GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC/Cabot/Marlin - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC/Cabot/Marlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC/Cabot/Marlin

An HSBC loan I had was with marlin and I requested the agreement from them in 2013 and all wen very quiet...........they acknowledged my request.....then updated me that they didn't have it yet.........then cabot bought them and confirmed they were re requesting the agreement......

Received a letter today confirming that it is unenforceable as the lender confirmed no agreement.

The account was defaulted July 2008 and of course no longer shows on my credit reports.
    It will be statue barred in August 2017 as I stopped paying when i started my AAD jouney in 2011.

I understand that they cannot take me to court for the outstanding balance and can ask not make me pay.

Is there a template letter to respond with or just wait now until they try and request any money?

Thanks!

Re: HSBC/Cabot/Marlin

Keep that letter very very safe well done .Personally I would not right to them they haven't got it that's that. Should they get in touch in the future then that's the time to write back. Excellent news xxxxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

PS unless someone s says otherwise x
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
        An HSBC loan I had was with marlin and I requested the agreement from them in 2013 and all wen very quiet...........they acknowledged my request.....then updated me that they didn't have it yet.........then cabot bought them and confirmed they were re requesting the agreement......

Received a letter today confirming that it is unenforceable as the lender confirmed no agreement.

The account was defaulted July 2008 and of course no longer shows on my credit reports.
        It will be statue barred in August 2017 as I stopped paying when i started my AAD jouney in 2011.

I understand that they cannot take me to court for the outstanding balance and can ask not make me pay.

Is there a template letter to respond with or just wait now until they try and request any money?

Thanks!
        Yeah nanna is corect just keep that letter safe...if they do contact you let us know
        well done great result .....

Comment

I agree, if they've admitted it's unenforceable then no response is needed, just keep us updated on anything else they send x

Comment

Working...
          X