GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest paid out over 1k unarranged overdraft - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest paid out over 1k unarranged overdraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest paid out over 1k unarranged overdraft

Guys quick question. Natwest have kindly allowed over 1k payment to pay their business credit card from my mother's account when the balance was zero resulting in unarranged overdraft fees something silly like £6 per day. Can they do this?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Natwest paid out over 1k unarranged overdraft

are you saying they paid DDs or cheques?

Comment

DD they let them clear when there was no balance and no overdraft.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Also forgot to mention. On her other NW account she had an overdraft of 8450,and they have let DD go out making her overdrawn by 700 quid. It's now showing around 9000 overdraft. Both these accounts now have daily penalties and unauthorised overdraft charges all because they keep allowing them to clear. It's not fair. I have cancelled the DD now so sod them. NW are so incompetent that they can swing for the overdraft and charges for all I care

Comment

I'd be getting in touch with them to see what they have to say. If your Mum is suffering financial hardship then you may be able to get the fees refunded.

My daughter lost her job and went over her agreed OD limit towards the end of last year, spoke to online chat and got £216 refunded to put her back within her limit again

Comment

Well luckily the 1k they were about to pay out happend to be the same day I cancelled the direct debit so it never cleared got returned instead. But the other account with the overdraft is still over 900 quid over drawn. I always thought they wouldn't allow such high amounts to clear.

Comment

Working...
            X