GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sale of Debt - CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sale of Debt - CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sale of Debt - CCJ

Hi Guys
    Wonder if anyone can offer some advice on the following.

In 2013 i was issued with a County Court Claim from an original debt owed from a defaulted balance - default date 2011.
    At the time i was making agreed monthly payments and my offer was to continue this at the same rate.

These payments have been made now until last month and i have received details that the debt has now been sold, the balance is now below 1k.
    Is this possible with a CCJ or am i miss understanding the CCJ?

Am i still legally obliged to pay this new debt collector?

Thanks for any response.
    KKA

Re: Sale of Debt - CCJ

I think you will find that the CCJ can be sold and you need to keep to the terms and pay.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by KKA View Post
      In 2013 i was issued with a County Court Claim from an original debt owed from a defaulted balance - default date 2011.
      At the time i was making agreed monthly payments and my offer was to continue this at the same rate.

These payments have been made now until last month and i have received details that the debt has now been sold, the balance is now below 1k.
      Is this possible with a CCJ or am i miss understanding the CCJ?

Am i still legally obliged to pay this new debt collector?
      As Cym has said a creditor can assign a debt (CCJ).

You say you've had a monthly payment plan in place with the previous creditor, but was that informally agreed or was the CCJ an instalment Order not a Forthwith (whole amount claimed) Order?

If not (an instalment Order) then be prepared for the new owner to be more aggressive in wanting to enforce the CCJ. Hopefully not.

Don't miss any payments due under CCJ.

Plan B x

Comment

Hi
        The court papers came in 2013, i was paying an agreed amount at the time and remember sending a SOA to the court detailing payments.
        These have then continued to date and i have a CCJ on my credit report.
        So far i have only had a standard letter providing a statement of account from the new owner.
        I will just change the payment references to suit the new agency and continue until the account is settled.
        Thanks for the responses.
        KKA

Comment

If it's less than a grand maybe writing to offer half as a F&F to get rid might be in order..... saves a few hundred quid if they accept it
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy
            How likely are they to accept, i would have 7 payments left at the current rate - do you think its worth offering 50% to settle?
            Is there a template letter i could use.
            KKA

Comment

I'd offer half mate. Sure (if poss).....

How much is owing / is there a record of this outstanding (i.e. under 6yrs)?

When you reply ill sort you a template

cheers
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy
                They have sent a statement showing payments that have been made,the balance is around 800 and i was paying 115 a month.
                This would be cleared in 7 more payments but if you think its worthwhile offering a reduced figure i will give it a shot.
                Thanks
                KKA

Comment

If anything just write in to the debt / CCJ's owner and say you've been offered £300 from family to settle this matter & as a gesture of goodwill are they prepared to consider a full & final settlement within 14 days for the £300. Worth a go.....

Comment

Niddy
                    So far on this i got a letter from Moorgate at the end of Nov which included a letter from IDEM stating that there will be a transfer of ownership on 12th Dec.
                    I then got a statement in Jan detailing payments made over the last 12 months.
                    So far i have had no demands for payment other than a standard text message every couple of days with a reference number.
                    should i sit tight until further mail arrives or send the offer for F&F?
                    Many Thanks
                    KKA

Comment

send the offer - pointless pissing about with it at this stage - might be best to try and get rid once and for all

The ccj itself, being it is so old (presumably a few years now?) shouldn't have as much adverse effect on you once settled either.

Comment

Niddy
                        Received a letter today in the form of a standard response.............

Further to your recent request to make an offer of a reduced settlement to your account, in order for us to consider your request we require the following information.

The reason for your offer
                        The amount being offered (even though i put this in the letter)
                        Where you are obtaining the funds from
                        A Financial Statement

What sort of reply should i offer?
                        Thanks for your help
                        KKA

Comment

Hi Guys
                          Any ideas on a response to this one?
                          Many Thanks KKA

Comment

Originally posted by KKA View Post
                            Niddy
                            Received a letter today in the form of a standard response.............

Further to your recent request to make an offer of a reduced settlement to your account, in order for us to consider your request we require the following information.

The reason for your offer
                            The amount being offered (even though i put this in the letter)
                            Where you are obtaining the funds from
                            A Financial Statement

What sort of reply should i offer?
                            Thanks for your help
                            KKA
                            Reply that a relative is offering to give you money just to clear the CCJ and that as the money is not yours a financial statement is not relevant.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

^^^ agreed. That's the best course of action

Comment

Working...
                              X