GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot Letter potential Default HSBC Current account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot Letter potential Default HSBC Current account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Letter potential Default HSBC Current account

Hi Guys,
    I received a letter through the post from Cabottom. We had a joint current account with HSBC and default amount for £407. I recieved default in 2008 and it fell of my CRA in 2014. We paid into A DMA until 2 years ago for nominal amount. i wrote a full and final letter for the account 2 years ago and offered Cabottom £100 and they declined the offer. Now my wife has received this letter in her name and i'm not 100% sure if she received a default notice in her name for the account. As our CRA are clean from any defaults and we are rebuilding our history. Im a little worried they may sl a default under her name as they have never wrote to her just me for the joint account. Just strange there writing now. i have attached letter to this post.

Adinuff

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1416458Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	1416460

Re: Cabot Letter potential Default HSBC Current account

Hi Adinuff,
    I wouldn't worry about it. It's just a statutory notice that they have, by law, to send annually to anyone who has arrears.
    I doesn't affect the default status and it's not a demand for payment.

Elsa x

Comment

Re: Cabot Letter potential Default HSBC Current account

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
      Hi Adinuff,
      I wouldn't worry about it. It's just a statutory notice that they have, by law, to send annually to anyone who has arrears.
      I doesn't affect the default status and it's not a demand for payment.

Elsa x
      Hi UE,
      Thanks for that. I was thinking it was a precursor to a default notice. Email came through for this thread update

Adinuff

Comment

Working...
      X