GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reassurance I will get on to that list now. Most of the debts are pretty large and quite recent but all advice will be much appreciated.

Comment

Barclaycard credit card account now with PRA
      Opened 2011
      Last full payment made September 2018
      Been making regular £80 monthly payments up until now
      Remaining Balance £13,000
      This is the the account I asked for the CCA check on

Comment

Tesco Bank Personal loan still with Tesco bank.
        Opened 2017
        Last full payment date September 2018
        Regular £125 monthly payments up until now
        Remaining balance £19500

Comment

Tesco Bank Credit card passed on to Wescot August 2020 Letter received from Wescot 15th october phone call on 21st October.
          Opened 2004
          Last full payment date September 2018
          Regular £60 monthly payments up until now
          Remaining balance £10,000
          Last edited by dmdm85; 21 October 2020, 17:58.

Comment

MBNA credit card
            Opened 2016
            Last full payment September 2018
            Regular £36 monthly payments until now
            Remaining balance £5000
            Last edited by dmdm85; 7 March 2020, 18:55.

Comment

That is all of them 4 accounts in total.

Comment

Thanks, you have made a start to go forward,sometimes that is the biggest step.

Now you need to send a CCA request for the others, maybe not the MBNA account as you only have one payment to make.
                Send signed for and enclose the £1.00 fee.
                As soon as you receive a reply edit the original post to say what you have received.
                just remember we have all been in the same place as you are now, some are still going on with the fight.
                We don't deal with the debt for you, but we can give you an idea of what worked for us and what may work for you.
                Please have a look at some of the diaries so you can get an idea of what we are about.

At the end of the day the choice of what to do is with you, But we will give you help whatever you decide to do.

NW
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks it is really reassuring to have such great advice and support. Sorry I put the wrong remaining balance in the MBNA one so have now edited that. I am just waiting for Di to get back to me to see if she needs me to try and scan the copies of my CCA so she can have a better look at it as the others were just images. I always thought recent debts that were still with the same creditor were not really worth sending a CCA to. I was also unsure on the Tesco one as I have 2 debts with them 1 recent and a CC opened in 2004 and was a bit worried about sending a CCA for the card in case it made them take further action with the loan. I know I am probably overthinking things and going about it the wrong way but I guess that is why I am here and on the MSE forum to get some advice.

Comment

Sorry forgot to add Di also said about sending an SAR to barclaycard after she saw the CCA they sent me. Do I enclose a £1 cheque with this aswell?

Comment

Morning,

a SAR / GDPR is free now
                      A CCA request needs the £1.00 to make it a formal request, the company then has 14 days to reply. A request is for information only, therefore they shouldn't take any action just because you have asked for one.
                      if one is not forthcoming the account can be classed as UE. You can then choose not to pay until one is.

NW
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have you now sent a s77-79 CCA Request to each of your debt owners?

Update your Diary when you get a response from any of them so forum members can suggest your next step - which may be to do nothing..

Di

Comment

Hi all just a quick update with regards to PRA they are insisting that my debt is enforceable. I have had it looked at on here and it was believed to be unenforceable. I have dropped payments down to £10 a month just to keep them off my back but they are now asking why I am only paying £10 when I was paying £80 a month before. I have blocked their number now and any contact they make is through email. I am a bit worried about completely stopping payments now as I guess they will take legal action if they are so insistent that the debt is enforceable. I know I should just be ignoring this and stopping payments for now but as I said before I am a bit worried about doing this now. Just wondering what other people would suggest? Many thanks.

Comment

PRA would say that regardless

if you are advised to send CCA request then suggest you do so, afraid they might take action? well we have been there worried, it makes no difference if they did as they get stopped in their tracks by no CCA or unenforceable in the end! paying them just in case would show you are vulnerable and they play on it! follow advice here and you will get the confidence to challenge and get a little piece of mind! we have been there and some still are! read around threads and you will see patterns the companies work to and how many company loose outright? have faith in yourself!

CCA Request should you need it:- send Recorded Delivery and keep copy and receipts
                            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 2 June 2020, 08:00.

Comment

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply. I have already sent a CCA request and had Di and also sent it to the CCA check forum on here. They were both of the opinion that it was unenforcable. I also have a letter from PRA when they sent the original cCCA saying they deemed it unenforceable. However the second letter they sent contained some copies of old statements and they are saying that those made it enforceable so just all a bit confusing. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post
                                PRA they are insisting that my debt is enforceable. I have had it looked at on here and it was believed to be unenforceable. I have dropped payments down to £10 a month just to keep them off my back but they are now asking why I am only paying £10 when I was paying £80 a month before. I have blocked their number now and any contact they make is through email. I am a bit worried about completely stopping payments now as I guess they will take legal action if they are so insistent that the debt is enforceable. I know I should just be ignoring this and stopping payments for now but as I said before I am a bit worried about doing this now

PRA can insist the debt is enforceable all they like, but that doesn't mean it is (read post #4 again).

They are persisting because you are paying them something each month which is less than you used to pay them, so they take the view that they could 'encourage' you to pay more.

I see constant phone calls as bullying - pure and simple.

They can't, or rather shouldn't, take legal action without first sending you a formal Letter of Claim under Pre Action Protocol, which gives you 30 days to consider your options.

One option might me to let me know if that happens

(I've received your email.)

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X