GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Plan B advised, It would be unwise to send off a CCA request just yet as a kneejerk reaction. Wait and see what is suggested first. It is the usual situation to send a CCA request directly to the current legal owner of a debt which as I understand it would be Tesco.

Personally I can imagine that sending a CCA request with the £1 fee direct to Tesco ( Send in letter form and sent recorded delivery) will be the way forward as you would seek to rely upon the protections this would bring should they be unable to comply with your request. As others have suggested, The CCA request sent without the fee by email would not be valid and would not afford you the same protections. But there can be a case not to send another once one has been already been sent so just hold fire for now until Di has had opportuntity to come back to you

A day or two waiting wont make any difference

With regard to your letter from Zinc, As I understand it, It was basically an introductory letter and as such I'm not sure a reply is necessary. Would that be correct? If it is, Sometimes less is more in this game. File the letter and date the envelope from when it arrived and enjoy the peace a quiet until they send you something else

What are you struggling with? It can be a bit overwhelming at first but the forum is here to support you in all ways. I think anyone who has been on this forum for a number of years knows the full range of emotions and juggling in the early years. Let us know and we can help. One of us will no doubt have "been there"

The daftest question is the one that is never asked
    Last edited by Spud; 23 April 2021, 00:05.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Tesco Bank Credit Card Operations, PO Box 27028, Broadway One, Glasgow, G2 9FT
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for all the replys it makes things so much easier having supportive people like yourselves. There's been times when I think it would just be easier to set up a small payment plan so they leave me alone but I have taken the advice on here so far and just ignored this tesco debt and my PRA one. I will hold off sending anything to tesco for now and ignore zinc. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post
          Thanks for all the replys it makes things so much easier having supportive people like yourselves. There's been times when I think it would just be easier to set up a small payment plan so they leave me alone but I have taken the advice on here so far and just ignored this tesco debt and my PRA one. I will hold off sending anything to tesco for now and ignore zinc. Thanks guys.
          Indeed, sometimes it does seem easier to just make a payment however if you do that the cycle never ends. The goal is to get to statute barred status (or the debt purchaser writing off your account) so you don't need to be troubled by it. I looked into bankruptcy at one point and was even advised it was a good option- so glad I didn't. Keep the faith

Comment

it makes things so much easier having supportive people like yourselves. There's been times when I think it would just be easier to set up a small payment plan so they leave me alone but I have taken the advice on here so far and just ignored this tesco debt and my PRA one. Thanks guys.

That's the whole point of this forum - it's peer support

If you ever feel overwhelmed by it all then post on your thread for help from members who have 'been there done that' including me who has defeated four county court claims and a statutory demand (the precursor to bankruptcy)!

Everyone sharing their personal experiences can help you to decide what will work for you.

Di

Comment

Hi all just a quick update. I have not paid anything or spoke to anyone referring my tesco credit card debt or the account from PRA since my last post. Yesterday and this morning I had a notification that my credit report had been searched by intrum uk. Is this normal for them to search 2 days in a row? I suspect that they may have purchased the tesco credit card debt. Do I need to do anything about this or just sit and wait? I assume I would send them a CCA request if they get in touch first? Many Thanks.

Comment

Hi

Do nothing, and don't be rushing to send a CCA request when they do contact you. Let the forum know what they say, and be guided by the forum responses.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will sit tight for now and post on their next move. I am a little confused about the 6 year statute barred process. If they do contact me and I write back insisting I only want to be contacted in writing not by phone etc does this reset the time frame or would it only reset if I was to make a payment. Thanks all.

Comment

no contact between you and them (they rarely stop letters etc), (part of a come on mention debt)

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will sit tight for now and post on their next move. I am a little confused about the 6 year statute barred process. If they do contact me and I write back insisting I only want to be contacted in writing not by phone etc does this reset the time frame or would it only reset if I was to make a payment. Thanks all.
                      If you just delete any emails/texts without responding, they will eventually get the message that it isn't working (no need to tell them). If you do happen to pick up a phone call from them, hang up straight away - don't answer any security questions or engage with them in any way. It may feel rude to just hang up, but they are thick skinned, so you won't hurt their feelings. If you start discussing the debt, you will likely be admitting it. Also if you do voluntarily write to them, you could inadvertently admit the debt, and so reset the 6-year clock. Don't do it.

Comment

OK so I have now had a letter from intrum saying they have brought my personal loan from tesco bank but nothing yet on the credit card. The loan was taken out in 2016 and is for a large sum of money so pretty sure it is enforceable. I have been in a payment plan for this with tesco which I have kept up with so was a bit suprised it was sold on. Intrum have said I can continue with my current plan and pay them. Should I do anything else or just pay them the agreed amount I had set up with tesco? Thanks all.

Comment

OK so I have now had a letter from intrum saying they have brought my personal loan from tesco bank but nothing yet on the credit card. The loan was taken out in 2016 and is for a large sum of money so pretty sure it is enforceable. I have been in a payment plan for this with tesco which I have kept up with so was a bit suprised it was sold on. Intrum have said I can continue with my current plan and pay them. Should I do anything else or just pay them the agreed amount I had set up with tesco? Thanks all.
                          Stop the payments!
                          Wait and see what Intrum now do!

Now was this tesco loan an unsecured Loan?
                          Was it a consolidated Loan from previous Debts?
                          Did Tesco issue a Default Notice?

This background detail becomes important to build up a Debt entry Diary!
                          Good diaries make for good decisions

Comment

Hi Roger, yes it was a straightforward unsecured personal loan and yes pretty sure tesco did send a default notice. I have never sent a CCA request for this as it was such a recent loan taken out online.

Comment

only send cca if advised later,

Comment

Hi

I think it would help everyone who is trying to help you, if you would bring forward an updated diary entry for each account as developments occur.

Your start point was:-

Tesco Bank Personal loan still with Tesco bank.
                                Opened 2017
                                Last full payment date September 2018
                                Regular £125 monthly payments up until now
                                Remaining balance £19500

If you add to this each letter received/sent and any other comment or action taken, with dates, we then have the history at a glance, and don't have to spend time trawling back through (at present 5) pages to get the full picture before giving advice. You can copy and paste a precis version (as long as it contains all the pertinent info) into new posts whenever you need to.

This saves time for everyone, and makes for a more efficient process.

Comment

Working...
                                X