to complain, we are looking in to this and will respond in due course. Filed
    10/08/12 Letter from BOS saying I haven't paid. Have filed as they still haven't answered my letter of 3rd which contained MPT and Harrassment points.
    20/08/12 Letter from Halifax advising I haven't paid. Filed.
    25/08/12 Letter from BOS threatening all kinds of things if I don't pay immediately or contact them to arrange payment.
    28/08/12 Sent doorstep visit letter.
    03/09/12 Received letter from BOS, threatening all kinds of things yet again. Think my doorstep letter crossed in post with it. Will file for now unless anyone thinks they would deal with it differently? Filed.
    10/09/12 Received letter from Halifax in reference to my MPT lett
    er, basically saying this account is EN and nothing was missing. They are correct as I'm blagging this. Have just filed this.
    15/09/12 Received letter from BOS with a large box typed on it with the words INTENTION TO COMMENCE COURT PROCEEDINGS. It goes on to say that Halifax have instructed them to commence court proceedings so phone them to stop this action being taken.
    09/12 Sent Threat to Commence Litigation letter to BOS
    29/09/12 Received letter from dysdenfairfax (they have now taken over from BOS), they acknowledge receipt of my threat o gram letter and are going to contact my creditor. In meantime it has been placed on hold.
    Oct 12 Received letter from Halifax stating they have complied with my request and if I have any problems to go directly to FOS, they consider matter closed.
    06/12/12 Received letter from Wetcloths to say they are dealing and to pay up.

Am I correct in assuming Sold in Dispute letter should be sent? Thank you as always.
    That's what I would send..........
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Am I correct in assuming Sold in Dispute letter should be sent? Thank you as always.
      That is what I would do. Possibly leave it until the end of the week before replying, so the letter arrives early next week and they won't really have time to do anything else before the break?

SH

EDIT - Posts crossed with I2D - at least we all agree so there is no confusion!
      Last edited by ScabHunter; 10 December 2012, 09:22. Reason: Posts crossed again

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
        That is what I would do. Possibly leave it until the end of the week before replying, so the letter arrives early next week and they won't really have time to do anything else before the break?

SH

EDIT - Posts crossed with I2D - at least we all agree so there is no confusion!
        Fab idea about delaying till beginning of next week. Will do. That's for the suggestion.

Comment

UPDATE:

Halifax
          • Type of account: Loan
          • Date commenced: 2009
          • Approx balance: 12,000
          • Date last paid: May
          • Status default
          • Account owner: Blair, Oliver & Scott

06/06/12 cancelled DMP
          06/06/12 requested CCA
          25/06/12 received CCA
          26/06/12 emailed CCA to Niddy and will await his suggestions
          26/06/12 Niddy says

14/07/12 Letter from Blair, Oliver, Scott saying they are servicing this a/c. Filed.
          23/07/12 Sent MPT letter to BOS.
          26/07/12 Bunch of phoned my work this morning. Have just sent off Harrassment letter.
          03/08/12 Letter from Halifax stating: sorry you have had to complain, we are looking in to this and will respond in due course. Filed
          10/08/12 Letter from BOS saying I haven't paid. Have filed as they still haven't answered my letter of 3rd which contained MPT and Harrassment points.
          20/08/12 Letter from Halifax advising I haven't paid. Filed.
          25/08/12 Letter from BOS threatening all kinds of things if I don't pay immediately or contact them to arrange payment.
          28/08/12 Sent doorstep visit letter.
          03/09/12 Received letter from BOS, threatening all kinds of things yet again. Think my doorstep letter crossed in post with it. Will file for now unless anyone thinks they would deal with it differently? Filed.
          10/09/12 Received letter from Halifax in reference to my MPT lett
          er, basically saying this account is EN and nothing was missing. They are correct as I'm blagging this. Have just filed this.
          15/09/12 Received letter from BOS with a large box typed on it with the words INTENTION TO COMMENCE COURT PROCEEDINGS. It goes on to say that Halifax have instructed them to commence court proceedings so phone them to stop this action being taken.
          09/12 Sent Threat to Commence Litigation letter to BOS
          29/09/12 Received letter from dysdenfairfax (they have now taken over from BOS), they acknowledge receipt of my threat o gram letter and are going to contact my creditor. In meantime it has been placed on hold.
          Oct 12 Received letter from Halifax stating they have complied with my request and if I have any problems to go directly to FOS, they consider matter closed.
          Dec/12 Sent Sold in Dispute letter.
          05/01/13 Received letter to say they will not pursue while dealing with my query. Filed.

Comment

UPDATE:

Barclaycard
            • Type of account: CC1
            • Date commenced: 2011
            • Approx balance: 4800
            • Date last paid: 15th May
            • Account owner: Barclaycard

06/06/12 cancelled DMP
            06/06/12 requested CCA

15/06/12 letter received from B/card: received my CCA request, will be in contact soon - filed - no action required.
            01/09/12 Letter received to say I haven't paid. Filed.
            24/11/12
            Letter received from Mercers saying they are dealing and to pay up.
            27/11/12 Sent harassment letter and sold while in dispute letter.
            01/12/12 Received email. Ignored.
            06/12/12 Received letter sorry for phoning me so will deal with me in writing. Have credited £50 to my account. They acknowledge they have not sent CCA as there is a backlog. Filed.
            05/01/13 Received letter from Mercers telling me to pay now.

Seems they have ignored the Sold in Dispute letter, should I just send another one? Barclaycrap haven't sent the CCA yet either. Thanks kind folks.

Comment

Seems they have ignored the Sold in Dispute letter, should I just send another one? Barclaycrap haven't sent the CCA yet either. Thanks kind folks.
              You could re-send that, or send a one-liner referring to their own letter of 6th December 2012 in which they acknowledged being in default of your s. 78 request, or you could just ignore it.

I'd probably just ignore it, because I know that Sharklaycard and their associates send out a ton of crap, and if you respond to it all you will spend more in postage than you would need to clear the alleged debt. This is not relevant, so I would ignore it and wait for the next one.

If you did want to send something, I'd just say something like -

"I am in receipt of your letter dated xx/01/2013.

I refer you to your own letter of 06/12/12, in which you acknowledged being in default of my s. 78 request of 06/06/12. Note that the default endures."

SH

Comment

UPDATE:

Barclaycard

06/06/12 cancelled DMP
                06/06/12 requested CCA

15/06/12 letter received from B/card: received my CCA request, will be in contact soon - filed - no action required.
                24/11/12
                06/12/12 Received letter sorry for phoning me so will deal with me in writing. Have credited £50 to my account. They acknowledge they have not sent CCA as there is a backlog. Filed.
                05/01/13 Received letter from Mercers telling me to pay now.
                23/01/13 Received letter from Barclaycrap in response to my harassment letter sent in November! They say they will correspond in writing on but I am in arrears and to make payment.

Should I just file for now as they have yet to send me CCA?

Many thanks one and all.

Comment

Should I just file for now as they have yet to send me CCA?
                  I would just ignore it, because it is obvious that something has gone wrong with their system. They sent a reply on 6th December last year, and now they have sent another one! Unless there is a specific threat of legal action included in this one, I'd just leave it alone.

SH

Comment

Update
                    • Type of account: CC 2
                    • Date commenced: 10 + years
                    • Approx balance: £12,000
                    • Date last paid May 2012
                    • Status up to date
                    • Account owner: Halifax

06/06/12 cancelled DMP
                    06/06/12 requested CCA
                    09/07/12 reconstituted CCA received and emailed to Niddy for comment
                    12/07/12 Niddy says
                    23/07/12 Sent MPT letter as well as Harassment Letter nicely rolled in to one
                    30/07/12 Letter received from Halifax stating you have not paid - no shit Sherlock!
                    20/08/12 Letter received from Halifax asking me to call to arrange payment - don't think so matey
                    25/08/12 Letter received asking for payment or they will call the house.
                    28/08/12 Sent doorstep visit letter as wasn't sure if they meant phone the house or call. In any case they have yet to respond to the harassment letter and MPT letter I sent. Think they are getting their knickers in a twist over these letters
                    15/09/12 DN received from Halifax. Filed.
                    09/12 Sent another harassment letter.
                    09/12 Received letter stating they are transferring this to a DCA. Filed for now.
                    29/09/12 Received letter from Halifax asking for my I&E and list of creditors to come to an arrangement for repaying. Filed.
                    06/10/12 Received a lovely letter from Albion DCA introducing themselves as now dealing with this account and asking me nicely IN BIG RED LETTERS to pay £12k.
                    08/10/12 Sent Sold in Dispute letter as suggested.
                    11/12 Received text asking me to contact them - Ignored.
                    12/12 Received letter saying to send I&E - Ignored.
                    01/02/13 Received letter from Halifax saying they have passed debt on to Moorcrap. Whatever happened to Albion
                    01/02/13 Received letter from Moorcrap asking me to contact them and pay up. Don't think so.

Should I send sold in dispute? This is UE. Thanks as always.

Comment

Update
                      • Type of account: CC 2
                      • Date commenced: 10 + years
                      • Approx balance: £12,000
                      • Date last paid May 2012
                      • Status up to date
                      • Account owner: Halifax

06/06/12 cancelled DMP
                      06/06/12 requested CCA
                      09/07/12 reconstituted CCA received and emailed to Niddy for comment
                      12/07/12 Niddy says
                      23/07/12 Sent MPT letter as well as Harassment Letter nicely rolled in to one
                      30/07/12 Letter received from Halifax stating you have not paid - no shit Sherlock!
                      20/08/12 Letter received from Halifax asking me to call to arrange payment - don't think so matey
                      25/08/12 Letter received asking for payment or they will call the house.
                      28/08/12 Sent doorstep visit letter as wasn't sure if they meant phone the house or call. In any case they have yet to respond to the harassment letter and MPT letter I sent. Think they are getting their knickers in a twist over these letters
                      15/09/12 DN received from Halifax. Filed.
                      09/12 Sent another harassment letter.
                      09/12 Received letter stating they are transferring this to a DCA. Filed for now.
                      29/09/12 Received letter from Halifax asking for my I&E and list of creditors to come to an arrangement for repaying. Filed.
                      06/10/12 Received a lovely letter from Albion DCA introducing themselves as now dealing with this account and asking me nicely IN BIG RED LETTERS to pay £12k.
                      08/10/12 Sent Sold in Dispute letter as suggested.
                      11/12 Received text asking me to contact them - Ignored.
                      12/12 Received letter saying to send I&E - Ignored.
                      01/02/13 Received letter from Halifax saying they have passed debt on to Moorcrap. Whatever happened to Albion
                      01/02/13 Received letter from Moorcrap asking me to contact them and pay up. Don't think so.

Should I send sold in dispute? This is UE. Thanks as always.
                      Yes........... that's what I would do............
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

UPDATE:

Barclaycard

06/06/12 cancelled DMP
                        06/06/12 requested CCA

24/11/12
                        05/01/13 Received letter from Mercers telling me to pay now. Ignored.
                        23/01/13 Received letter from Barclaycrap in response to my harassment letter sent in November! They say they will correspond in writing on but I am in arrears and to make payment. Ignored.
                        08/02/13 Received letter from Mercers telling me they are now passing to Calder Financial.

I'm assuming just wait and see what cr@p they send next is the best course of action? I don't really understand why they are passing this on as in the next sentence they say that Calder is a trading name of Mercers???
                        Last edited by 925pws; 12 February 2013, 08:23.

Comment

I'm assuming just wait and see what cr@p they send next is the best course of action? I don't really understand why they are passing this on as in the next sentence they say that Calder is a trading name of Mercers???
                          All part of the same sordid organisation. Yes, just leave it until you hear from the monkey on the next desk. Then, you'll probably send a Sold in Dispute letter, even though nothing has been sold or even assigned outside of the same primate cage. Who cares, as long as the system works?

SH

Comment

UPDATE:

MBNA
                            • Type of account: CC3
                            • Date commenced: 2010
                            • Approx balance: £8000
                            • Date last paid: May 2012
                            • Status up to date but reduced from 1st June
                            • Account owner: MBNA

06/06/12 cancelled DMP
                            06/06/12 requested CCA
                            23/06/12 received CCA
                            25/06/12 Niddy says
                            23/07/12 Sent MPT letter as blagging for now.
                            10/08/12 Received letter from MBNA stating they believe they have complied with CCA request and the agreement is in order as original was sent.
                            15/09/12 Letter received saying they have placed a hold on my credit card. Filed.
                            16/02/12 Received letter saying if I would like to make them a reasonable offer on the debt they will consider it.

Not sure if I mentioned it but I was made redundant in September last year and still haven't found any work. Do you think it worth making an offer, if so, what would they normally sell to a DCA for? I just got statutory redundancy but I do have a tiny bit left. As this is EN should I consider making an offer?

Thanks folks.

Comment

Not sure if I mentioned it but I was made redundant in September last year and still haven't found any work. Do you think it worth making an offer, if so, what would they normally sell to a DCA for? I just got statutory redundancy but I do have a tiny bit left. As this is EN should I consider making an offer?

Thanks folks.
                              I wouldn't.

If you are still out of work, you will need to keep every penny of what you have for essential living expenses.

Is this still with the original creditor? If it is, it is very unusual for them to be making offers. Perhaps they just want you to acknowledge the alleged debt in writing, and they will reject the offer. I take it you have stopped paying this completely?

If it is an £8000 alleged debt you need to keep blagging while you're on benefits. If they went to court they would get £1 a month and it would take forever for them to get their expenses back. You also need to give them a chance to default you and sell it to a DCA. They may make a mess of the default, which will give you a possible defence in court, and in any case a DCA is far more likely to consider a low settlement offer than the original creditor.

SH

Comment

Mate, agree with SH.

It's a no brainer really. You will need every penny you have to survive your redundancy.

Comment

Working...
                                X