GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bt default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bt default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bt default

Niddy is right and you should go direct to Patterson - he looks at every personal email. I did this earlier this year as I had a problem with BT cutting off my phone in the middle of January when I had it in writing from them that I did not have to pay until the end of the month. Patterson was very helpful and apologetic and passed my complaint onto the Exec Complaint Resolution team in Ireland. This is where it went downhill. They offered a miserly amount in compensation, and I suggested that instead of giving me compensation they should send a donation of £50 to Great Ormond Street Childrens Hospital - they bluntly refused.

Comment

Email has been sent so time will tell thanks for all the help niddy

Comment

Just a quick thought that popped into my head so thought I'd ask seeing as this default has been "temporarily" removed does this mean any additonal checks on my credit for the mortgage would show them for the time being?

Comment

Response so far is

Dear Mr Jones,

Thanks for your email to Gavin Patterson.

Sorry for the problems you’re having.

One of the team will contact you tomorrow. We'll try to put everything right for you.

Many thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Best wishes,

Matthew

Matthew King
          Executive Level Service Team; BT Consumer.

Comment

In another development i had the attached response from equifax customer support, but then checked my credit report to see it as recorded as the following so question is who ammended it bt or equifax?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
              In another development i had the attached response from equifax customer support, but then checked my credit report to see it as recorded as the following so question is who ammended it bt or equifax?
              Equifux updated it with revised data from BT.

However, the data from BT is still utter stercus bovi.

By the way, how old are you?

Comment

Is that info not on my profile? random question?
                Last edited by l8onjones; 18 August 2014, 18:13.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  Equifux updated it with revised data from BT.

However, the data from BT is still utter stercus bovi.

By the way, how old are you?
                  So if BT have revised the data does this mean their slowly admitting its not me?

Comment

Is that info not on my profile?
                    No - along with your shoe size and inside leg measurement, it isn't published.

random question?
                    Not quite random - I just wondered how old you were at the time of the alleged default in 2008.

Comment

He was 20 or so. I said that in the email I did for him

However they cannot just suppress it as there seemingly was an account so the CORRECT way is to make it live with up to date markers whilst they fix it as BT don't just remove entries or allow the CRA to leave it purged.

That said as you've made it crystal clear it was not yours the data now needs purging immediately as it's still false reporting. They might, for accounting purposes, leave it as green (good markers) and settled / closed just to write it off. Who knows.

Right now completing your mortgage from MiP to Offer is a good time as your file looks clean now doesn't it?
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So if BT have revised the data does this mean they're slowly admitting it's not me?
                        It looks more like they're trying to limit the damage caused by their incorrect data.

That was why I asked the question about your age. If you were under 18 at the time of the alleged default, it is rather unlikely that BT would have entered into a contract with you, as such a contract with a minor would probably not be enforceable at law.

Comment

So it may remain but just as a settled account? Yeah my credit file is now clean so hopefully the mortgage should be ok

Comment

It's still wrong and should not be there at all.

BT should also offer damages to compensate you for any losses you may have suffered due to their blundering. For example, a better mortgage deal might have been available if your credit history had been spotless.

Comment

Ah right I see, with the settled it has already improved my Equifax credit rating ( I know it's just a number) I shall await their response today and will let you know

Comment

i had the attached response from equifax customer support, but then checked my credit report to see it as recorded as the following so question is who ammended it bt or equifax?
                                Have they got your date of birth right on that report (you've blanked it out)? I only ask because if the data was supplied to Equifax by BT why would they (BT) have your correct date of birth if you didn't have any account or business with them? This does begin to look like identity fraud.

Were you at uni in Cardiff between 26/09/2008 and 23/12/09?

Comment

Working...
                                X