GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post
    I should probably add that my original CCA request was sent via email and did not contain the statutory £1 fee. . . . . but when I replied to Wescot's original letter I emailed them stating that before I made any further contact woukd be sending a CCA request and asked them if I needed to send it to themselves or direct to tesco. I then got an email back saying they had requested the credit agreement from the lender and would be in touch. Should I send another one in writing with the £1 fee

*Yes* is the answer to your question

If your s77-79 CCA Request was sent by email without the £1 statutory fee it won't be valid.

Send another one to Tesco (copied to Wescot) now.

Di

Comment

Hi after ignoring Wescot I have now been contacted by them to say the debt has been returned back to tesco bank. I have now had another letter come through from Tesco saying they have passed the debt onto Moorcroft to recover. Do I send another CCA request this time to Moorcroft and are they similar to Wescot in what they do? May thanks

Comment

sit tight no more cca for now (outstanding) await for responses from di ( take it you did as Di stated send by mail with £1 postal order??) must respond to questions put on here save as to peoples time chasing!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As Wescot and Moorcroft only act on behalf of a creditor ( they don’t own the debt) there seems little point in sending a cca request, assuming as the Tech Clerk said, you did as Di told you to and sent a proper cca request with the fee back in October.

Comment

Hi sorry for the late reply. Yes I have done that and not had anything else back other than the CCA I was sent originally. I just didnt understand why they sent it from Wescot to moorcroft who seem to both do the exact same thing. So I just ignore moorcroft aswell? Thanks all for your help.

Comment

I’m guessing they move because these forms only get paid on results so if you don’t pay they don’t earn. They then send it back to the original creditor who ask another firm to try.

As you have sent a cca request and they have not fully complied, for now sit on your hands and do nothing however hard that is. I know from experience the temptation to fight but in this case, less is often more ( I think that might be one of Di’s pearls).

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                I’m guessing they move because these forms only get paid on results so if you don’t pay they don’t earn. They then send it back to the original creditor who ask another firm to try.

As you have sent a cca request and they have not fully complied, for now sit on your hands and do nothing however hard that is. I know from experience the temptation to fight but in this case, less is often more ( I think that might be one of Di’s pearls).
                It is indeed a pearl, think it is in the right ear
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Di took a look and says there should be more paperwork. Should I still send it in to the checking email address on here or do I not need to if Di has already taken a look at it?

What’s the current situation with this Tesco debt?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

What’s the current situation with this Tesco debt?

Di
                    Hi Di,
                    Recieved a letter from Moorcroft they have put the account on hold until 4th February so will find out what there next move is after that I guess.

Comment

Hi Di,
                      Recieved a letter from Moorcroft they have put the account on hold until 4th February so will find out what there next move is after that I guess.

My guess is Moorcroft will pass it back to Tesco just like Westcot did.

Hopefully Tesco will then assign it to a debt purchaser, ideally one that doesn’t have FCA authorisation to issue legal proceedings.

Update when you next hear anything.

Di

Comment

Hi all just another quick update. The Tesco debt has now been passed on to a company called Zinc to chase. Tesco have not sold it on I guess Zinc are just doing the same as Wescot and Moorcroft? I had a letter through from Zinc today to say "they have been asked by their client to assist me with the resolution of my account". I assume I just do the same and ignore this still? Thanks all.

Comment

The Tesco debt has now been passed on to a company called Zinc to chase. Tesco have not sold it on

Hello

Can you just remind me of the history of this debt (apologies for not reading back through your whole thread tonight).

I can see that you sent a CCA Request to Tesco by email without the £1 statutory fee so not valid, but I'm unsure whether you sent another one by post including the £1 fee (apologies again since I know we spoke at the end of last year).

Zinc's letter doesn't sound threatening so ignoring may well be the way forward, but I thought I should check before I make any suggestions.

Di

Comment

The only experience I have had with the zinc group was hardly difficult but that was a good few years ago. At the time they were very low level debts such as pay day loans

Comment

Hi thank you both for your reply. Ok so I have looked back through all correspondence and turns out I have not actually sent a direct CCA to tesco bank. It was Wescot dealing with it at the time and each time I asked them for the address to send an official CCA request to I got the same response that they had twice already supplied the CCA and that I didn't need to send another one with the £1 fee. I will get on to this tomorrow and send another one direct to tesco bank. Does anybody happen to have the address I would send this to please? Also should I notify Zinc that this is what I am doing or still ignore them for now? Thanks again and sorry for the confusion, I am really struggling to keep on top of it all.

Comment

I have not actually sent a direct CCA to tesco bank. It was Wescot dealing with it at the time and each time I asked them for the address to send an official CCA request to I got the same response that they had twice already supplied the CCA and that I didn't need to send another one with the £1 fee. I will get on to this tomorrow and send another one direct to tesco bank. . . . I am really struggling to keep on top of it all.

Hello again

*and breathe*

No need to struggle to keep on top of things.

Let this forum help you to make sense of everything before you react by sending a CCA Request to Tesco tomorrow as a knee-jerk reaction to a letter from Zinc (a debt collection agency) at least until I've had the opportunity to take a look at the full history of this debt.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X