GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with Unenforceability [UPDATED 01/2020] - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Unenforceability [UPDATED 01/2020]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help with Unenforceability

Originally posted by cookie2112 View Post
    You probably already know this, but just in case...don't do anything over the telephone with them, you will not have any proof of the conversations that you have had and might need to produce evidence in the future, so everything has to be in writing! I'm learning too!
    hi thank you. I changed my numbers years ago so they don't have my telephone numbers. just I get lots of letters, then nothing for months, then threatening letters, and sometimes its difficult to know whether and what to ignore and what needs and requires an response. thanks

Comment

hi can anyone help me with this at all? I re-registered and all complete.

Comment

Sorry for the inactivity.

Right so please remind us of

the balance
        the original creditor
        the date last paid

thanks.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Sorry for the inactivity.

Right so please remind us of

the balance
          the original creditor
          the date last paid

thanks.
          hi,
          the original creditor was HBOS, sold to 1st credit approx. july 2012
          Balance £14,507 (a few grand of this has been interest and extra charges after I stopped paying)
          I need to double check the date last paid but its approx January of either 2010 or 2011. (def one of these 2, I just need to dig out the paperwork). As I had said above they had sent me letters threatening doorstep agent and chasing payment. I didn't reply, then 3 letters in one week, 1 asking payment within 14 days, the other said that they could help me repay and the third was an offer to pay back the balance and they gave me £3k reduction. I just ignored all these and that was about 2 weeks ago, gone quiet again probably not for long. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Aile5 View Post
            hi,
            the original creditor was HBOS, sold to 1st credit approx. july 2012
            Balance £14,507 (a few grand of this has been interest and extra charges after I stopped paying)
            I need to double check the date last paid but its approx January of either 2010 or 2011. (def one of these 2, I just need to dig out the paperwork). As I had said above they had sent me letters threatening doorstep agent and chasing payment. I didn't reply, then 3 letters in one week, 1 asking payment within 14 days, the other said that they could help me repay and the third was an offer to pay back the balance and they gave me £3k reduction. I just ignored all these and that was about 2 weeks ago, gone quiet again probably not for long. Thanks
            Can you now send a CCA Request to 1st Credit --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...22-cca-request

** You must login to the templates first, then come back and click the link above. Lets see whether they can provide the agreement. You have my email address so when they send the CCA Documents, email me a copy of whatever is sent...
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Can you now send a CCA Request to 1st Credit --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...22-cca-request

** You must login to the templates first, then come back and click the link above. Lets see whether they can provide the agreement. You have my email address so when they send the CCA Documents, email me a copy of whatever is sent...
              Hi
              Thanks for reply, though have sent all the letters and they did sent paperwork. Same stuff I received 4 years ago as this has been going on since then from I stopped paying, but have emailed you as requested.thanks

Comment

Ok I'll reply via email & update this in a bit.

Comment

Hi Niddy and thanks for your help in getting me started.

I've sent a CCA request to Grattan Catalogue and have received this reply:

Dear

Your email has been passed for my attention with regard to the above numbered account.

With regard to your request for a copy of the agreement unfortunately your request for information under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not comply with the requirements for such under the act, and therefore we are under no obligation to furnish you with the information requested.

I trust this resolves your enquiry, if I can be of any further assistance please contact me.

Yours sincerely

Have you any advice for what to do next please?

Comment

Originally posted by Gizler View Post
                    Hi Niddy and thanks for your help in getting me started.

I've sent a CCA request to Grattan Catalogue and have received this reply:

Dear

Your email has been passed for my attention with regard to the above numbered account.

With regard to your request for a copy of the agreement unfortunately your request for information under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not comply with the requirements for such under the act, and therefore we are under no obligation to furnish you with the information requested.

I trust this resolves your enquiry, if I can be of any further assistance please contact me.

Yours sincerely

Have you any advice for what to do next please?

Can you tell us a bit more please ie......

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi of course

• Date commenced 02/12/2002

• Approx balance £801

• Date last paid July 2009

• Are you on arrangement or not paying Not Paying

• Status 07/06/2012

Comment

Ok so it's a catalogue so you MUST edit the template from s.77 / s.79 to read s.78 as you're doing a s.78 request. Plus you must send £1 for the info.

Did you do both, if you asked for s.78 but sent the £1 then they're being pedantic and I'll sort you a response. If you didn't pay the £1 then you need to resubmit the request with £1.

to access our templates read this and join with the same user details as here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-New-Templates

** Edit, some typo's above so straightened post out.

Comment

That debt is SB next July as well.....

Comment

Ok so it's a catalogue so you MUST edit the template from s.78 to read s.79 as you're doing a s.79 request. Plus you must send £1 for the info.

Did you do both, if you asked for s.78 but sent the £1 then they're being pedantic and I'll sort you a response. If you didn't pay the £1 then you need to resubmit the correct request with £1.

to access our templates read this and join with the same user details as here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-New-Templates

S79 is HP ?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/79

79 Duty to give hirer information.

(1)The owner under a regulated consumer hire agreement, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the hirer and payment of a fee of [F1£1], shall give to the hirer a copy of the executed agreement and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the owner showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer, the total sum which has become payable under the agreement by the hirer but remains unpaid and the various amounts comprised in that total sum, with the date when each became due.
                            (2)Subsection (1) does not apply to—
                            (a)an agreement under which no sum is, or will or may become, payable by the hirer, or
                            (b)a request made less than one month after a previous request under that subsection relating to the same agreement was complied with.
                            (3)If the owner under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—
                            (a)he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement;F2. . .
                            (b)F2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
                            (4)This section does not apply to a non-commercial agreement.

Catalogues are usually running account i.e. s78

M1

Comment

Sorry my bad - bloody iPhone!! Move everything down one. It's a s.78 you should be doing not a s.77. Dunno where s79 came from

Thanks & well spotted M1. Original post edited to avoid confusion....

Comment

Hi sounds like I've balls'd up.

I used a template letter from another website. Just checked and although it says; FORMAL COMPLAINT UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 2006 COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE

NOTICE TO CORRECT DATA UNDER DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998, there is no mention of any particular section of the acts.

I'll send the correct template cheers
                                Last edited by Gizler; 22 June 2014, 20:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X