GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script myself and barclaycard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

myself and barclaycard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: myself and barclaycard

Should I,send an LBA

Comment

Yes. This version here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post547530
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Will do thank you

Comment

got this today from my new DCA ,post 373 ,they have not replied to my request for a legible document,the previous one niddy said was illegible.so i have printed off the same letter i sent the previous dca requesting a readable copy ,with a note saying still waiting for a reply.is that ok ??
          Attached Files

Comment

Trying it on. Yes I would send letter, but see what others think first. With Niddy's help, the FOS asked Barclaycard to provide either a legible copy, or a typed up version of CCA together with relevant T&C. Barclaycard could not comply!They were stuffed!

Comment

just got this regarding my barclaycard gold account going to send them an LBA ,the one niddy reccomended in post 377
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that's an LBA. I'd definitely send that davidm.

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post

Elsa x
                  thank you elsa

Comment

got two of these both the same ,for two of my barclaycard accounts yesterday not sure how to respond.
                    i got a new credit card with a very small limit £200 ,to try and rebuild my credit rating ,this is why they have sent me the letter .
                    Attached Files

Comment

It may well be Davidm.

I've been advised on here not to check my file with any of the agencies because any activity sends an alert to lenders/DCA's

I used to check on Noddle because I thought it was a 'safe' one but Niddy put me right!

Comment

Applying for a new card or checking your credit score etc does carry a risk of those outstanding creditors seeing the new activity and thinking that it gives them the green light to pester you especially in your case using the old " You are paying them but not us trick"

However despite what they believe/think/dream it changes nothing. So what, You have a £200 balance credit card.......How can they use that against you? It means nothing

As far as I can see this is currently U/E due to illegible documents etc

If an account ever ends in court action, It will be won or lost on the facts of the case and the documents etc. A court will only concern itself with legal arguments, Not "half arsed" morals that can be debated in church.

They might send you a few more letter but in reality it changes nothing
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post
                          got two of these both the same ,for two of my barclaycard accounts yesterday not sure how to respond.
                          i got a new credit card with a very small limit £200 ,to try and rebuild my credit rating ,this is why they have sent me the letter .
                          Thats what they'd like you to think, but what do they really know from looking at your credit file? That you may have another account which is up to date? So what?!

Its just another sneaky way of putting pressure on you and doesn't dignify any sort of response.

As has already been said, until they address the legal matters relating to your account nothing has changed.
                          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post
                            just got this regarding my barclaycard gold account going to send them an LBA ,the one niddy reccomended in post 377
                            Hi,
                            What was the date on this letter?
                            Am asking as there are 2 different ways of dealing with this particular letter practiced on here.
                            Some people (me included) got advised to not respond to it as date of the letter plus 10 days deadline to respond meant necessity to use time travel machine (I got letter the other day with 10 days already being in the past...)

Elsa x

Just curious, as you got advised to reply to it

Comment

Davidm didn't raise any issue with the dates, hence the standard LBA response was suggested, as also suggested by Niddy for David's earlier LBA in post 377

Comment

I can't quite get a grip on why anyone needs to look at their credit record, if it's shot it's shot, looking at it is not going to fix it only time will do that and everyone is aware of those parameters. You do flag yourself up when you look because the CRAs more or less work for the banks, never ever for you no matter what their fancy advertising says. Think about it, who keeps track of you? who flags up your defaults? that's right the CRAs keep it all neatly in a wee pile so that the banks have a quick reference. Then the CRAs try selling you a product to help "repair" your credit record which you don't care about but THEY created to beat you over the head with.

it's all about control, don't fall for it. don't feed the fire, just leave it alone until you are clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X