Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fees

Just a question really;
    What documentation do I need to read where it states the amount in fees that companies can charge us for late/missed payments, I assume it will be different for Banks - or is it?
    So I and others can use it as ammunition when disputing the £12 (£25 Banks) charge that these cowboys slap on.
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Re: Fees

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
    Just a question really;
    What documentation do I need to read where it states the amount in fees that companies can charge us for late/missed payments, I assume it will be different for Banks - or is it?
    So I and others can use it as ammunition when disputing the £12 (£25 Banks) charge that these cowboys slap on.
    Well the OFT lost the case at the supreme court didn't it? So nothing is legally binding, of course. You can request they refund the difference between the old £25 charge to the new £12 charge but you cannot quote anything, as the OFT lost.

However this is what you may be referring to (its from 2006 and stipulates the guidelines for the new pricing structure that the OFT wants banks to take - most did)...

---> http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2006/68-06
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Fees

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Well the OFT lost the case at the supreme court didn't it? So nothing is legally binding, of course. You can request they refund the difference between the old £25 charge to the new £12 charge but you cannot quote anything, as the OFT lost.

However this is what you may be referring to (its from 2006 and stipulates the guidelines for the new pricing structure that the OFT wants banks to take - most did)...

---> http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2006/68-06
      Why didnt they appeal, it seems a bit of an insult. A governing body and THEY LOST...

Well, how much DOES it cost to notify someone of a late/missed payment. I asked AW/JDW and they didn’t answer.
      So it costs £12 to write a letter - the paper,ink,envelope, stamped - me thinks not.

From OFT
      'We are not suggesting that default fees should be set at £12, and a court will certainly not consider that a default fee is fair just because it is below the threshold.'
      Last edited by pooky2483; 24 August 2012, 10:00.
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Working...
      X