GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Background checks? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Background checks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background checks?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if people could run searches or background checks on you without your say so? I am guessing yes, but don't know how it works. The reason I ask is I am having trouble with noise from a neighbour and made the mistake of complaining (never usually would).

I noticed my mail had been accessed and I have reason to believe it was the owner of the property I complained about (who is a letting agent). No-one here has my details, full name etc, and I almost never get mail addressed in that way, it just so happened that I had an envelope with several letters inside with my full name and previous address on at that particular time, and that envelope had been opened.

I strongly suspect this guy was checking into me, and wondered if there is any way of checking that or finding out about it? Can he access my records or have someone else do that without trace?

Thank you.

Re: Background checks?

Hi

you can find a lot of information from the ICO website Link
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Anyone can look up Trust Online to check for CCJs with a name and address and £10 or so.

Comment

Public data / info already existent (ie on Google) is all they'll see.

They could not run a credit check or see personal info unless as you say mail was tampered.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As a registered data controller with the ICO I could easily do a check on you. But I'd need at the very least your full name date of birth and current address.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Im not sure you can. We are also DPA registered but it gives us no special rights. It's security to members that we abide by the principles we say we will.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Misunderstood me niddy mate. I'm part of creditsafe as part of my job I have to do AML searches on new and old clients. To be a member I have to be a registered data controller with ICO. So I guess I should have said that bit first lol

Comment

Working...
              X