GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SAR paperwork received - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAR paperwork received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR paperwork received

Hi, I have received the SAR paperwork I requested from Lloyds for my partner, They have sent bank account statements from August 2001 and credit card statements from January 2000, they say prior to this statements no longer exist although they did send a copy of the credit card agreement dated 6th April 1998 which is in both of our names. Looking at the credit card statements there is card holder protection plan payments taken out every month ranging from £13 to £34 is this the same as PPI? They have also sent me a screen shot of the loans he has had, but they say they are unable to provide copies of the original loan application documents due to amount of time that has elapsed. 1 was started in 02 1992 and finished 06 1998 so have no idea if PPI was added, the other was started in May 1998 & finished in May 2003, don't know if PPI was on this either.

Could anybody tell me if it is worth following any of this up?

Re: SAR paperwork received

Hi anglais56 - welcome to AAD!

This isn't my area, but I'm sure our PPI helpers will be along as soon as possible

In the meantime you might want to have a read through our various guides: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...ides-amp-Tools

Elsa x

Comment

Be prepared for a battle, but it's worth trying. Lloyds fight to the bitter end but you can succeed against them if you are patient and persistent.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've pm'd our lovely PPI lady Di to look in

Comment

Hi anglais56 and sorry for the delay.

thank you for pm Elsa x

Are you able to post up the copy of your agreement by deleting your personal details? PPI is also confused with CPP card protection, however in Lloyds case it was probably PPI as I don't think they were one of those who added CPP in earlier years.

Comment

Just swinging by and catching up. As Di says, it looks like credit card PPI was being charged, as it is a varying monthly charge which is usually based on the balance owing. CPP is usually a fixed annual charge, and is not so easy to spot - but you may have had this as well, so check your statements for this. PPI on fixed-amount loans was usually in the form of a single 'upfront' premium which was added to the loan when it was taken out, but if you don't have copies of the loan agreement(s), then it may be difficult to check this. It may have been referred to in other documentation/correspondence, so a 'forensic' approach may be needed in searching for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
              Just swinging by and catching up. As Di says, it looks like credit card PPI was being charged, as it is a varying monthly charge which is usually based on the balance owing. CPP is usually a fixed annual charge, and is not so easy to spot - but you may have had this as well, so check your statements for this. PPI on fixed-amount loans was usually in the form of a single 'upfront' premium which was added to the loan when it was taken out, but if you don't have copies of the loan agreement(s), then it may be difficult to check this. It may have been referred to in other documentation/correspondence, so a 'forensic' approach may be needed in searching for this.
              Thank you for your help.

I have had 2 of the loans upheld and received a cheque for £1900, have also received an email today to say they have upheld my claim for the credit card and they are working out calculations.

On another note my partner has received a letter from citifinancial regarding a credit card from 1997 that they have not up held even though he was self employed at the time. they state in the letter that although they acknowledge that there may have been flaws in their sales process they are not persuaded that any of these sales failings would have affected his decision to take out the PPI policy, they also say it is clear that he had no other means at the time of protecting his card payments therefore the complaint has been closed. I have read that you should not accept the first refusal letter but they also state that the FOS will not be able to look into the complaint as it was before 2001. Would it therefore be worth persuing this any further

Comment

What you need to do with your partner is find exclusions. So self employed is one. Did they have cover / insurance etc elsewhere? Did they have any pre conditions (medical) - find fault then go back and re-argue it citing the fact that at the time of application your partner was told at inception that it'd be accepted if ppi was taken and that they felt under duress to take it.

If they applied via phone then that works. If they got an application by post, then it may not. How was the card applied for, originally?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  What you need to do with your partner is find exclusions. So self employed is one. Did they have cover / insurance etc elsewhere? Did they have any pre conditions (medical) - find fault then go back and re-argue it citing the fact that at the time of application your partner was told at inception that it'd be accepted if ppi was taken and that they felt under duress to take it.

If they applied via phone then that works. If they got an application by post, then it may not. How was the card applied for, originally?
                  He had an endowement mortgage with life insurance and it is possible he had other insurances, but it was 1997 when he took the card out so we have no paperwork relating to any other insurances he might have had apart from a cancellation letter from 2004 for an income protection plan, but I don't know when this was started. He had no medical condition. It was a postal application.

Comment

Originally posted by anglais56 View Post
                    Hi, I have received the SAR paperwork I requested from Lloyds for my partner, They have sent bank account statements from August 2001 and credit card statements from January 2000, they say prior to this statements no longer exist although they did send a copy of the credit card agreement dated 6th April 1998 which is in both of our names. Looking at the credit card statements there is card holder protection plan payments taken out every month ranging from £13 to £34 is this the same as PPI? They have also sent me a screen shot of the loans he has had, but they say they are unable to provide copies of the original loan application documents due to amount of time that has elapsed. 1 was started in 02 1992 and finished 06 1998 so have no idea if PPI was added, the other was started in May 1998 & finished in May 2003, don't know if PPI was on this either.

Could anybody tell me if it is worth following any of this up?
                    Credit card redress of £2500 pound received in bank today for credit card card taken out in 1998 and paid off in 2004 result

Thank you for your help

Comment

Credit card redress of £2500 pound received in bank today for credit card card taken out in 1998 and paid off in 2004 result

Thank you for your help
                      Well done anglais56, I do love good news on AAD

Best wishes
                      IF
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Woohoo
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you for your help
                          Great news ............

Comment

What fantastic news xxxxx
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                            X