GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bt default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bt default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bt default

I'd like to know approximately the value of the alleged debt and when it was supposedly incurred.

Comment

The approx value is 110 pounds

Comment

Sharon Harvey: Hello. I'm Sharon Harvey. Thanks for that information, I'll check it and get back to you in a moment.
        Sharon Harvey: How can I help you?
        leighton jones: Hi i have recently checked my credit report
        leighton jones: and have a default recorded there
        leighton jones: but as far as im concerned ive never had a bt account
        leighton jones: i have the last 4 digits of an account number if thats any help
        Sharon Harvey: You will need to speak to Equifax about this and raise a Notice of dispute. They can be contacted online at http://www.equifax.co.uk/ask or by calling: 0844 335 0550 or by writing to :
        Equifax Credit File Advice Centre
        P.O. Box 1140
        Bradford
        BD1 5US
        leighton jones: I have already done that
        leighton jones: but im concerned the account may still be open
        leighton jones: or someone has used my details
        leighton jones: so i wondered if i gave you the last 4 digits you could give me details of the apparent account?
        Sharon Harvey: I wouldn't be able to trace an account with only the last 4 digits, Sorry, If you have telephone numbers or addresses or the full account number then I can search that way otherwise I wouldn't be able to search it Leighton
        leighton jones: well i can give you the address its recorded against on my credit file
        Sharon Harvey: Yes I can search the address and see if anything in your name
        Sharon Harvey: What is the address, I don't have that information
        leighton jones: ADDRESS GIVEN
        Sharon Harvey: There is a closed account in your name at that address, services stopped in 2009 but as that was 6 years ago I have no access to those bills any longer
        leighton jones: does it say when in 2009?
        Sharon Harvey: 3rd September
        leighton jones: and is it not 5 years if its 2009?
        Sharon Harvey: yes but as its over 3 years the bills are no longer available but the debt has been sent to a collection agency. We sent a balance of £110.49 to the collection agency and they have added admin charges so the balance is now £138.11
        leighton jones: I have not recieved any of these letters?
        leighton jones: and the outstanding balance would be for the services provided to 11 brenig road?
        Sharon Harvey: The debt is in the process of being transferred to another collection agency so I don't have any contact details for them at the moment
        Sharon Harvey: Where you living there at the time?
        leighton jones: I was never incharge of the telephone line at that address
        leighton jones: I was living with parents
        Sharon Harvey: Is your Fathers name Leighton?
        leighton jones: Nop
        leighton jones: Nope
        Sharon Harvey: There was a telephone line active for 11 and a half months in your name between the 30th September 2008 and 3rd September 2009
        leighton jones: I have had issued with his details appearing on other credit reports
        leighton jones: and the active line was at ADDRESS
        Sharon Harvey: I cannot see where the line was active but the telephone number was If there is a dispute with this then you have to raise this with Equifax to protect your credit scoring
        leighton jones: well im already alarmed as the default was recorded sometime ago it may have already had a massive negative effect
        Sharon Harvey: I understand Leighton
        Sharon Harvey: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
        leighton jones: Yes if i were to pay this supposed fee would it lead to the default being removed?
        Sharon Harvey: I am not sure about that again Equifax will be able to advise you about the default and credit scoring
        leighton jones: right ok and if i wanted to pay could i pay bt direct
        leighton jones: ??
        Sharon Harvey: No Sorry Leighton this has been transferred to the collection agency so they will have to take payment now or the debt will continue to appear with the collection agency
        leighton jones: ok thank you
        You have disconnected.

Comment

This is how it appears on the credit report
          Attached Files

Comment

Does anything in that conversation provide you with any clues? Where were you living on 3rd September 2009 when the BT account allegedly in your name was closed with an outstanding balance of £110? Did you recognise the phone number she said the account related to?

Do you know if your parents had a BT account at that time which they terminated to be replaced by Virgin? Although you told her that you don't have the same name as them so it couldn't have been an account of theirs.

You may not have got bills to your address if you had online billing (I don't get paper bills for that reason). However it's odd that the account has been with two DCAs and you've not had any correspondence.

So it's looking increasingly likely that this is a case of mistaken identity.

Comment

I was living with my parents and they have always been with virgin never been with BT, i also find it odd when i offer to pay they seem reluctant?

Comment

Why would you pay a debt that isn't yours? I'd hope they did refuse it and now you know why the reluctance.

Why don't you just contact the CRA and raise a dispute. It's THAT easy to resolve!
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
                  I was living with my parents and they have always been with virgin never been with BT, i also find it odd when i offer to pay they seem reluctant?

Why are you offering to pay it if you don't owe it?

Did you recognise the phone number the BT rep gave you?

I have had BT accounts billed to my home when they are for my daughter's phone line at a different address. There can be a different billing address to the supply address. Is there a possibility that someone has used your name and your parents' address in a fraudulent way?

Comment

I have raised a dispute with equifax so will wait to see what they say, the number given didnt ring any bells, it was a cardiff number and im not from there

Comment

and i only offered to pay it to see what was said i was never going to pay it

Comment

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
                        and i only offered to pay it to see what was said i was never going to pay it
                        no that's pure daft. Why would you do such a thing? It makes absolutely no sense. And then you wonder why they think it might be your debt!

See what Equifax come back with. They'll contact the correct dept at BT to help start the ball rolling..
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Even better raise a dispute with the CRA saying YOU have never held a BT account and at the time in question you lived with your parents. They'll then contact BT. That channel allows you to then formally request BT remove it and if not you go to the ombudsman (OFCOM / Ombudsman Services) and the ICO.

Its easy to sort actually

Why don't you just contact the CRA and raise a dispute. It's THAT easy to resolve!

See what Equifax come back with. They'll contact the correct dept at BT to help start the ball rolling..

Point taken?

Comment

Isn't the "correct department" at Bangalore Telecom their Chief Executive?
                            CEO - gavin.e.patterson@bt.com

Or there's the Managing Director of BT Retail, Ms Libby Barr - libby.barr@bt.com

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Isn't the "correct department" at Bangalore Telecom their Chief Executive?
                              CEO - gavin.e.patterson@bt.com

Or there's the Managing Director of BT Retail, Ms Libby Barr - libby.barr@bt.com
                              No they have a dept dedicated to resolving serious complaints and one element of that team is the credit processing team who control the CRA entries.

Equifax etc will contact this team with your query. If unsuccessful at that route it's time to email CEO's....

Comment

Yeah point taken haha ive been intouch with equifax so I shall wait and see equifax are still refusing to add my electoral roll details even though experian have

Comment

Working...
                                X