GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with Unenforceability [UPDATED 01/2020] - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Unenforceability [UPDATED 01/2020]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help with Unenforceability

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    I was being facetious! (do you know what that word is)

* time I left now I think
    If you know what's good for you!

BTW Aile - read post #187 for advice about Westcott
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello eveyone

(Don't think that i've posted on this thread before?) - Just a quick one, may have already been answered.

When the account was originaly with BOS (before the HBOS), and you are Default would it be 5 years wait for Stature Barred? as the account was originaly BOS

rathern than the 6 year for England!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

no petal, its where you were not where the bank is, no point in moving now either!

Comment

5corpio,

The 5 yr rule applies to residents living in Scotland as it is Scottish law.

Regards

Comment

Worth checking TOB as the jurisdiction is stated in them. Parties can elect which jurisdiction applies. Most Scottish companies apply English law in contracts designed for customers resident in E&W. Would be interesting to know, though, what happens to a customer who is Scottish resident and has a Scottish credit agreement, but who, on becoming resident in England, defaults and has a default filed with the CRAs? 5 years or 6?

Comment

Wish it was 5 in England as well though. So much in the English legal system is geared up against the citizen.

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

Possible dumb question, but I can't work out what does "LB" acronym used in so many threads stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by jadex View Post
                    Possible dumb question, but I can't work out what does "LB" acronym used in so many threads stand for?
                    As far as I can work out it is another forum called LB - Legal Beagles and sometimes referred to OTR - Over The Road too x
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

AKA Leagle Seagulls - pathetic isn't it!

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                        AKA Leagle Seagulls - pathetic isn't it!
                        Now now Caspar, you regularly post there.......

Comment

TDS,

Indeed he does, however that comes from another site that is shite CAG

Comment

I have much better translations of those acronyms, but it would inevitably lead to a ban and I am having too much fun here as it is.

However on the Wescot front. They will probably hand it on to their tame solicitors one outfit by the name of Nelson Guest and Partners. Toothless cowardly tigers. one threat of an appearance before the solicitors regulation authority for professional misconduct and it was back with the Hull Heroes before close of business the same day. Their response: laughable bits and pieces of staments and a useless already ruled illegal application form. Threats of legal action against both them and their client has seen it all quieten down.

Whose next I ask myself? Sunday school charabanc trip organiser?

regards
                            Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post

Whose next I ask myself? Sunday school charabanc trip organiser?

regards
                              Garlok
                              At risk of going completely OT, Charabanc - that's a word you don't hear much these days!
                              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Hi MGS

I just thought it might add a little to the sarcasm or am I too old? When I was a lad coaches had fish tails on their rooves, half cabs were called charabancs and had names like Leyland Tiger and Leyland Tiger Cub, Guy Wolf. Oh and a sliding door on the side.

l

regards
                                Garlok
                                Last edited by garlok; 5 July 2011, 18:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X