GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Company in administration owing money -- contacting administrators? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Company in administration owing money -- contacting administrators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company in administration owing money -- contacting administrators?

Bit of a hypothetical query, this, naming no names ...

A company owing me some money is "in administration". I've read that the status of "in administration" is a temporary one and automatically ends in twelve months. For this company in question, that twelve-month period is due to end within the next two months.

However, from the same source where I read about the twelve month thing (a PDF from an insolvency practitioner website), I also read:
    • Administration can be a powerful way for a company to obtain a breathing space from the actions of any creditor.
    • Where the administrator believes there will be no funds for unsecured creditors, the preferential and secured creditors only approve his proposals.

And elsewhere I've read "it's rare to get anything back from an Administration claim, but you should still fill in the proof of debt forms and paperwork that come back just in case".

Now, I'd been seeing this disappeared money as all a lost cause anyway, but I'd still like the amount owed to me to be listed on their books, if nothing else. So does anyone know if it's just a simple matter of contacting the administrator and asking for forms? I'm just wondering what I should ask for when contacting them ...

Thanks!
    Pip

Re: Company in administration owing money -- contacting administrators?

You can just phone them and they will sort out any forms. They will be used to people not knowing what to do and will help you. Some do ask you to write, but most are happy to deal with you on the phone.
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
    X