GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with Unenforceability [UPDATED 01/2020] - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Unenforceability [UPDATED 01/2020]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help with Unenforceability

Hiya
    Ok just updating, as you said I sent nothing to them. Just received a letter stating in big red header FINAL NOTICE. Pay full amount within 10days or collection activity will resume which will result in doorstep visit or legal action. Any advice on what to do now? Thanks again
    Aile

Comment

Originally posted by Aile5 View Post
      Hiya
      Ok just updating, as you said I sent nothing to them. Just received a letter stating in big red header FINAL NOTICE. Pay full amount within 10days or collection activity will resume which will result in doorstep visit or legal action. Any advice on what to do now? Thanks again
      Aile
      Send one of these: ---> Threat by Creditor - Enough is Enough Response
      Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 4 January 2012, 05:25. Reason: link replacement
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Right, all this is new to me and still trying to work it out, as many of you know PPI is more my subject.

What are the chances of a 2007 credit card agreement being unenforceable? My hubby's is signed and dated 14 Sept 2009, its an active account.

Niddy, have send you this one I think yesterday, send after the lloyds loan agreement.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Right, all this is new to me and still trying to work it out, as many of you know PPI is more my subject.

What are the chances of a 2007 credit card agreement being unenforceable? My hubby's is signed and dated 14 Sept 2009, its an active account.

Niddy, have send you this one I think yesterday, send after the lloyds loan agreement.

Cheers.
          None whatsoever as s.127 was repealed for anything before April 2007 so forget UE, in that respect!

Obviously I'll not reply regards email, as it will be enforceable.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            None whatsoever as s.127 was repealed for anything before April 2007 so forget UE, in that respect!

Obviously I'll not reply regards email, as it will be enforceable.

lol, cheers Niddy.

Comment

Hi NID

After all being quiet for a while, sent off enough is enough and today received letter saying once again Westcot is going to contact their client with regards to my letter and get back to me yet again!What should I do now? thanks once again.
              Aile

Comment

Originally posted by Aile5 View Post
                Hi NID

After all being quiet for a while, sent off enough is enough and today received letter saying once again Westcot is going to contact their client with regards to my letter and get back to me yet again!What should I do now? thanks once again.
                Aile
                Just ignore see what they do next
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all, Niddy,
                  I have been going through an agreement I have with GE Money on a car loan, the original loan amount was 4673.78 interest at 5.2% is 1204.42. Charge for credit is 1503.42. please could some explain to me what charge for credit is? and is it legal/reclaimable? Thanks MACO

Comment

Originally posted by MACO View Post
                    Hi all, Niddy,
                    I have been going through an agreement I have with GE Money on a car loan, the original loan amount was 4673.78 interest at 5.2% is 1204.42. Charge for credit is 1503.42. please could some explain to me what charge for credit is? and is it legal/reclaimable? Thanks MACO
                    See my signature - send me it and i'll let you know!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      See my signature - send me it and i'll let you know!
                      Hi Niddy'
                      Cant make this out, nothing seems to add up! If you take the amount of
                      loan 4673.78 add the interest of 1204.42 = 5878.20 take this from total
                      amount payable of 6377.20 this leaves 499.00? whats happened to th charge
                      for credit of 1503.42. Then just to confuse things more 60 payments at 97.97
                      + 299 final payment = 6197.20. 180 short of the total amount payable.

Or Assuming that the charge for credit is already factored into the amount of loan 4673.78
                      add interest 1204.42= 5878.20 I have been over charged by 499. Am i getting this right?

Comment

Hi Niddy,
                        I am emailing you a copy of a reply from OPUS via Cabot. I have never owned an OPUS Account but apparantly its an old CITI Card. The letter states that they have sent me a true copy of my cca (they have enclosed a cca with my name and address at the top). They state that it has no signiture box and they dont have to supply this? Please can you let me know your thoughts.

Many Thanks MACO.

Comment

No it doesn't need a siggy but if you send me a copy I'll clarify the status for you!!

This is what an agreement SHOULD have --> Unenforceability Templates - Section 6

That's it. No signature necessary. However there's more to it than that; a lot more. Please send me a copy if you want an answer regards to your specific case.

Comment

I have sent the standard statute barred letter to 1st. Credit, on the 5th. August 2011 and despite the letter clearly asking for a reply, confirming no further action, have not heard anything from them.
                            Should I press for a reply or let sleeping dogs lie?
                            Thanks in advance.

Comment

I would sit and wait jamon, the ball is firmly in their court.

regards
                              Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                                I would sit and wait jamon, the ball is firmly in their court.
                                Exactly, let them get hold of you.... if they need to of course!

Comment

Working...
                                X