GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script orange mobile - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

orange mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orange mobile

My husband has a debt which cannot be cca'd and it started off at £250 with added charges and whatever its now £500+ , we were thinking of offering them a full and final settlement, do you think £100 would do it?
    They are recieving £1 a month at the moment at hubby will be 100+ when its finished
    Last edited by Spent2much; 10 July 2012, 09:43.

Re: orange mobile

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    My husband has a debt which cannot be cca'd and it started off at £250 with added charges and whatever its now £500+ , we were thinking of offering them a full and final settlement, do you think £100 would do it?
    They are recieving £1 a month at the moment at hubby will be 100+ when its finished
    I reckon a lower starting point than that if you are going for a settlement, if they sell the debt on they will only get a few pence in the pound, send them a real sob story, you never know, the worst that can happen is they say no, then maybe go up a few quid.

Good luck with it

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
      I reckon a lower starting point than that if you are going for a settlement, if they sell the debt on they will only get a few pence in the pound, send them a real sob story, you never know, the worst that can happen is they say no, then maybe go up a few quid.

Good luck with it

will try that maybe there is a template letter somewhere

Comment

---> allaboutDEBT | Our Templates | Creditor Offer Templates
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

will try that maybe there is a template letter somewhere
          There is one for full and final, I have seen it somewhere in the template section.

Comment

i will need to add my sob story to it which at the moment is a sob story i hope they have hearts

Comment

read up - I just linked to templates ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                see!

Comment

see!
                  I could have done it - I was busy reading the main thread

Comment

see!
                    sorry

Comment

Thought of starting at say £10 and then after every letter increasing by just £1 until they accept?? i bet it would be about £35 that they would then accept at.

Bear in mind that they would have had 25 F&F letters. i would think they would get the message and not bother after that.

Just Maybe
                      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                        Thought of starting at say £10 and then after every letter increasing by just £1 until they accept?? i bet it would be about £35 that they would then accept at.

Bear in mind that they would have had 25 F&F letters. i would think they would get the message and not bother after that.

Just Maybe

really ? i am too generous for my own good

Comment

really ? i am too generous for my own good
                          Depends on whether or not its still under contract or not?

I must make aware that although i would find the above hilarious if it worked i highly doubt that it would.

£100 does sound like a reasonable starting point though
                          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                            Depends on whether or not its still under contract or not?

I must make aware that although i would find the above hilarious if it worked i highly doubt that it would.

£100 does sound like a reasonable starting point though

haven't had the phone for over 4 years now so i think the contract is well and truly finished .
                            Last edited by Spent2much; 10 July 2012, 15:56.

Comment

if balance is £500 and £1 payments per month you could just ask them to write it off considering everything else.

It is a relativity small balance tbh so i personally would ask to get it written off.

Worse case they say no and then you do F&F starting at £10 onwards IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X