GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Banks procedures/PPI Complaints. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banks procedures/PPI Complaints.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banks procedures/PPI Complaints.

Banks Procedures of making a complaint/Reclaim of Payment Protection Insurance (PPI). These procedures of complaining should be the same for all banks, but have posted up the details from lloyds TSB for your information, however, remember most banks are currently holding back due to the Judicial Review, but I am aware Santander are carrying on as normal, so it would be wise to check each banking website to whom you want to make a reclaim and check their own procedures as well.

http://www.lloydstsb.com/payment_pro...complaints.asp

Answers to questions on PPI complaints
    Payment Protection Insurance Complaints

How do I make a complaint about the way that my PPI was sold?
    You can ring a dedicated telephone line for customers with PPI complaints.
    08453 005599
    We will be happy to accept any complaints in the usual way and process these accordingly.
    If you prefer to write the address for correspondence is:
    Lloyds TSB
    Tredegar Park
    Newport
    NP10 8SB

Should you wish to take your complaint further, please click the link below which will take you to the Financial Ombudsman Service website. This includes details of how to make a complaint and provides a questionnaire for you to complete.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...notes/ppi.html

Frequently Asked Questions

I want to make a complaint about the way that my PPI was sold – can I still do so?
    Yes. We will take the details of your complaint and this will be progressed by our customer service team.

I want to make a claim on my PPI policy – can I still do so?
    Yes. The judicial review has no impact on your right to make a claim on your PPI policy because you have had an accident or are ill, or are suffering from another insured event.

I want to make a complaint about the way that you assessed a claim under my PPI policy – can I still do so?
    Yes, you can complain about the way we assessed your claim. The judicial review has no impact on your right to complain.

What will happen after I have made a complaint?
    Once a complaint is received, a letter of acknowledgment will be sent to you within 5 working days. If we are able to resolve your complaint once we have assessed it, we will let you know.
    If after 8 weeks we have not managed to resolve your complaint, we will send you a further letter updating you as to your options should you be dissatisfied with the delay.

What is this Ex-Gratia letter I have received?
    If you have received an Ex-Gratia letter, then this offers you the chance to settle your complaint more quickly and without having to wait for the outcome of the Judicial Review (which is anticipated to conclude at the end of March 2011).

I have received a letter telling me about BBA/FSA/FOS – I don’t understand it?
    A number of customers are being sent a letter detailing how the ongoing Judicial Review has affected our complaint handling and how we may only be able to assess your complaint once this review is concluded. The Judicial Review is anticipated to be completed by the end of March 2011. After that time, we will then be able to fully assess your complaint and tell you the outcome.

Why does it take over 8 weeks to review my complaint?
    We do aim to resolve your query through our internal complaints process as quickly as possible. We have recently received a high number of complaints and are working our way through them.

Why is the BBA challenging the FSA and FOS?
    The challenge has been brought because the British Bankers’ Association (BBA) is concerned that the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) are changing their rules retrospectively, applying new standards to past sales. The BBA is committed to working with the FSA and the FOS and hopes to be able to resolve the matter with them directly.

I heard in the media that the Group has received thousands of complaints about PPI sales. Is that why you have decided to challenge the rules?
    No, the case is being brought by the British Bankers’ Association. We take complaints very seriously and are committed to handling them in a fair and consistent manner. The action is being taken because the BBA is concerned that the FSA and FOS are changing the rules retrospectively, applying new standards to past sales.

How long will the process take?
    The BBA is continuing to work with the FSA and FOS and hopes to resolve the matter quickly to give banks and customers the clarity they need. We expect the court to decide at the end of March 2011 (although there could be further appeals in the legal proceedings that might delay matters further) and we will communicate with all affected customers as quickly as possible.

Why is the BBA challenging customers’ right to compensation if they have been mis-sold PPI?
    By bringing this action, the BBA is not challenging customers’ right to complain, nor their entitlement to compensation. The BBA is seeking clarity on which rules apply to sales made in the past.

You have made an offer to refund my PPI policy premium. Will that offer change now?
    No. We will stand by any offer to settle a complaint that has already been made to you or a third party acting on your behalf.

I have already made a complaint but I haven’t been told whether you will refund my PPI policy premium. What will happen now?
    We wish to handle and resolve all complaints quickly and to the satisfaction of our customers; it is now very difficult to know exactly how to handle a PPI sales-related complaint. However, in light of the legal proceedings initiated by the BBA against the FSA and the FOS, there will be some complaints where we will not be able to provide the customer with a decision until such time as the judicial review is complete. Where this is the case we will write to customers to explain we cannot give a final decision until the court case is complete.

What will happen to unresolved complaints?
    We wish to handle and resolve all complaints quickly and to the satisfaction of our customers. Once the standards that should be applied to PPI sales-related complaint handling have been clarified, your complaint will be reviewed. We will then work through all the complaints we have received as quickly as possible.

Will I be compensated for any delays?
    We take all complaints very seriously and are committed to handling them on a fair and consistent basis. Once the standards that should be applied to PPI sales-related complaint handling have been clarified, your complaint will be reviewed. In line with our complaint handling policy we will assess and recompense appropriate compensation at the time of settling your compliant including the backdating of interest and payments.

I am experiencing financial difficulties – I have been told by the ombudsman/3rd party complaint company that you have to deal with my complaint because of this, when will you complete your investigation into my complaint?
    We prioritise all complaints from customers who we identify as experiencing financial difficulties. If we identify you as experiencing such difficulties we will have your complaint fast tracked, though it should be noted that we may still be unable to determine an outcome of your complaint until the Judicial Review is concluded.

Can I still refer my complaint to the FOS?
    Yes. Your rights are unchanged.

Can I still buy PPI from you?
    No. In July 2010 we announced that we would no longer sell our range of PPI to personal and business customers.

Are you adopting PS10/12?
    Yes. All complaints are being assessed under the new FSA Policy Statement. However, where the outcome may be affected by the judicial review, we may be unable to consider the case in full until the Judicial Review is concluded.
    Last edited by di30; 15 February 2011, 23:56.
Working...
X