GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bt default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bt default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bt default

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    It's still wrong and should not be there at all.

BT should also offer damages to compensate you for any losses you may have suffered due to their blundering. For example, a better mortgage deal might have been available if your credit history had been spotless.
    Exactly, but first you wait till they resolve the complaint element.......
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I was in Cardiff during some but not all of that time and when I was in Cardiff i was in halls which had no telephone line

Comment

This is another response I recieved

Hello Mr Jones,

Thanks for your email. I’ve tried ringing you but haven’t been able to get hold of you.

I’m really sorry for the problems you’ve had. I’m investigating your complaint and will give you on Wednesday 20th August before 6pm.

How to get in touch with me

My direct line is 02890215732 or you can email me if you prefer.

Don’t worry

I’m dealing with this now. And I’ll do my best to get things sorted out as quickly as I can.

Best wishes,
        Pauline

Pauline Goodwin | BT Group | BT, Riverside Tower, Lanyon Place, Belfast, BT1 3BT
        Executive Level Complaints

I am a bit confused as I never supplied a contact number, it seems by her email she just wanted to update me but I can't tell where they got my number from if they did try ringing me

I emailed back saying it was better to correspond via email because I can't answer the phone with work, just worried it's some underhand tactic from them ?

Comment

Maybe she's been ringing the number on your non existent account
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            This does begin to look like identity fraud.
            yeah, that's what i was thinking. This happened to me a few years back in my old place and I was fuming because i contacted BT to say why have you passed an account that never existed between us to a DCA. They wouldn't talk to me because they said it was in the hands of the DCA. The DCA were more helpful; there was no doubt it was fraud in my case - the installation address was next door!
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nah it's not necessarily ID Fraud and even if so, they cannot discuss with you whether you're the victim or not.

However when you do send in a CEO complaint they always try and deal by phone as with email things get missed so you MUST make time to call her so she can try and deal. You can put yourself and your argument across much better in person than you ever can via email - trust me. So call her and put an end to this, however DO NOT accept removal as completeness - it is not. You want compensation and a full apology in writing plus a guarantee that this will not reappear anywhere on your credit report with an undertaking that if it is indeed ID Fraud that there is a clear disassociation between you and the fraudster.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

With email, misunderstandings may be less likely and one will have a record of the other person's comments; additionally, one does not need to pay for the 'phone call.

Comment

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
                  I can't tell where they got my number from
                  GCHQ? Click image for larger version

Name:	secret.gif
Views:	1
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	1401268

Comment

With email, misunderstandings may be less likely and one will have a record of the other person's comments; additionally, one does not need to pay for the 'phone call.
                    They will pay for the call if asked and at the start make it clear that you may well need a copy of the call in future so to pull it from the system and preserve it for 3 months due to the severity of the complaint and possible ID Fraud.

Calls usually get wiped after 7-21 days depending on policy if no complaints arise. So get it in at the start and they'll keep a copy of it archived.

Comment

The only issue I have is that I have no access to my phone during the working day so ringing is nigh on impossible, also im wary of saying something and then them using the info against me im not the cleverest haha

Comment

You'll be alright.

Ive emailed

Comment

GCHQ? [ATTACH=CONFIG]13590[/ATTACH]

posted for the second time on this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            plus a guarantee that this will not reappear anywhere on your credit report with an undertaking that if it is indeed ID Fraud that there is a clear disassociation between you and the fraudster.
                            I had a fraud problem with an O2 account and from memory Equifax/Experian registered it on my file as a CIFAS issue

https://equifaxuk.custhelp.com/app/a...aud-protection.

Comment

CIFAS protective registration (check the guide in the CRA section here under FPA's -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...aud-Prevention ) is a hindrance. Means manual intervention and CIFAS cross check with N Hunter on each application. Sod that you're best just dealing with it as it was isolated so long ago.

I was the victim of £100k ID fraud remember. I won after 4 years of fighting

That's what started AAD back in the day.....

I got (small) payouts from CrapQuest to Lowells for their errors - plus many others

Comment

Here is the response recieved

Hello Mr Jones,

I hope you’re well. I have investigated your complaint and can therefore advise you that the adverse was removed from your account on Monday 18th August.

Therefore your credit file is now clear in regards to BT.

Please advise if its ok to close your complaint now this has been resolved.

Best Wishes

Pauline

Pauline Goodwin | BT Group | BT, Riverside Tower, Lanyon Place, Belfast, BT1 3BT
                                Executive Level Complaints

So do I accept that or push for more? its still on the report and shows paid up to date then settled like the previous screenshot

and

on an even better note the mortgage has been accepted

Thank you so much guys

Comment

Working...
                                X