GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bt default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bt default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bt default

Hi

This time, login and go to the support section and update the status with the following reply: Copy it word for word….
    Hi

I am currently in the process of obtaining a mortgage and this negative marker is having an extremely adverse affect against me. I have told you that I have never held an account with BT and the fact that you’ve not had a response from BT yet compounds my argument. You are currently publishing libellous information against me and I must now insist that you purge this entry from my record in the next 7 days prior to my initiating legal action against you for the libellous and incorrect information you are publishing, even though you’ve been told that it is incorrect and that I have never held an account with BT.

You should also note that I will be complaining about your conduct to the Information Commissioner and speaking to my solicitor if this entry is not purged within the next 7 days.

You must be aware that BT have a history of behaving this way, so why do you not sanction them for their blatant abuse of reporting processes?

Good luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Do I mention experian even though ive never raised a dispute with them because its only equifax it has ever appeared on?

Comment

oops sorry my bad, see above - edited
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Had a response from Equifax before I'd sent niddys info, and they have removed it because bt did not reply good times thanks guys

Comment

Good news
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
              they have removed it because bt did not reply
              That's excellent news

Did they say they'd removed it for good, or that they'd removed temporarily while they wait for a reply from BT.

Just double-checking

Comment

it appears bt have now decided to reply and asked for the following

In order to continue with our investigation we will need documentation from you.

This is so that we are able to disassociate you from Debt/Fraud found at this address. We will need you to send the following documents:

*2 Proof of Identity ( ei; passport, birth certificate, driver's license, medical card or birth certificate)

*2 Proof of Tenancy from customer's previous and current address between the dates: 26/09/2008-03/09/2009

*2 Proof of Residency from customer's previous and current address between the dates:
                26/09/2008-03/09/2009 (ei; Utility bills, Bank statement, or credit card statement)

I am at a loss how to do this obviously I have my passport and driving licence for ID thats not a problem, but I was living with my dad and was not a tenant and also I had no bills and online banking?

Comment

What a wunch of bankers!

As they seem unable to prove that you did incur the debt - which you didn't - they now seem to expect you to prove your innocence.

A letter from your parent(s) may satisfy their impudent demands, but I'd be more inclined to refer the matter to OFCOM and/or the BBC consumer programme, You and Yours.

Comment

How would I approach it with them I've already emailed them said the id is easy to prove but the rest no can do, plus me and my dad aren't on speaking terms so the letter would be a no go

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      As they seem unable to prove that you did incur the debt - which you didn't - they now seem to expect you to prove your innocence.

I agree with Cloggy (rare I know ).

In this country you are innocent until proven otherwise (i.e. guilty). The onus is on BT to prove beyond doubt that you had an account with them which they defaulted due to your breach of contract.

They need to provide you with a copy of the contract you signed with them (albeit possibly electronically or over the phone but they would still have sent/emailed you confirmation) and a copy of all the bills generated as a result of that contract.

If this account was up and running for a year then they need to provide evidence of payments made because as sure as night follows day BT will disconnect a service if the bill isn't paid pronto. So who was the mystery person paying the account before it came to an abrupt halt?

BT have got homework to do, not you.

Comment

but I was living with my dad and was not a tenant and also I had no bills and online banking?
                        SAR your bank which will show the address history (assuming it covers the period in question - or were you under 18 then?), or write to them and ask them to write to you confirming all address histories on your account - failing that you can literally respond saying you were living at your parents and thus cannot obtain evidence.

Not many kids living with their parents would have bills and BT have to take that on board, however a statement confirming your stance should suffice because as others have stated, you are innocent until proved otherwise. If BT cannot prove that you do owe the monies and did hold an account they must act as though you didn't and remove the entry until they find out otherwise.

That's what the regulators are for. In any case Equifax should not re-apply the entry because it is in clear dispute.

Comment

26/09/2008-03/09/2009
                          So you were around 20 then? Do you still bank with the same bank as you did in 2008? If so problem solved, it would be linked on your credit report under Linked Addresses

Screen print / pdf it and show them that.

Comment

Here's a random thought.

How about the OP sends a SAR to BT?

If he genuinely had an account with them then they should have the paperwork and database evidence to back that up.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              Here's a random thought.

How about the OP sends a SAR to BT?

If he genuinely had an account with them then they should have the paperwork and database evidence to back that up.
                              Can do but then it could go against him with the Ombudsman (not FOS lol) because why on earth would you SAR a firm that you know you have never dealt with? You wouldn't.....

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                                I agree with Cloggy (rare I know ).
                                So, when are we getting married?

In this country you are innocent until proven otherwise (i.e. guilty). The onus is on BT to prove on the balance of probabilities that you had an account with them which they defaulted due to your alleged breach of contract.
                                I've fixed your post for you, sweetie.

Comment

Working...
                                X