GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script myself and barclaycard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

myself and barclaycard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: myself and barclaycard

I've not looked at mine for years and years don't intend to either.
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've looked at mine recently but only to get start dates and default dates. Mine doesn't bother me.

Comment

I have 2 old credit file requests that I keep so that I can check data without doing new checks - unless of course DCAs start playing games.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jadex View Post
          Hi,
          What was the date on this letter?
          Am asking as there are 2 different ways of dealing with this particular letter practiced on here.
          Some people (me included) got advised to not respond to it as date of the letter plus 10 days deadline to respond meant necessity to use time travel machine (I got letter the other day with 10 days already being in the past...)

Yes, that's an LBA. I'd definitely send that davidm.
          Elsa x

Just curious, as you got advised to reply to it
          no two cases are the same. I will say do ABC to some and XZY to others. It's how we work - we beat them on tactic most the time
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            no two cases are the same. I will say do ABC to some and XZY to others. It's how we work - we beat them on tactic most the time
            sent the lba already niddy

Comment

i havent checked my credit file online ,just got this card.i am already paying two other cards anyway.should i respond or ignore the letters in post 384??

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post
                i havent checked my credit file online ,just got this card.i am already paying two other cards anyway.should i respond or ignore the letters in post 384??
                Ignore them, What would you say if you did respond anyway? It is nothing to do with them and has no bearing on their account

They are trying to get you to respond and hoping you trip up

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post
                  sent the lba already niddy
                  Good. Well done
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                    Ignore them, What would you say if you did respond anyway? It is nothing to do with them and has no bearing on their account

They are trying to get you to respond and hoping you trip up
                    Ok will do thanks

Comment

got another howard cohen letter same as my other one for the other account,so will send them an LBA as i did for the other one ,is that ok ??
                      Attached Files

Comment

sounds like a good plan xx

Comment

last couple of weeks ive been having a few letters back and forth with robinson way .i requested a cca from them they then sent me a letter saying i did not send the £1 postal order see first letter ,then i had another saying i had paid money off the balance ? which i did not it was the £1 postal order for the cca ,then i get this today think this is the 2nd or 3rd one ive had .i still have not recieved the CCA .this is my egg account
                          Attached Files

Comment

Since the account only "may" be transferred and they in default of your CCA request, while at the same time making it patantly clear that they have received the payment I would be ignoring them and the fact that they have put the £1 to the account, as with those letters that is easily arguable later and may possibly keep them off your back since they will have a later SB date than it actually is.
                            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Keep the letters safely and if possible with dated envelopes as this is evidence of your request being received and their incorrect use of the £1 and then ignore for a while. They are in default of your request so cannot legally enforce, plus their actions will fit nicely in to any defence IF required.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                                Keep the letters safely and if possible with dated envelopes as this is evidence of your request being received and their incorrect use of the £1 and then ignore for a while. They are in default of your request so cannot legally enforce, plus their actions will fit nicely in to any defence IF required.
                                was going to send an LBA so shall i not bother for the moment?

Comment

Working...
                                X