GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tech Clerks - General Debt Matters Thread - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tech Clerks - General Debt Matters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tech Clerks - General Debt Matters Thread

Think about it

Thought this was something to think about.......

THE MAGIC BANK ACCOUNT

THE AUTHOR IS NOT KNOWN. IT WAS FOUND IN THE BILLFOLD OF COACH PAUL BEAR BRYANT, ALABAMA, AFTER HE DIED IN 1982

Imagine that you had won the following *PRIZE* in a contest: Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use. However, this prize has rules. The set of rules:

1 Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you.

2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account.

3. You may only spend it.

4. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.

5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say, “Game Over!". It can close the account and you will not receive a new one.

What would you personally do?

You would buy anything and everything you wanted right? Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don't know, because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself, right?

You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning, right?

ACTUALLY, This GAME is REAL ..Shocked ??? YES!

Each of us is already a winner of this *PRIZE*. We just can't seem to see it.

The PRIZE is *TIME*

1 Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.

2. And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is not credited to us.

3. What we haven't used up that day is forever lost.

4. Yesterday is forever gone.

5. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time without warning...

So, what will you do with your 86,400 seconds?

Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars. Think about it and remember to enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think.

So take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply and enjoy life!

Here's wishing you a wonderful and beautiful day. Start “spending”....

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You'll Be Floored When You See What This Family Did To Their House.
      http://www.thisblewmymind.com/youll-be-floored-when-you-see-what-this-family-did-to-their-house/#rXs68BM3Fmy12rrb.03
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you for your email of 22 November 2014 to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), in which you attach a card from Intrum Justitia.

It's still not clear who you are referring to when you mention DCA. For me to be able to provide you with a more accurate and timely response, I would ask that you provide me with a brief summary of:

· - what your relationship is with the firm
        · - the nature of your complaint, and
        · - what guidance you're looking for from the FCA.

To help manage your expectations, I should explain we don't investigate individual complaints. What we can do is provide factual information and relevant guidance to help consumers on to their next steps, and the information you provide will be used as internal intelligence.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Yours sincerely,

My Response to this e-mail-

and my response:-Lesson one = DCA = DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY

Lesson 2:- , Have been brought to my attention

Lesson 3:- Do you not recognise mis-use of threats when you see one??

Debt collection by that company methods used to intimidate come on wake up call, if you do not know what you are regulating then pack up

This was posted on another Forum, so I sent copy of the same to FCA and the response says it all!!!

Attached Files
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 26 November 2014, 21:40.

Comment

Anybody else seen/received one?/

Comment

not had dealings with them, so no

Comment

Well after having to badger them some sense of a reply:-

My findings

I've checked the Consumer Credit register (debt collection firms fall under consumer credit) and I have found the following:

1. Intrum Justitia Ireland Ltd (ref. no: 558827) is regulated and authorised by us and their registered address is in Dublin. They have debt collecting permissions. As they are registered in Ireland, they will also fall under the Irish regulator, The Central Bank of Ireland. To see ways of contacting them, to find out the status of the firm, you can use the link below:

The Central Bank of Ireland - Contact

2. Intrum Justitia Limited (ref. no: 654087) is also regulated and authorised by us, and they have a registered address in Liverpool, UK. I have noted that this is not the same address as the one on the card you've received, and also this firm does not have debt collecting permissions. I believe, therefore, the firm that contacted you may be a potential clone firm using the name of a regulated firm. Our website has useful information about cloned firms, which you can see using the link below:

FCA: Cloned firms

What I'll do with the information you sent us

I've also forwarded this information to the relevant team within the FCA. They won't provide you direct feedback of any investigation they may conduct due to restrictions in legislation.
              I hope that helps.

Yours sincerely,

xxx xxxx xxxx (Mr)
              Associate | Customer Contact Centre
              Financial Conduct Authority | www.fca.org.uk

Consumer Helpline: 0800 111 6768

Comment

"Tesco paid £519m in tax last year but received £364m in public subsidy for its 209,000 low-paid workers."

well well

Comment

H
                  came across invitation to apply for Marbles Credit Card (high interest rate though) and pre-approve without trace, - then said eligible so I thought here we go again, so carried on and accepted, so will have to use less than any other!

Comment

Ooooer !!
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Marbles card to-day - limit £300.00
                      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 15 October 2015, 14:37.

Comment

Well well well!!! Marbles card increase limit to £1,300, Q/As state Balance transfers can be made to this card from store/credit cards, spent 45 minutes trying to get somewhere on phone yesterday they had a chap having difficulty trying to comply with request, he asked me to ring again to-day when records are updated at midnight to new limit etc, as a gesture of goodwill £ 5.00 credit to account due to abnormal waiting on the phone and systems slowly working. fair enough!

to-day get thru and told sorry no can do because the card account to balance transfer not able to accept? ( Cash Plus Gold - Mastercard)? have to go to ATM draw cash and pay it off that way and interest rate is over 50% Plus+ on cash advances + £3.00 or 3% whichever is greater!! ahhhhhhhhhh??????????????????///

Also the 39.9 % rate I thought I was on for purchases is actually 44.95%, ah????????????????/ ,

Phone call FOS as usual ended in a goodbye from me as usual as they are below useless! in only state they would make a complaint to Marbles for me not any idea of reason I could formulate any proper complaint, the wall in front of me can give me advice than that wet rag organisation !!!!!!!!!

as cash+ is so expensive on small debits the increases expected never materialise so interest is astronomical, £15.00 what ever the debit amount is , but no increase since initial taken out of card 2 years ago, limit £250 so they make a bally fortune, and no carry out initial understanding regular payments and increases will happen! ah!!!!!!
                        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 15 October 2015, 14:37.

Comment

I am all awash on this nonsense -- Bath time!

Comment

https://www.politicshome.com/home-af...on-court-fines H.M. Court Service Privatitisation cancelled!

Comment

Working...
                            X