GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bt default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bt default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bt default

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    why on earth would you SAR a firm that you know you have never dealt with? You wouldn't.....
    Unless he has a current BT account so would have every reason to squander £10 to prove his innocence

Comment

No I'd not suggest he SAR's BT.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        So, when are we getting married?

I thought we'd fixed the date for September 31st ?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          I thought we'd fixed the date for September 31st ?
          But didn't you say Handel's church was booked until February 30th?

And yes, I do concur that an SAR to BT would seem to be an excellent way to force BT to admit that the OP never had been a customer.

Comment

Right so I'm ever so slightly confused is SAR the way to go? So far I have responded as I have to the forum id docs are not a problem but everything else is going to be a no go, when I spoke to them on live chat which is on this thread it mention a Cardiff number but the address for the default is not there and the only address I have linked for Cardiff was my halls of residence in uni which had no phone line, not entirely sure where to go with this now

Comment

I would follow what Niddy has said. This would seem to be the easiest way...

So you were around 20 then? Do you still bank with the same bank as you did in 2008? If so problem solved, it would be linked on your credit report under Linked Addresses

Screen print / pdf it and show them that.
              If you don't still bank with the same bank then SAR your bank.

SAR your bank which will show the address history (assuming it covers the period in question - or were you under 18 then?), or write to them and ask them to write to you confirming all address histories on your account - failing that you can literally respond saying you were living at your parents and thus cannot obtain evidence.

Not many kids living with their parents would have bills and BT have to take that on board, however a statement confirming your stance should suffice because as others have stated, you are innocent until proved otherwise. If BT cannot prove that you do owe the monies and did hold an account they must act as though you didn't and remove the entry until they find out otherwise.

That's what the regulators are for. In any case Equifax should not re-apply the entry because it is in clear dispute.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nah I'm still with the same bank I'll get the screenshot across

Comment

And yes, I do concur that an SAR to BT would seem to be an excellent way to force BT to admit that the OP never had been a customer.
                  Totally disagree. Why would you (anyone) send a SAR when you know no account exists?

Anyway what do I know, I never worked at the CRA did I lol
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
                    Right so I'm ever so slightly confused is SAR the way to go? So far I have responded as I have to the forum id docs are not a problem but everything else is going to be a no go, when I spoke to them on live chat which is on this thread it mention a Cardiff number but the address for the default is not there and the only address I have linked for Cardiff was my halls of residence in uni which had no phone line, not entirely sure where to go with this now
                    I give up. I repeat what to do and you persistently ignore my help. I told you on post 6 (7 pages back) what to do to fix this, and still you're here not resolved.

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post418124

I'm out - Good luck.

Sighs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      I would follow what Niddy has said. This would seem to be the easiest way....
                      So would I, if I wanted it resolved

Comment

I thought I have followed your advice I raised a dispute with Equifax and now I recieved a response I was asking for more help should this not be the case?

Comment

Go to your bank, get copies of addresses from historical statements and send to BT - it's that easy. Tell BT to get lost and to PROVE TO YOU that you held an account if necessary.

If BT keep pissing around do what I said in post 6 - you don't need this hassle, go to their regulators if they do not deal with your serious complaint. If you read the forum this is normal behaviour for BT - we've seen it many times before and will see it many times again.

Comment

Totally disagree. Why would you (anyone) send a SAR when you know no account exists?
                            Although this might seem illogical at first, please consider this.

If BT cannot find any personal data on the OP, they will have to declare as much. Conversely, if they believe they do hold personal data on the OP, they will have to send the OP a legible and intelligible copy of all their alleged data on him.

We now know that the OP once sojourned in Cardiff and one may share his pain; whilst in Cardiff, he stayed at the "University" halls of residence, which is where the mix up may have occurred. If Jones the Debtor (or one of a few or many such persons) had got BT to change the address for 'phone bills from Penpidyn Street to the halls of residence, he'd still have been able to pay the bills - at least, for a while.

A subject access request could shew when Jones the Debtor first became a customer of BT, as well as his previous addresses. If Jones the Debtor had been a customer of BT for ten or fifteen years, then it is obviously not the same person as Jones the Former Student.

Comment

Although this might seem illogical at first, please consider this.

If BT cannot find any personal data on the OP, they will have to declare as much. Conversely, if they believe they do hold personal data on the OP, they will have to send the OP a legible and intelligible copy of all their alleged data on him.
                              But as the OP has already stated he knows he has never had any such account, it is not for him to be put out of his way requesting and rifling through documents which technically, would be seen by the ICO as leading a firm to believe they were compliant whilst really leading them awry (ie deliberately walking them into a breach of ICO)

We now know that the OP once sojourned in Cardiff and one may share his pain; whilst in Cardiff, he stayed at the "University" halls of residence, which is where the mix up may have occurred. If Jones the Debtor (or one of many such persons) had got BT to change the address for 'phone bills from Penpidyn Street to the halls of residence, he'd still have been able to pay the bills - at least, for a while.
                              But he stated he has never held an account with BT so you would never request SAR because that implies you *might* once have held an account (he didn't).

A subject access request could shew when Jones the Debtor first became a customer of BT, as well as his previous addresses. If Jones the Debtor had been a customer of BT for ten or fifteen years, then it is obviously not the same person as Jones the Former Student.
                              That would not happen, because he has now raised a fraud query they will decline any SAR so it's pointless continuing this line of discussion.

================================================== =================

What I would do, is try a totally different tact as follows:

Email the CEO of BT and send this, see what he says when it gets passed to one of the Exec Complaint Resolution Team - you would email direct to the following address: gavin.e.patterson@bt.com

Send this:

Dear Mr Patterson,

I am writing to you directly because I am having difficulty with the traditional channels of complaint and prior to taking legal action against BT, I am writing to you in the hope that you can resolve matters once and for all.

This begins with an erroneous entry appearing on my credit file (Equifax) which shows that there was an account held by someone with my name. The erroneous entry was a Default Derogatory marker suggesting I held an account with you and subsequently defaulted the account.

Here's the thing; I have never held an account with you and at the time in question, whereby I am accused of holding an account with BT I was living at my parents house who were customers of Virgin as far as I know but in any case I did not have any telephone lines - how many 20 year old kids do you know that live with their parents and take out their own line? It's absurd.

In addition, BT have clearly broken several regulatory guidelines because for one they've never attempted to contact me to retrieve this alleged debt, had they done so I'd have told them at the time that it had nothing to do with me and secondly, you have added a derogatory marker against my name which is affecting me obtaining a mortgage and therefore compensation for your defamatory and libellous recording of data will be sought through the civil courts - as you're no doubt aware, action can be taken with compensation awarded for damage to reputation when a firm adds incorrect libellous information to a Credit Agency. You have incorrectly recorded a default against me which has affected my obtaining a mortgage and my losses are now quite severe and recompense must be sought in order that I am not out of pocket.

You had no right to add this default against me, I have never been a customer of yours and never will. You have broken the basic principles of the Data Protection Act and you've also recorded and shared information about me to a third party without my authority - I have never held an account with you so you have never held any such lawful authority to use, let alone share my personal information.

Prior to my seeking legal action and more formal complaints to OFCOM, ICO and FCA regards your unlawful and libellous activities I suggest you immediately remove my details from your system, confirm that my details will be properly purged in totality from all three CRA's and make a suitable offer of compensation within the next 7 days. I am more than happy to clarify my stance in court, upon my taking legal action for damages so I suggest this complaint is dealt with, accordingly as a matter of urgency.

Yours sincerely,

L8onJones
                              Your Address

Comment

Niddy's letter should do the trick

There are two things going on here.

Firstly the OP wants the wrong Default marker removed from his CRA file for ever. BT are asking him to prove a negative which we all know is impossible. They need to be made to see the boot is on the other foot which that letter makes clear.

The other thing is my overwhelming curiosity as to why they think it's him. It's probably a silly mistake since I'm guessing "Jones" is a fairly common name in Wales

Comment

Working...
                                X