GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nissan lease payment missed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nissan lease payment missed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan lease payment missed

Not sure if this belongs here. If not please advise.

I leased a Nissan car until about 2 years ago. I missed one payment and then forgot that I missed it. About 6 months later they wanted missed payment plus interest plus charges. I couldn't pay the whole amount, offered to make missing payment but they wanted nearly twice as much. Gave the car back at the end. They passed the debt onto a few DCAs and now it's gone back to them and they are offering 30% discount. What should I do? I can't pay even the base amount or even half of it. Ignore or send it back!!

Re: Nissan lease payment missed

Originally posted by Shandy View Post

I leased a Nissan car until about 2 years ago. I missed one payment and then forgot that I missed it. About 6 months later they wanted missed payment plus interest plus charges. I couldn't pay the whole amount, offered to make missing payment but they wanted nearly twice as much. Gave the car back at the end. They passed the debt onto a few DCAs and now it's gone back to them and they are offering 30% discount. What should I do? I can't pay even the base amount or even half of it. Ignore or send it back!!
    Twice as much for one payment? They are having a laugh, request CCA, when they respond offer the payment without charges or interest, refuse to pay charges and cost and claim all along you intended to make the payment, do all this in writing. Tell them that you forgot about the missed payment, but then so did they for 6 months. Should work, it's been 2 years they'll probably just be happy to get the payment.

Others on here may be able to advise not having to pay at all etc. I'm new and haven't picked up any tricks yet.

In my experience, if you have a dispute with a company like your charges on the missed payment, you can get out of the debt collector fee's because the original creditor ignored your dispute. At least that's worked for me before, why should you pay DCA fees when you were willing to deal with the original company anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Shandy View Post

Was the car actually leased or on a HP agreement?
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Diasflac and SaltnVinegar for your replies. The car was leased.

Comment

Working...
        X