GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Question re income - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question re income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re income

Just thinking out loud here but brief history ...

Me and OH started out on a DMP with CCCS, his income varies from month to month so when we started out with CCCS they were happy to accept that, fast forward to the review and because he'd had a few good months wages they set our payment too high for when the not so good months followed. So we cancelled DMP and sent CCA requests to everyone.

If and when we sort a DMP for those debts that are enforceable, I'd like to self manage it, so what counts as income for the DMP?

In our case OH's basic wage is around half of what he actually earns (due to overtime). So what would go down on budget sheets to prevent us being in the same situation as we found ourselves in with CCCS?

Hope this makes sense

Re: Question re income

Have a read here

---> Financial Hardship - Trigger Figures

Don't worry about dmp yet. Let's sort the ue stuff first
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jaci View Post
      Just thinking out loud here but brief history ...

Me and OH started out on a DMP with CCCS, his income varies from month to month so when we started out with CCCS they were happy to accept that, fast forward to the review and because he'd had a few good months wages they set our payment too high for when the not so good months followed. So we cancelled DMP and sent CCA requests to everyone.

If and when we sort a DMP for those debts that are enforceable, I'd like to self manage it, so what counts as income for the DMP?

In our case OH's basic wage is around half of what he actually earns (due to overtime). So what would go down on budget sheets to prevent us being in the same situation as we found ourselves in with CCCS?

Hope this makes sense
      Hi Jaci

As NID says look at the UE stuff first.

Regards what you put down as your salary, I am in a similar situation to your IH when it comes to O/T. However O/T is not guaranteed.

Consequently only your base salary should be used as the basis for DMP calculations.

Any money you then build up from O/T can then be used to pay off debt but do it at a pro-rata rate.

Personally I would also put a bit of the O/T money aside so you have a bit of a buffer should the O/T dry up or for emergencies.

Best
      SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi,

Definitely follow Niddy's advice and explore the UE route. Whatever is left can be put on a self managed DMP quite easily - we can give you vast amounts of help with that, so don't worry about it. In answer to your question about IE forms though, CCCS were being a bit naughty. All the training for the Common Financial Statement states you do not put down overtime, you only put down guaranteed income. If this happens to be about half what he actually earns, fair enough, that's what you put down.

The last thing you ever want in a DMP is to agree an amount that you can't then guarantee to stick to.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, don't seem to be at the DMP stage yet, but will be back when I am!

Thing is if we had have probably worked just on his 'guaranteed income' we probably wouldn't even have had enough for a DMP, so when I'm done with the UE stuff what happens if there isn't enough guaranteed income for a DMP????

Comment

we'll worry about that when the time comes, if you are self-managing, its you that decides the levels..................

Comment

Thanks, probably just worrying too much as per usual

Comment

everybody does at first, just forget all about it, its the weekend and remember its only money..........lots of stuff more important

Comment

Working...
                X