GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot Financial/Restons Solicitors/Capital One - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot Financial/Restons Solicitors/Capital One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial/Restons Solicitors/Capital One

Hi

I have recently received a few letters from Cabot Financial (Marlin) Ltd regarding an outstanding amount to Capital One. It's only a small amount of £336.63 but I don't have the money to pay it off. I ignored their letters and have now received a letter from Restons Solicitors giving me until Friday 18th December to pay the outstanding amount failing which they will issue a claim against me in the County Court.

They may be prepared to accept payment by instalments if I fill in a financial questionnaire and return it by the 18th whereupon they will telephone me on any number they have on their records for me. They also state that their client has asked them to draw my attention to the opportunity of a specially discounted settlement figure and that if I am interested in this, I should phone them.

I was told on this forum previously never to phone these agencies/solicitors and to keep everything in writing but I am interested to know how much they might reduce the debt by in case I can juggle things around a bit after Christmas and actually pay it off. How much do they normally discount debts by, is there an average and is it negotiable?

Should I send Restons a CCA request first off, will that be sufficient to stop them issuing a claim on the 18th? I was thinking it might buy me a bit of time in case I can juggle some other bills/payments and pay this one off at the discount they offer in several weeks time.

Thanks

Re: Cabot Financial/Restons Solicitors/Capital One

Hi

I wouldn't be phoning Restons under any circumstances.

Firstly are you sure this is your debt? do you recognise it?
    Have you sent a CCA request before?
    What kind of debt is it, how old and what for?

If you fill us in on what is happening here we can help that bit better

Comment

Have you read this ? ------>Cabot

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

and this ....> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541856
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
          Hi

I wouldn't be phoning Restons under any circumstances.

Firstly are you sure this is your debt? do you recognise it?
          Have you sent a CCA request before?
          What kind of debt is it, how old and what for?

If you fill us in on what is happening here we can help that bit better
          Hi and thanks for your reply.

Yes I recognise it, it's a Capital One credit card debt. I had a credit card with them a few years ago. I was paying £15 a month off the debt as recently as 2013. I may have sent a CCA request to another debt colletion agency in the past as this has done the rounds a bit, I'm not sure but I will check and see if I can find anything.

Comment

Deepie, no I haven't read those threads but will have a read now.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Carley,

You definitely need to send a CCA Request off ASAP as instructed in the link Deepie gave you ie http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541856 Do it today.

As they are threatening legal action without further notice you also need to urgently send a Letter Before Action response. I'll find out later whether the one Niddy mentions in his post has been proofed with our Solicitor yet. PlanB may know...

Elsa x

Comment

Hi

Ok what I would be doing is the following:
                1. Send a CCA Request to Cabot --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495038
                2. Send the LBA Response to Restons --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/FREE/LBA-2016.doc

Keep us updated and try not to worry.....
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Thank you Elsa and Niddy. I will let you know when I receive a response to either letter.

Comment

Working...
                  X